4th and Inches!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Throw it away how? First he was in the pocket. Second he didn't have time to throw it away. So if he tried to throw it away and fumble it all you people would say he should had taken a sack.

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Has that dipshit ever called a protection in the NFL?

Jets69 and Jake like this.
  3. Geno007

The protection was fine if Powell would had did his job. Powell should had taken the inside man and the tackle took outside man.

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Powell is our best pass blocker easily at RB,.we have no idea exactly who was supposed to block who on that play but protection wise it was a disaster from the start, he was in shotgun with 2 LBers standing up next to a 2 tackle look(double A gap pressure look), when you see something like that you need to have 2 receivers attacking the gap where the backers are blitzing(crossing route) in case its an all out blitz and throw in an outside post on the Browner side in case its a zone look.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I don't blame Rex for challenging that play. It was crucial and the game hinged on it. When the ref 'gave' NE the first down, Rex had every right to challenge the actual spot of the ball, which seemed to have been placed in NE's favor by a half yard to begin with (no surprise there).

I don't think NE goes for it. If they fail to convert it's too close for the Jets who only needed a FG to win. Belicheat kicks is deep and hopes Geno implodes.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He lost the game for the Jets the day he was drafted,Him and Idzik need to share a suitcase on there way out of town

Jets69 and FlaJet like this.
  7. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

I retired from my own business at 49 with enough money to last 2 more lifetimes.
    Keep delivering the morning newspapers on a bicycle, sonny.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Are you high?

Snoopdogg and rammagen like this.
  9. Geno007

Not at all. I'm not saying Geno is the answer for this team but to give up on him after just 2 years is dumb. People want to defend Idzik and said he only had 2 years but then they want to get rid of Geno after 2. I'm not saying make him the starter next season, bring someone in and let them battle it out.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you all sound like a bunch of cunts with the they would have gotten anyway bullshit. have at least a little bit of faith and stop being such nancies.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno hasn't shown anything more than flashes of NFL ability at this point. He's already had about 10 starts more than he should have, largely a result of the Jets poor options at QB. Could he turn it around at this point? Probably, but the odds are 100-1 against him and the NFL isn't a competition that rewards teams that go after long shots on a consistent basis.

The time to make the case as a starter in the NFL was during the 28 starts Geno has had in 2013 and 2014. The Jets are 10-18 in those starts and Geno has 22 TD passes and 40 turnovers in those 28 games. That's just not an NFL QB at this point, it's not even close.

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Geno caught the fucking snap off his shoulder pads. The play was a disaster all together. All te play calling was bad after the Brady interception, but the 3rd down call should have been a run.

I don't know if MM is watching the game or just set in a structured attack that he can't make adjustments to. Ivory was getting the edge all game, don't know how OC wouldn't see that..?

13. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

again with the defense of Geno he sucks he is not even a number two in this league. Now it is someone elses fault he sucks Powell and Brick. I have already proved this to you but you are still here saying Geno needs a chance. geno needs to be shown the door he single handedly cost this team more games then coaching. everyone must go Geno the livving turn over, rex and idzik. The said part is rex was set up for failure by the gm for force the living turn over on him

14. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

No jsut a geno defender he actually tried to comapre him to Peyton when I asked for another qb that threw that many interceptions in two yrs but forgot to say he thre for less then half of the tds and 8 pick 6s.
    #genosucks

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Joke call however another indictment of Wrecks, you weren't going to win that challenge and especially after you wasted another timeout, you couldn't risk wasting another timeout, which you desperately needed at the end of the game

16. Geno007

OK you have your opinion I have mine.

Br4d likes this.
  17. Geno007

I answer the question then u bought up all the other shit. All u ask was to name another QB who threw that many int's and when I proved to u a great one has u bring up his TD and Geno pick 6s. The TD's and pick 6s had nothing to do with your question.

18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Teams lose because of the QB and other reasons. I really think Geno can be a good QB. What he needs is a Coach who knows the position and game plans to his strengths. I watch the Red Zone on Sunday and the amount of QB mess ups by experienced guys is on display every week. Any young QB coming to a Rex Ryan team would have trouble. Rex doesn't trust therefore he insists on running the ball. Sometimes it's good but mostly it puts the QB in third and eight.
    Running Connor on 2nd down in the red-zone was an example. It left them third and long with a blitz coming which Geno couldn't avoid. I hope the next coach knows QBs and can evaluate the position short and long term. I really believe that they are not far away from being a playoff team. With proper leadership and someone who understands that the NFL is an offensive league they can improve rapidly.

The 1985er likes this.
  19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

HB screen there would have been perfect easy pass to make and with the blitz coming New England would have fell right into the trap. Having Geno sitting back in shotgun, not even ready for the snap was just the worst possible designed play they could have come up with, down and distance wise, late in the 4th quarter with a chance to take the lead and defense pitching a gem. Geno wasn't even ready for the snap, it was just an awful, awful, awful play call.

Yesterday's loss 100% on the coaches.

20. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I believe the last link in the orange chain is the first down spot. Am I wrong? If so, this was infact a first down even if the spot was horrible.