Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

LMFAO they are 26th in total D and 26th in scoring D. Essentially one of the very worst defenses in all of football.

And what "name" talent would he have here anyway? A couple of very good DTs and who else? Get a clue.

2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Shouldn't they hire a GM 1st?!

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Hope we get Quinn... I feel like we just need a defensive minded coach more than an offensive. I think our offensive pieces are there we just need a QB and lineman via free agency which can get got day 1. We need a coach that can better utilize our pieces on O. Without rex's exotic schemes i'm not so sure how our defense would hold up regardless of all the 1st round picks we have out there. Quinn can work with Allen and Pryor at safety & Demario on the inside i believe. SIGN THIS BEAST! BUTTT Why are we looking at coaches before GM's again??

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think we should go after somebody, ANYBODY, who has had experience as a head coach. I don't care if it is at North Dakota School of Graphic Arts. The difference between coaching a whole program and coordinating a game plan is huge. I am not Wooden but I know that.

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I don't want a Malzahn or Brian Kelly who have never sniffed an NFL locker room.
    If it is college head coach, he needs to have had some prior NFL experience.
    The Jimmy Johnson's of the world are few and far between. We'll see how long Chip Kelly can manage but indications right now are questionable.

6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Depends on which coach for me. If we could get a top guy then sure but I want nothing to do with guys like Doug Marrone the Bills got a couple years back.

7. DoubleDecker87

I agree. Doesn't mean we shouldn't pursue the top coordinators available though.

8. pdxdrew

It makes me wonder if the Jets have a better shot at Quinn than SF. The Niners already have a set QB and a GM that
    has already shown he is pushy. With the Jets he gets a lot more input on replacement players and who the GM is. Just
    a thought.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm sure we can all agree on one thing. No matter who we get, even if is the KING OF NFL coaches himself, at least 37% of the Jet fans will find something wrong and be unhappy before he even starts his job. It seems every poll made on the subject has us 63-37% about coaching, GMs, leadership et all.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah I hear ya on that. I think Sumlins a reach but I would take him...

11. pdxdrew

One thing are overrating is the "idea" that good college coaches are better at judging talent than NFL ones. Carroll, Saban, Gus Malzhan were able to
    recruit the best talent in the country. Chip Kelly is a little different but he still knows talent. We may want to look at college coaches at smaller schools
    who worked with less talent (es. ones with good QB's.)

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

@IanRapaport
    The #Jets will have their first head coach interview Friday in Seattle with #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, source says

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Hopefully we will have the GM in place before that interview takes place.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's the idea from what I'm reading right now.

15. DoubleDecker87

You are absolutely right. It's easy to win at Alabama when you have 4 5 star guys at every position. Schools like Stanford with Harbaugh, Hamilton, Shaw, ect are guys I'd rather have honestly. Not that Saban isn't a good coach but look at what he to work with.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So people that are so dead against Mora because of his early NFL demise, but yet successful as a College coach make me wonder.....the very same could be said for Pete Carroll. And oh by the way, to add insult to injury Pete has a great Defensive background....but hell we wouldn't want anyone like that, either.

johnny likes this.
  17. PapaBurr

PapaBurr Member

I kind of like the idea of them wanting to interview Seattles director of personnel for the GM job because clearly he has an eye for talent. Kirchner along with Quinn would mean great cohesion between head coach and GM, something we haven't had in a while.. I like the way they are starting to think.

18. DoubleDecker87

I'm not positive but I think Sumlin just signed on long term but he would intruiging. I'd personally take a look at Shaw from Stanford, Miles from LSU, and Malzahn from Auburn.

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The thing about Harbaugh is though he had NFL experience as a player and coach, then got the HC experience in college.

I can see a guy like Malzahn, who I think is a great college coach having difficulty garnering respect in an NFL locker room.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OMG!! You are so clueless.