Are we better off now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Jan 14, 2015.

?

Are we better off now?

1. Yes, Maccagnan, Bowles, and Gailey are the dream team we need to succeed

84.1%
  2. No, Idzick, Rex, and Marty had a plan and we should have been patient

15.9%
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOL nice.

I'll always look back on 2010 (with the whole Hard Knocks lead in) extremely fondly and as one of my top top entertaining Jets season in all my time as a Jet fan.

Thanks Rex, but it was time.

_

NY Jets68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No I'm just looking at it realistically.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Gee, that's a new approach for you.

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I have got to tell you...if Maccagnan does this I'll have a damn Jersey with his name on it printed up! I've been saying, along with a lot of others on this board, that the NY Jets drafts have been shit for YEARS! Hell...20 years PRE-Woody years bad. It says something that the team has never drafted a QB with a winning record...EVER! It SAYS something that over the last decade we've drafted ONE offensive guy make the pro bowl...in a NON-offensive category! (Leon Washington on specials)

If he can clean up our scouting dept. and we start drafting where we are hitting on 60 - 70% of our draft picks...well...zippity doo daa day will be definitely moving in the right direction...regardless of who is HC! :eek:;)

socaljetfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

At least we have a team and front office on the same page now. Rex and Idzik was a clash between winning now and rebuilding that Idzik won by not providing the neccessary talent to have team success. His prize was getting himself and his HC fired..complete miscalculation of his own job security.
    I look forward to the new era in Jets football. We have our positions we need to work out but we should hold our own next season if we can get the right FA's and draft picks.
    The schedule definitely looks alot easier next year. NFC North's gunslingers were the wrong NFC division to play last year with no secondary.

7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Only the most adamant of darksiders and Rex supporters couldn't feel at least a little bit of optimism with the direction this team is moving in with these hires

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Only because the cap situation.. He said before he's not willing to restructure.. If he decides to do it then scratch all that other stuff keep that beast! Hopefully Percy can get some consistency out there and not just have a handful of good games and be invisible for the rest

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Cannonball Run?

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Along those lines, I would be curious to see what the Dean of Darksiders has to say about recent events.. Paging Champ? Line 1

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We have cap space and his contract is structured in a way that we can cut him if neccesary anyway.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

this poll is horribly worded, in typical Jet fan extremist fashion.

The coaches I'd call a push. Bowles is the guy i wanted, but i don't consider it an upgrade that automatically will equate to wins.
    i don't see Gailey as more accomplished than Morningwood either.
    overall, considering a change had to be made, i'm happy with the replacements.

The more seasoned GM's i wanted were not really available. Out of who was left, i'm happy with Maccagnan.
    We won't really know about the GM for some time, but i'm at least happy there will be an emphasis in changing how we scout, and lots of organizational resources focused on that aspect.

it all comes down to the players, specifically the QB.
    Maccagnan, and the scouting approach, is really the key to this team improving. We need to start finding players.

13. joykilla

joykilla Member

I guess we are better off. It was clear that Idzik and Rex weren't on the same page and for as much as I loved Rex his offensive philosophy is just not gonna cut it in this league. I am okay with heading in a right direction.

But if we fire another GM within two years I am giving up on this team. You cannot win long term like that.

14. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

If the firing is deserved like it was with idzik then u gotta get rid of him

FlaJet likes this.
  15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mac and bowles are now 0 for the last 20 hours in delivering the VLT to the NYJ
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Considering there are only 2 HC positions left available (currently), and I don't expect any of the losing teams this weekend to fire anyone. I think the moves the Jets made so far are good and decisive, although the OC and DC picks the new coach plans to make have me concerned. Quinn might not have a job to go to if the Hawks go back to the SB.

18. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

This is an excellent pre-evaluation / summation.
    Maybe, just maybe we got ourselves a few diamonds in the rough.

19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Rex is gone of course we are better off, I see he already promising playoffs in Buffalo an vengeance to the Patriots same old clown show

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we are better off in the sense that we are moving forward. as far as being better off with the actual personnel, there is no real way to measure that.

Jets69 likes this.