Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he's never had top 5 talent at any position except maybe C and LT. Actually McCoy is a top 5 talent, he just didn't play like it this year.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yeah, and you're using that as a crutch for Sanchez.

He had McCoy, but since McCoy wasn't elite this year, I guess that explains why Sanchez led the league in turnovers since being handed the starting role after Foles went down.

tbruner12 and slimjasi like this.
  3. nyjunc

I am not using it as a crutch, he played really well for Philly. he was far from perfect but to act like he was awful shows a lack of understanding of this game.

McCoy was not 2013 McCoy, not for Sanchez or Foles. he had a few 2013 type games but overall wasn't close to 2013.

Mark made that offense better, that is more than Philly fans could have asked for.

4. The Uniform Bomber

"Better" than what?

5. nyjunc

better than it was by 5 PPG better against a tougher schedule. If people expected him to carry a team on his back they were mistaken and that is their issue. He's not Tom Brady who is probably the only QB that can carry a team on his back(w/ Rodgers). Mark is a solid QB who you can win with but he needs help, he got it offensively, he didn't defensively and that cost them. The big injury for Philly was not Nick Foles it was DeMeco Ryans.

6. Flyeagles

Flyeagles New Member

How the hell did sanchez lead them back against Dallas? Did Sanchez turn a short pass into a 60 yard run to the one? Did Sanchez cause a Dallas turnover? Did Sanchez than run the ball the next possession every play for a touchdown? I tell you what he did do after the team bailed him out and gave him the lead, he proceeded to do what he does best. Turn it over.

Holy crap, I know every fanbase has its super homers and fanboys and here it's no exception but I gotta believe most jets fans are reasonable and don't want Sanchez back even knowing geno isn't the answer.

Philly has its homers too but there aren't any Sanchez homers in philly land. I can tell you that. Everyone wants him gone. He'll be a backup next year cause that's all he is.

74 and tbruner12 like this.
  7. nyjunc

no he just threw a perfect pass that enabled that 60 yd run.

they were down 21-0, outside of the TO where they ran it in he led them back to the 24-21 lead and then the D immediately allowed a long drive to give the lead back- that was the biggest drive of your season.

intelligent Jet fans would want Sanchez back just as intelligent Eagle fans know what their issues were this year.

offense PPG under Mark: 27 PPG
    offense PPG under Foles: 22 PPG
    defense PPG allowed in games w/ Mark: 25.5 PPG
    defense PPG allowed in games w/Foles: 21.3 PPG

I wonder why they lost more games? against a MUCH tougher sched no less.

8. Flyeagles

Flyeagles New Member

Is this guy for real? Please tell me he's not for real? Everyones being trolled right?

74, alleycat9 and Jake like this.
  9. Flyeagles

Flyeagles New Member

Lol. What are you watching? The pass had nothing to do with the run. It was a simple pass to a wide open receiver near the side line. The cowboy defender took a terrible angle and maclin juked him and his speed and running ability allowed the long gain. Than the defense and running game gave them the lead. How was that Sanchez giving them the lead? The only thing Sanchez did afterwards is turn it over.

Holy crap. Please tell me this guy is just messing with me. Stupid me for falling for his trolling. Noones that big a fanboy to see that. Lol. You got me. Good job.

tbruner12 and Jake like this.
  10. nyjunc

we are being trolled by a fake eagle fan who shows up now.

11. nyjunc

a simple pass? do you watch football? the pass was as perfect as could be beating the defender and there was no one near him after that.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What are you referencing? Is this from a past thread/debate?

13. The Uniform Bomber

I just want to hear someone justify his turnovers. You can't say he's "young" and "inexperienced" anymore.

But you can say that he STILL makes boneheaded mistakes that young and inexperienced guys make.

I guess if you enjoy mediocrity, then Sanchez is your guy. But he ain't the guy I want leading my team. I'm not very satisfied with mediocrity and turnovers the way some people are.

14. nyjunc

he turns it over too much, that is part of who he is. that's why he will never be a top QB in this league. were you guys expecting HOF caliber QB play when he came in? the guy makes mistakes, most QBs do. Most of his TOs didn't hurt the team, a few did but if teammates played better maybe they wouldn't have? a QB against an awful team like Washington should never need to throw it 50 times. you throw it that much bad things can happen, I still believe it was a bad call but it was a bad pass and he got burned. Did that mean the D had to allow Wash to run the clock out and kick a chip shot to win it? can they step up just once?

15. The Uniform Bomber

Sounds like you're trying to say it's either a HoF Qb or Sanchez, with nothing in between.

How about a good Qb who doesn't lead the league in turnovers when he enters the starting lineup halfway through the season? I guess that's too much to ask.

Yeah, other Qbs make mistakes. But, clearly, they don't make as many as Sanchez.

He's mediocre. Some fans want more than that out of their Qb. Some don't.

slimjasi likes this.
  16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Junk is afraid of change and has hard time admitting he was wrong. The combo leads to him continuously sticking to a blatantly losing propositions and defending it despite mountain of evidence to contrary. Trying to convince him of anything is absolutely fruitless, but mildly entertaining exercise.
    Btw, I guarantee he is on one of the Eagles boards defending Sanchez. If you frequent those boards, you'll spot him.

alleycat9 and slimjasi like this.
  17. Flyeagles

Flyeagles New Member

That's an insult to mediocre starting qbs. Mediocre qbs aren't signed to one year backup deals. Mediocre starting qbs aren't gonna be a backup next year. If you're a middle of the road qb, teams will sign you to start on multiple year deals. Alex smith is around the 15 mark in ranking qbs. That's mediocre. Think how fast every team would take him over Sanchez if both were available.

Defense bailed him out against Dallas setting up the go ahead score which had nothing to do with Sanchez. Sanchez blows it. Sanchez gets the ball around midfield to win the game against Washington and he throws a terrible pick. Did I mention how awful he was against greenbay and seattle? Good riddance.

18. Flyeagles

Flyeagles New Member

Maybe. There was one nutty Sanchez fan who was obviously not an Eagles fan. Guess every fanbase has their nut jobs.

Hopefully you guys are able to move up and get one of the two Qbs. I'm guessing besides the super fanboys squad you don't want marky Mark back. Lol

JetsNation06 and slimjasi like this.
  19. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Junc has done this for years. He defended Herman Edwards, then Brian Schottenheimer, now Sanchez. It will likely move to Rex afterwards, but some people still support him, so he wouldn't be a one man troll train, which is what he wants.

#3479 phubbadaman, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    74 and alleycat9 like this.
  20. The Uniform Bomber

QFT.

It'll be very entertaining when Junc adjusts his crusade's mission to that of defending Rex.

When Junc constantly defended Sanchez in the past, I recall him placing a lot of blame on Rex and "his overrated Defenses," which, according to Junc, were the reasons we lost.

Once Rex is gone, I guess he'll revise his stance on all of that, too.

The entertaining part will come when he tries to defend both simultaneously.