Poll: Who do you want as head coach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Truth4U2, Jan 3, 2015.

?

Who do you want as our next head coach?

Poll closed Jan 24, 2015.
  1. Doug Marrone

12.3%
  2. Dan Quinn

47.5%
  3. Tom Cable

2.0%
  4. Todd Bowles

6.4%
  5. Frank Reich

7.8%
  6. Gary Kubiak

13.7%
  7. Somebody else (please specify)

10.3%
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

that's true. he's also made a lot of RBs look really good.

we'd need a G and T, but i wanted to upgrade there anyway. Brick and Mangold are versatile i agree.
    Winters and Aboushi haven't impressed me. maybe a change in scheme would actually suit them. Dozier is an unknown.
    it may not be that far fetched to achieve quickly.
    Franklin as the G in FA, and 1st round pick spent on T. i'd be ok with that.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think Marrone's the best choice but even though Cable is being trashed I'd have no problem with his selection. He could the best of the lot: as head coach.

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

At first I liked Marrone because of his experience coaching Oline since I believe thats what wins championships but ended up voting for Quinn once I did some research and realized after two years the Bills had a very pedestrian run game and pass protection.

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

At this moment I would rank the candidates as:
    1. Dan Quinn
    2. Doug Marrone
    3. Frank Reich

All three have connections if briefly to the Jets. I always said we needed an offensive minded HC, but if the new HC has any idea about the offensive side of the ball it would be an improvement over Rex. the biggest thing I want is true competition at all positions and another option at QB I think if given the same opportunities, Simms would even be better than Smith.

Coaches are based on the QB and how they take you, so I would trade for Glennon since Mariota is out of reach. STAY AWAY FROM WINSTON!

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

After thinking about this for a bit, If the above list is all we have to choose from, I would choose kubiak, he has done a good job on the offensive side of the ball, I'm guessing he would do a good job of hiring the right guy to take over the defense.

DM scares me because I'm afraid that Hackett will come along as our OC and I cant take another 3 years of terrible playcalling.

Quinn is just the trendy coordinator, how do we know if he can manage all 3 aspects of a team the way they should be run? I don't want a repeat of Rex.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

just throwing it out there, but Kubiak could bring Wade Phillips back as the DC.
    i wouldn't mind that combo. but please, no Wide 9 Wade, utilize the 3-4 talent we have.

want no part of Marrone or Cable.

I'm thinking Shanahan or Kubiak, if we want experience.
    Quinn or Bowles, if they think either of these guys are legit, not just coordinators coaching good current talent pools.

the more important hire is the GM in my opinion, and none of these coaches are worth signing before the GM.
    Let the GM be a part of the hiring process, even if the coach won't directly report to them. need to be cohesive.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Everything is pointing to Marrone being coach

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Any news on this guys interview today?

9. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

It's tomorrow

@AdamSchefter: Doug Marrone arrives in NJ later today for Sunday's scheduled interview with Jets. Marrone scheduled to meet Monday with Falcons.

10. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

If we want to go offense, why not Josh McDaniels? We could get back at NE for stealing Revis from us! :cool:

11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think Bowles is a much better coordinator. Needs less and is much more creative IMO.

12. Truth4U2

Watching the Panthers game has reminded me of Sean McDermott....his defenses have been great! I'd bring him in for an interview when Carolina gets eliminated.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Kubiak would be a nice higher. The offenses he's a part of are always good. Thats an important thing for a HC, the side of the ball they coach performs well.

I liked the idea of Marrone but after researching his teams a little more closely i'm not hit for him anymore. Kubiak would be my guy.

14. Truth4U2

Kubiak failed as HC of the Texans, he never got them over the hump despite a ton of talent. Sorry, but he would be a disaster.

15. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Yeah but he had a 1337 qb in Elway. We don't have an Elway.

16. OverloadBlitz

Ok did the Falcons meet the rooney rule yet?

17. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Yeah Teryl Austin from Detroit. My dream scenario would be for them to hire Marrone on the spot so we can't.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  18. OverloadBlitz

I think they're going defense like a Rex or Quinn kind of guy, they had a terrible defense last year and need a spark there.

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Quinn first, Bowles second.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He would not be a disaster. Define fail? To me failing is someone like Lane Kiffin, Chan Gailey in Buffalo, those are failure.

Kubiak didnt get his team over the hump. But he didnt fail. He did a nice job. Calling him a disaster isn't fair. Won a division title, won a couple playoff games. There is potential there. There is a much better chance of a guy like Doug Marrone being a disaster then Kubiak.