4th and Inches!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The ref signaled that it was a first down, his biggest mistake was not turning on his microphone and letting everybody know, but it was obvious he signaled first down. If I'm not mistaken the chains are the determining factor not the actual marker they are attached to.

The offense put up one TD again, that's why the jets are 3-12, not because of the refs.

slimjasi and Vida like this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

1-212-450-2000

This is the nfl offices phone number. I just tried to call them to bitch about the refs but their closed at the moment.

3. Vida

Vida Active Member

Geno taking sacks on 3rd down to move us out of FG range doesn't help either

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

How much you bet Rex gets fined for opening his big mouth at the post game press con?

5. Play Like A Jet

It was obvious that he signaled first down? Even the chain gang set up like it was 4th and inches... Any time you walk away from the measurement and signal first down 10-15 seconds thereafter, it's hardly obvious...

tiger8mush and alleycat9 like this.
  6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Running John Connor on second down. Does Rex want to win or just keep it close? Marty's call but Rex's philosophy.

7. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I was at the game and even the announcers/big board said it was a 4th down play before the challenge. They even showed the red 4th down line.

tiger8mush likes this.
  8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Running John Connor on second down. Does Rex want to win or just keep it close? Marty's call but Rex's philosophy.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The refs did not cost the jets the game, it was Genos inability to play QB in this league, the jets putting up 1 TD in 4 RZ opportunities. It's not rocket science.

freemantoon, Br4d and Vida like this.
  10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

We lost the game on the previous possession when Geno was sacked for a ten yard loss on 3rd down inside the NE 30 yard line.

When you pick off Brady at the 29 yard line and you come away with zero points . . . you generally lose

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That bullshit. First Geno lost the game because of his int but there was nothing he could do about the sack. Powell blew his block.

12. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

It was Powell who blew his block nothing Geno could do. Plus the FG was tipped at the line.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to imply I was blaming Geno (Although, I think he has to know not to take a sack under any circumstances there and I certainly didn't mean to imply I was blaming Folk.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter it really doesn't lol,all hope has been lost since week 3

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Oh please ....regardless if it was his fault he still belongs in the Antarctica Football League as a solid number 2

IDFjet and Red Menace like this.
  16. grumpynyjetsfaninME

Only the pats have to make it 9 yards for a first down

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This, the angle is straight, if you look at it if the chain were straight it actually looks like it might be a first.

18. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

"Geno Smith has been intercepted on 4.4 pct of his career pass attempts, the highest rate in the NFL since he joined the league."

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I did not understand the challenge even though Rex was right. Everyone knew BB would go for it if Rex won the challenge. And they would have been able to get an inch. Rex had already blown one timeout. Ah well, bye bye Rex. Does this D ever hold late?

20. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

1) The television view was from an angle, but you can't see the actual sideline to sideline view.
    2) On a 4th and 1, Brady could have fallen over the line to get the 1st down so the 1st down call here made no difference.
    3) If anyone in the world believed it was conclusive enough for the call to be overturned you have to be kidding.
    4) THE REAL SCREWUP WAS RISKING LOSING A TIMEOUT IF YOU THINK THEY'RE GOING TO OVERTURN A CALL FOR A 1/2 INCH.
    5) Risking losing a timeout for that, proved Ryan has no business as a head coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6) That's the dumbest call I've seen a coach make in a long time.
    7) With only a 1 point lead that loss of timeout, lost the ability to stop the clock at the end and get the ball back, wow, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Some of you people need to change sports, because you don't understand this one.