Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

All of his arguments are Red herring arguments. How else could he conceivably argue the inarguable?

2. slimjasi

The only problem with this argument is our collapse started when Sanchez was still here (2012). In other words, we "sucked" with Sanchez still here.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yep, it was all his fault he had Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, rookie Stephen Hill to throw to as his top weapons. the stuff you guys post, you crack me up.

4. slimjasi

Right . . . because acknowledging that we sucked with Sanchez here in 2012 is the same as blaming him in entirety for us sucking in 2012. Another Red Herring, huh? You know, you wouldn't need so many of those if your position wasn't so baseless.

5. nyjunc

our talent was light years better in '14 than '12, it was a good amount better in '13 than '12. QB was awful in 2012 but no one would have succeeded w/ the healthy talent we had on O.

keep deflecting.

6. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I'm talking just in relation to the Redskins game only. Mark had the better team and therefor needed to find a way to win what was essentially a playoff game for the Eagles. "Either way he had a better team against a non-great team. Got to find a way to win." That's what you said about Russell Wilson after going on the road against the top seeded Falcons in the playoffs and putting up 385 passing yards, two touchdown passes, 60 yard rushing, 1 rushing td, rallying the team from down 27-7, leading his team to 28 points and giving his team the lead with 31 seconds left in the game. Of course his defense then blew it but according to you that's a game he had to find a way to win. Given those guidelines, I think it's fair to say that Mark had to find a way to win the Skins game.

The 1985er, alleycat9 and slimjasi like this.
  7. slimjasi

Even if I agreed with all of this(I don't), none of this changes the reality that you blatantly pretended I wrote X instead of Y.

So, what's your argument going to be next year when Mark is a backup again? Keep deflecting.

#3607 slimjasi, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  8. nyjunc

he did need to find a way and he failed but is it fair to expect him to have to lead his O to 30+ PPG?

I don't think I was ever anti-Wilson, I'd like to see the context of that quote.

the fact that you don't agree about the talent tells me all I need to know about you.

Is defelecting like deflecting?

9. BrucekilledBoomer

That's all I was looking for.

10. slimjasi

Another Red Herring :)

Good argument. Nice retort. Your argument really came together nicely there.

So, what's your argument going to be when Mark is a backup again next year?? Keep deflecting.

11. nyjunc

there is this notion from many that people think I think Mark is the perfect QB. Far from it, but he's also not the awful QB he is portrayed as on here. He is a QB you can win with provided you have the right talent around him. This year he had enough on O around him but the D folded after the Ryans injury.

12. slimjasi

Still waiting, junc.

13. BrucekilledBoomer

Also, I never said you were anti-Wilson. Just wanted to find out if you had different rules for different players. I'm glad you admitted that Sanchez had to win that Skins game and failed to do so.

As for the context, I don't have time to go back through several pages but it appears as if someone suggested that Wilson was much better than Sanchez and you took offense. "So their D has been better than our D and supposedly Wilson is so much better than Sanchez. How come they couldn't make a title game?" This was early 2013, a season in which the Seahawks would go on to win the Super Bowl.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...ks-all-sanchez-complaints-here.75036/page-860

14. slimjasi

Nonsense. Another Red Herring. You like to pretend that Mark is better than mediocre. . . and a lot of times, considerably better. And your tactic, which has already been exposed to an embarrassing degree, is to incessantly change the goal posts to make Mark look as decent as possible as often as possible. It's intellectually dishonest and transparently so. To make matters worse, you like to pretend that you are somehow particularly knowledgeable and/or plugged into the league, which makes it particularly fun to call you out on your bullshit.

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Can we at least change the title from "kicking ass" to "playing mediocre?"

He's a good guy and teammate. He's also made some pretty damn good throws this year on Philly. It's clear that having an offensive coach and system is benefiting him. Having said that he is still a turnover machine. He's turned the ball over more than Geno Smith. That needs to sink in.

phubbadaman, tbruner12 and slimjasi like this.
  16. slimjasi

He has played this same game with a plethora of quarterbacks who are obviously markedly (pun intended) better than Sanchez. The funniest of all was Phillip Rivers.

17. slimjasi

Those are statis . . . er, I mean "fantasy numbers." Those only matter to average fans. I actually watch the games. All that matters is wins . . . or is it points per game? I forget. Regardless, Mark is a quarterback you can win with. He's the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. Other than Rex Ryan.

[​IMG]

tbruner12 likes this.
  18. nyjunc

read the context of the quote though,

what I was saying was if he was so much better than Mark and their D so much better than ours(which it was) then why didn't they make the title game?

19. nyjunc

I love folks who love the overrated Rivers as once again his ultra talented team isn't in the playoffs but man did he put up nice fantasy #s!

Rivers leads O to 7 pts in biggest game of season and he's great, Mark leads his O to 27 and 24 pts and he sucks

20. slimjasi

And??? Neither is Sanchez's "ultra-talented" team (Neither team is ultra-talented, junk). And worse, unlike Rivers, he threw his team's season away with a classic, game-changing interception.

Also, do me a favor. Find me three people not related to Sanchez by blood who would take him over Rivers. Come back to us, junc.