Is Geno fixable?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bellows1, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Can Geno be fixed?

I think it is safe to say that he was neutered by the Buffalo Bills already.

3. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Fixable implies something good got broken.

In reality he just isn't very good, and never ever should have been drafted.

4. john law

john law New Member

No. Unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to have the football IQ. In a perfect setting, where he has time and his first pass option is open, he'll make the throw..anything beyond that, he fails. I think he can make a living as a career back up and thats it.

5. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

He does not have that leadership quality I hope we are looking for, a guy that can rally the troops and has that killer instinct. Hate but gotta love that in Tom Brady, he's got that fire, that" it". People don't like Winston but he has that "it".

6. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

I'd have to re-watch the games but if memory serves me Geno was an exciting player the first three games of the season. I re-call a lot of decisive runs and shots down the field that seemed to be incredibly accurate. Without looking at the numbers though I do remember the turnover numbers were bad.

In the Detroit game, I felt like the CS tried to reign in Geno and he turned into a timid QB that got into his own head too much. I didn't see any decisive throws out of him after that until late in the season. I don't want to blame the CS because maybe Geno just isn't that guy and can't handle the criticism but I do wonder what it would have been like if Geno was given a little more rope during those few early-season weeks to work through his turnovers while trying to make things happen

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

No, I don't think so, the more I watch the game the less impact I think coaching has - it seems that players either have it or they don't and the identity of the coach is just not that relevant

8. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Staying consistent (like how he plays in Miami) is the key. Can he string together games where he doesn't turn the ball over and put the defense in bad positions? So far we haven't seen that from him, but he has shown flashes of being a decent quarterback. Maybe the new regime will have a positive influence on him, maybe not. But as it stands he is still the best QB we have on the roster.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You can't fix stupid, end thread

TNJet likes this.
  10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I think Geno can be a good NFL Qb. He has the tools and I think most of the commentators on this board have little experience in evaluation of players. However, with commenting time they can improve. As will Geno.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If we can schedule all our games in December and they can all be against Miami, then yes Geno can be good.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Can he be fixed so he is better than how he was this year, yeah.

Can he be fixed so you can feel confident in him as a starter for a couple years, most likely no.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I thought as I watched the Green Bay game that Geno had turned the corner. Then I don't know what the fuck happened......the he had that Miami game which was about as bizarre as anything Ive ever seen. Of course he was ass sack 90% of the time. I have no idea what to think at this point but I do hold out a tiny glimmer of hope that he can be decent...on a good day

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He was on the wrong time zone. That's hardly "blowing off a team meeting".

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

This is the sad part. If we can't get anyone better than GeNO we are in deep caca,

16. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Geno Smith is a great backup QB

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am more than certain that Ryan Leaf had all the tools to be a franchise QB. We all know what happened afterwards though, right?

What matters most for QB is the stuff between his ears. Physical talents are a [discriminating] factor, not a [distinguishing] factor.

P.S. Discriminating factor simply means - it works as a discriminatory flag, as in [Can he do this?] You won't make an NBA center out of 5 foot midget, as the height is the discriminating factor. Distinguishing factor is what makes the great ones great. Remember that.

18. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I think nearly any quarterback can be broken, this sink or swim idea that a young QB can come in and flourish is unrealistic. It's all about putting a developing QB in a position to succeed and building their confidence.

19. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Good NFL quarterbacks run on eight cylinders, Smith only has 2 cylinders.
    There's nothing wrong with his 2 cylinder engine, it doesn't need fixing.
    Smith cannot see the field, that's not fixable, that's 6 cylinders missing for a quarterback.
    Go get an 8 cylinder quarterback from the draft, in fact, get 2.
    The problem with the Jets is that they don't know what it takes to put a good team on the field.
    The Jets took way too long to get evaluation help like Wolf and Casserly...2 years too late.
    Rex should have been gone 2 years ago.
    Sanchez should have been gone 2 years before he was dumped.
    Now it's time to dump Smith.
    You people have zero ability to evaluate football talent, it's been decades since you had a good team.
    Your stuck on a dime with quarterbacks, what the hell is wrong with you, YOUR QUARTERBACKS STINK!

FlaJet and Longsuffering88 like this.
  20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This is it right here. Geno saying he will be elite after his performances he's put out disturbs me.

I say trade for a qb like cutler. This team w a decent qb will be good and playoff calibre. And by calibre I mean in the hunt. Get a qb get some cbs and let's go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight likes this.