Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

That quote wasn't my point, I was just trying to find a place where the Wilson-Sanchez debate started. My point was a little bit further down when you stated that Wilson needed to find a way to win the Atlanta game. When Sanchez lost to the Skins, despite putting up great stats like Wilson did against Atlanta, you said that he "got it done" and was let down by his defense. But I have no issue now because you admitted that Sanchez needed to find a way to win the Skins game and failed.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

He also threw the game-defining interception. But, let's not allow statis . . . er, I mean "fantasy numbers" to get in the way of you tirelessly ball-washing Sanchez.

3. slimjasi

Still waiting, junc.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Rivers didn't give his team a chance, Mark did.

I don't care what average fans think about fantasy QBs.

5. nyjunc

it is the point, I was making a point based on someone telling me he was so much better and the Sea D was si much better. if that was the case then he wins in 2012. In 2013 he proved to be much better.

gave his team a chance to win, Rivers did not do that much like most of Rivers' postseason career.

6. slimjasi

Except, when the season was on the line.

7. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I've came to the conclusion that its ok to be a less than average football mind, and also believe that Nacho is an above average NFL QB.
    I'm also not one of them.

8. nyjunc

you are definitely not an above average fan, it's ok though. Most fans are average- congrats!

9. nyjunc

ball was incomplete but bad calls happen, the D needed to step up and get a stop. they failed.

10. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

The point is getting lost here. I was merely finding a game in which a QB had a similar performance in a loss to what Sanchez had in Washington. I'm not comparing the careers of two QBs, merely how each performed on a given day. In one game, you said the QB needed to find a way to win because he had the better team. In the other, you initially said the QB got it done and was let down by his defense. But that has been cleared up as you admitted that Sanchez needed to find a way to win the Skins game and did not. We're on the same page.

11. slimjasi

hahaha, hilarious. Only in your dreams was that not an interception.

Regardless, even if the defender had dropped it (he didn't), how would that change the fact that it was a terrible throw with the season on the line?

12. nyjunc

you are missing the point of my quote about that somewhat similar game.

13. nyjunc

ball clearly hit the ground and moved but they made the call and Wash had great FP. didn't mean the D had to allow Wash to drain clock and win game.

14. slimjasi

The defender controlled the ball. It was a pick. But again, what does this have to do with the throw?

edit: Still waiting, junc

15. nyjunc

did not control it as the ball moved while touching the ground but that's the way they called it. Tough break.

waiting for what?

16. slimjasi

What does whether or not the ball hit the ground (again, it was a pick) have to do with the fact that it was a putrid throw? (i.e. Why do you insist on relying on Red Herrings?)

17. nyjunc

I see red herrings is your catch phrase to deflect.

Bad throw, they happen but it should have been ruled incomplete.

18. slimjasi

No, Red Herrings just happen to epitomize your Sanchez BS. Every time you can't defend Sanchez without sounding like a moron, you just bring something else up that has no relation to the discussion at hand. You bringing up the fact that you thought Sanchez's season-defining pick was actually an incomplete pass in no way absolves Sanchez of throwing an absolutely hideous pass in crunch time of a must win game for his team.

Except that it was ruled an interception, as it should have been. Isn't it a bit telling that the only guy saying that it wasn't a pick happens to be the Sanchez Stan? I guess the fans and the Refs are "average."

So, what's your argument going to be when Sanchez is a backup again next season? Still waiting, junc.

19. nyjunc

only one of us sounds like a moron, only one of us shows a lack of understanding of this game.

Keep hurling insults, that usually happens when someone has nothing else.

you want me to comment on speculation that Mark may not start? seriously?

to confirm, Philip Rivers leading O to 7 pts in do or die game is good. Mark Sanchez leading his O to 24 and 27 pts in huge games is bad. Got it.

20. slimjasi

Sure, I'd love a preview . . . considering that is exactly what is going to happen. Can't wait.

I'll just repost. This was one of the many things you just ignored (what could you really write in retort?)

Also, do me a favor. Find me three people not related to Sanchez by blood who would take him over Rivers. Come back to us, junc.

Still waiting, junc.

(i.e. Do you honestly think any GM in the league would even consider taking Sanchez over Rivers?) Serious question.