Detroit got hosed

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by no psls, Jan 4, 2015.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Man the NFL has got some explaining to do. I had dallas winning, but idk something seemed fishy as fuck about the way that game played out. First off I seen ZERO coverage for Detroit coming into this game it was ALL ABOUT DALLAS. 2nd Cowboys o-line got away with holding ALL game it was so blatant it wasn't even funny. Then that pass interference call, hitchens did SOOO many things wrong, I also find it funny how that play isn't being blown up all over espn & NFL network, they just dismissed it. Then the following play was a 10 yrd punt. Now we're at Dallas getting a few more really strange calls in their favor on their way to a TD, and a Detroit team playing with ZERO urgency. You telling me that offense that was shredding dallas to pieces 1st half just decides to go pillow soft and not even attempt to throw the ball pass the 1st?! The LIONS, STAFFORD, with the season on the line.. Says fuck being vertical we going left and right throwing short passes?! Come on.. How did Detroit just quit like that while winning? No way.

Now there's tmz pics with the head of NFL officials stepping off the Cowboys private bus?! Lol.. Ok..?

Why is there a Twitter page called "NFL corruption" that tweeted what every single teams record would be this year perfectly on July 14th? Check it out yourself, I love this game and I pray to God it's not fixed.. But my god, we need answers

#21 JetLifeLo, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The government did it

3. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

That was a complete and utter fucking robbery. Plain and simple. You have the call/no call, Dez Bryant flying onto the field without a helmet to yell at the refs, no flag, blatant holds on Dallas' offense that were never called. This game was disgusting to watch and an embarrassment.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The calls just evened out.

The lions got away with running into the Pinter. Witten got called for a bad holding call on the Demarco TD run. Terrance Williams was pushed into a defender and called for offensive PI.

I don't think that was PI dallas. But the ref cannot pick it up with no explanation.

74 likes this.
  5. JetLifeLo

Lol hitchens did the same thing kyle Wilson does to get the same penalty over & over. Guess when the fix is in for us we'll get away with it

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it was one of the worst calls I have veer seen, obvious PI and they make the correct call, announce it then a minute later pick it up. Just awful but Detroit didn't make plays down the stretch, they were gutless not going for that 4th and 1 and they couldn't get a stop on D then had more than enough time and Stafford choked yet again.

NY Jets68 and JetLifeLo like this.
  7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

only the OPI call was bad, the others were correct.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Kyle Wilson has a potential career resurrection waiting for him in Dallas

Red Menace likes this.
  9. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Google is your friend. Use it.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well. All I can say is I hope Packers will mop the floor with this America's team.

Diabolical_Jet_Fan likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

For??

12. JetLifeLo

I don't even feel like he choked, I feel like he stopped playing. I called a stafford turnover that last drive bc that game just seemed so fixed. Dallas also should have been hit with at LEAST 6 holding calls. The acting on that last drive was horrible lmao. Im trying to convince myself im just over reacting BC the NFL is the new WWE to me right now.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It wasn't great coverage. Face-guarding is explicitly considered PI in the NFL rulebook. However, again, that wasn't the issue. The issue was that they picked up the flag after an extended delay. They just can't do that. It looks suspicious and is very unsettling.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Totally agree Detroit got hosed on that PI call being picked up. I can't recall that happening in a situation like that, and there were a number of other calls/non-calls that were in Dallas's favor, too. Guess the NFL really wanted that Dallas v. Green Bay matchup.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Bad non-call but this call didn't keep Detroit from winning. There was 8 minutes left in the game and they chose not to go for it on 4th and 1 and the D couldn't stop Dallas

NY Jets68 and cgrec like this.
  16. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

One of the worst ref sequences I've seen in a while.

Blandino and the NFL will back the incompetence and the NFL machine will roll on.

Nothing to see here.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Face guarding isn't a penalty in the NFL anymore. It was still PI though and a ridiculous sequence of events. Hopefully this helps lead to being able to challenge anything including penalties.

RuJFan and 74 like this.
  18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Sports fans deserve better than this.

Brook! likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why so they can spend 5 minutes and come out of the booth with "the ruling on the field- stands" ?

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It seems you're suggesting this would lengthen games? I don't see how it would if the number of allowed challenges remained the same. Seems pretty obvious a replay would have got at the very least a defensive holding call, but more likely a pass interference call there.

BeastBeach likes this.