Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Just based on your opinion of the candidates suggested, who is your ideal (albeit realistic) candidate, GoldenShowers?

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Considering he just said he wanted Woody to contact Harbaugh, who was under contract until about 6 PM last night, before he went and agreed to sign with Michigan should tell you all you need to know about how unrealistic this guys expectations are.

Axel3419 likes this.
  3. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

They were the number 1 scoring defense in 2012. Number 4 total D. Bobby Wagner was a rookie, he's now a 3rd year all pro, and Cliff Avril was added in 2013. Maxwell is a better cover guy than Browner was. Sherman was in his 2nd season. Michael Bennett, who is probably right now their best DL, wasn't on the team.

Read up on Seattle's D. It's Pete's system. The guys just grew up in it. Dan Quinn is an excellent coach. But his resume is not much better than his predecessors who not only has sucked in Jville, but his defenses have been awful.

Oh, and their secondary has 3 pro bowl players in it. Ours barely features practice squad players. Good luck running Cover 3 all game with our secondary and pass rush.

4. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

Kyle Shanahan anyone? He has some good genes and is kinda innovative....

Would rather have his Dad or another proven coach.

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I don't think the jets will hire a HC before a GM. Woody did mention that could happen but I think he was mainly saying that for a guy like Harbaugh. If woody doesn't see the importance of hiring a gm first then hopefully casserly and wolf will.

Also there is not a lot of competition out there. 3 competing head coaching vacancies to fill is much less competition than past years and one of those teams also is looking for a gm so they are in the same boat we are. We need to move quick though so we get our guy.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. GoldenShowers

My list would eliminate anyone who has never been a head coach at any level before.

We have not hired a legit HC with any HC experience since 1997. It's long overdue.

I swear some of you must get burned a lot b/c you don't seem to learn your lesson well.

7. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

Requested to interview Trent Kirchner (right hand man of the SEA GM)

Any thoughts?

8. GoldenShowers

Of course they did. So you are saying you expect Quinn to be Rex? How'd that work out?

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Actually you are 100% wrong about this (and I can prove it with stats, I proved it last year), Gase did create an offense that Peyton had never played in and he also got more out of Peyton than anyone ever has.

But as a head coaching canidate I do not want him. Guys like Mcdaniels, Philbin, Mccoy who were behind guys like Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers have gone on to do nothing as a head coach. Its one thing to operate an offense with a great QB, its another to coach offense, defense, and special teams, and hold responsibilities.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Don't give me college HC bullshit -- NFL experience is much more important then just being a HC.

So your list of previous NFL HC includes:

Jim Mora Jr.
    Mike Smith
    Marc Trestman
    Tony Sparano

Anyone else?? Norv Turner, Shanahan?

Hint the guys who have experience and are good have jobs or they don't want to coach anymore.

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Being talked about in the GM thread but this could be relavant with bringing Quinn with him.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And I want Kevin Sumlin....

almbleamal likes this.
  13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And bring in Idzik as his money guy....jk

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

No - I am pointing out how people give Rex credit like he was the Ravens DC when they won the Superbowl and he is some genius.
    The Ravens defense was good before he got there and still good after he left. Which was the point you were trying to make about Quinn to discredit him.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You need to watch more Jacksonville games. Their defense is pretty good despite being composed of a bunch of no names.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Would someone tell me what the appeal of Dan Quinn is? Did the pixies sprinkle magic dust on him or something?

TNJet likes this.
  17. GoldenShowers

Nick Saban, Mark Dantonio, Mora, Brian Kelly, and Art Briles all know significantly more about running a team and evaluating players than some 3rd year 40 year old coordinator. All you people who want to be like Seattle don't realize that what made Seattle is their HC is also the head of all personnel decisions, and his experience in college helped him learn how to identify great players. Most of their roster is from the PAC-12, and it's not a coincidence. A college coach would be perfect considering this team has no QB, no talent at multiple positions, and no system in place.

Not sure if you realize this, but we aren't some "genius scheme" away from a Superbowl. There are no genius schemes. Mike McCarthy isn't some master. His teams couldn't win a game last year without Rodgers. We need a true team builder in here.

LIJetsFan and jonnyd like this.
  18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Good pass rushing team, can't stop the run worth a shit though they got better later in the season.

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Seattle has a great defense sure they have great players much like Gase does with Denvers offense but he sure does know how to use them.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Id rather a head coach from college than coordinator.

GoldenShowers likes this.