Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Except, apparently, when they fail to paint Mark in a better light.

Right, when Mark's team loses, it's never his fault. No matter how many interceptions he has, no matter how critical his mistakes may have been within the context of the rest of the game. It's never him. But, when his team wins, he's always a primary reason. Got it. I now understand the logic of an elite fan. I promise.

2. slimjasi

It's so comical, because now the script is reversed. All of junc's old arguments are serving to expose Mark for the mediocre quarterback he really is. And, unfortunately for junc, there's no going back. He spent so much time desperately trying to convince people on this message board that Sanchez was good that we all remember his loony arguments, often in great detail.

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was 5-4 and faced a much tougher schedule than they did w/ Foles. they got beat by better teams. it happens. did he do all he could? Nope, he was far from perfect but elevated that offense and that's really all you could ask of him.

I always love when people don't have arguments and start making things up.

4. nyjunc

and they did more, almost a TD more per game w/ Mark at QB than w/ Foles and against a much tougher schedule.

5. slimjasi

Isn't this what you always write after one Sanchez's bad games? Aren't you tired of writing this? When are you going to catch a clue and join the rest of the planet?

6. nyjunc

it's comical for those that a)can't read b)don't read or c)don't understand what they are reading.

I don't need to convince anyone of anything, those that know the game understand and those that don't are slimjasi's.

7. nyjunc

when I join your team I know I have lost so that's not happening. I discuss reality. you guys want all or nothing, if I don't say he was awful I am a homer, if I say he was good it means to you that I am saying he was a great.

8. slimjasi

Somehow, you are the only one who can read, the only one can understand what he/she is reading, and the only one who thinks Sanchez isn't decidedly mediocre. Sounds like a fun world to live in.

9. slimjasi

Ahhh, and there it is. An explicit confession that it's all about not admitting defeat.

:)

10. nyjunc

I do read and I do understand what I read most of the time. sometimes I make mistakes but not often.

here is how it goes- if I defend Mark to you it means I am calling him great. that's your issue, I have never called Mark anything more than he is.

there's that reading comprehension again, if I agree w/ you that means I am on the losing side.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

and a lot of those extra points coming in junk time, padded stats. that argument works both ways you know. down by 10 points and throws a pick it's called junk time, therefore up by 10 points and throws a td it's also junk time. That's the problem with your logic line, it works both ways.

12. nyjunc

not really, the only real garbage time points came in the GB game.

at Hou:
    throws TD late to extend lead to 10, clearly not garbage time

Car: threw TD early in 4th in blowout, you want to take away that TD go ahead.

at GB: 2 TDs in garbage time

Ten: no TDs in 4th

at Dal: 3 pts in 4th qtr as they were running out clock

Sea: final TD brought them w/in 3, no GT

Dal: no GT pts

at Wash: no GT pts

at NYG: extended lead to 8 late

where are the padded stats? where are the garbage time #s you are alluding to?

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

the whole NYG game was a garbage time game....meant nothing. You hang your hat on wins losses, claim he did better than Foles because Sanchez had a tougher schedule. The fact remains against good teams he was 1-3, when the spotlight was on, when the pressure was on and they had to win he lost to the redskins (bear in mind for me wins and losses are a team stat not a QB stat, but since you hang your hat on that)....

Since you now are hanging on to 'fantasy' stats he was average in every category when given the best of offensive circumstances. well okay, he wasn't average in one set of categories, 14 TD 11 Picks, 7 fumbles...he led the league over the time he was staring in those last two categories....same as all but one year of his career he was a turnover machine. He's a backup QB at best.

tbruner12 likes this.
  14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The bottom line is that with the game and season on the line, against a terrible team, Mark Sanchez threw the season away with a really stupid pick. If times like that are what define a QB then he failed miserably.

Poeman and slimjasi like this.
  15. nyjunc

I agree with you, he played well vs. NYG but it was meaningless.

against playoff bound teams he was 2-3.

what fantasy stats was I discussing?

16. nyjunc

it should have been ruled an incomplete pass but either way bad throw but he did bring his team back from 10 down on the road in the 4th qtr.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Does he get a cookie for that?

18. nyjunc

no, he and the team failed but you guys are acting like he is Ryan Lindley.

19. slimjasi

Nice try, but what you were implicitly admitting is that it's all about winning and losing an argument with you.

It's going to be really funny when Mark isn't the starting quarterback in Philly next year. Before Foles got hurt, the argument was that Chip Kelly was an elite offensive coach who recognized the value in Sanchez, and as result, made him a "priority" in the off-season. Now that Sanchez got his opportunity and supposedly outplayed Foles, it's going to be funny to hear you explain why Kelly opted against starting Mark next year. (If, he's even on the team, that is)

Just a heads up junc, you may want to start scripting your convoluted excuse now, because that is exactly what is going to happen.

Poeman and tbruner12 like this.
  20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Funny how it was always just about winning when Sanchez rode the coat tails of the Jets defense. Now it's about something else.

BeastBeach and slimjasi like this.