How Big of a Turnaround Can the Jets Have in 2015?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 15, 2014.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Linebacker position is becoming a concern now too. Harris has been a great member of the Jets for me to watch. I like his nose for the ball carrier, delivering hits and leadership on the field. Him and Pace are starting to reach the twilight

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yeah I think him and Pace can easily be replaced. But I dont think its as pressing a concern as the other 3. It's definitely getting up there though.

3. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Need many new pieces, if we go the way of drafting some qb and letting him stink up the field for 2 years to develop. We are in trouble. If the O line is revamped successfully, and we bring in a veteran QB to hand the ball off and throw off of PA. I can see us being a .500 team. I think we are 3-5 years from making the playoffs again. We are not in a good place right now. Its going to get worse before it gets better, with the leadership we have in place

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

3-5 years is a bit to much. Things can quickly change year to year. I don't think the Jets are a playoff team next year, but they can certainly be in the playoffs in 2016.

Also the owners are set to vote for a 7th playoff seed which will get voted yes because we may be looking at 10 and 11 win teams missing the playoffs this year. Perfect timing considering most years you don't see an 11 win team not get in.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great responses so far. Thanks guys. I agree with most that is really just depends on what moves are made. No reason to be as down as mezz or as high as someone thinking they can win the AFC East next year. As always, it should be an interesting offseason for the Jets.

mezzavo likes this.
  6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

It is what it is...I just happen to know that until we have better talent evaluators and leadership all this talk is much ado about nothing. We can not go another draft and walk away with, literally, only 1 or 2 actual roster making players...especially with 12 picks. 12 picks should have resulted in, no less, than 8 actual team making players...ESPECIALLY considering how low our talent level is. If John Idzik's "Mantra" is to build through the draft then 85% of your draft HAS to "stick" on the roster. No one is asking for pro bowl players in the 3rd - 7th rounds...but special teams players and solid depth is an absolute must!

I'm not sure how many picks we will end up having this coming year (I know we are down one thanks to the Harvin fiasco) but whomever is running this show has to have at LEAST 4...if not more...show up on the opening day roster in some form or fashion. Now THAT is the reality of things. Regardless if we get a QB this year or not.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. That is one of many reasons why Idzik deserves to be fired. Will it happen? I don't know.

8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Vick sucks. A waste of a roster spot. When his number was called he was unprepared and shat the bed.

Yes, the Eagles are better at OL and skill positions. But alot of that is because of Chip Kelly's system. Their OL has given up half as many sacks and QB hits as the Jets, but the quick pace of the Eagle offense slows down the pass rush and how quickly the QB is supposed to read the D and get the ball in the air shortens the OL time to pass protect. As for skill positions, I think the WR's are a push, and the TE's and RB's the Eagles have the edge. But its not a major edge as Ivory and Amaro are pretty good.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Well Oakland being in the AFC west their SoS will be fairly high. Let's hope our division wins the rest of the way

10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

if we are lucky we will be 6 to 8 win team next year. We have to many pieces to replace. This is a 3-5 year rebuild process, with the current state of affairs. Also depending on what coach Woody and Idzik hires. If its a rookie coach with no experence, 3-5, a good proven guy who can fix the offense 2-4 years. I'm going to guess 4 years until we are back in the playoffs. We are due for a good loosing streak with Woody. With the last 2 drafts baring 2 starters. We are far behind, in talent.

At least the tickets will stay cheap.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'll go as far as to say even if Geno starts all of next year, a new HC/OC could bring this team to 6-8 wins and a normal draft/offseason.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Haven't we suffered enough already watching this guy play?

Big Blocker likes this.
  13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It's one year. The players not producing in 2014 means that they won't eventually produce? IK quietly had a solid game against the Titans and he was our 6th round pick. Reilly has been a solid special teams player. Dozier is a developing oline man and could be next years Aboushi. Mcdougle, Evans and Enunwa are both guys that are inactive/on the practice squad. Amaro has been solid and is the leading rookie in receptions at his position. Pryor after a slow start has been solid these last few games.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Not sure but I think if we are lucky 6-10 is def an option

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I like Geno and I hope he eventually gets his act together. I'm okay with him starting just as long as he earns it in a competition.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  16. Gang Greener

Gang Greener Member

This isn't the NFL of old, teams can turn it around a lot faster than they used to.

With a solid FA class/draft, we could make a run next year. It all starts with the QB position.

17. allencjets

allencjets New Member

We spent millions under Mike T. all it got us was 2 failed afc title game appearences.
    I think it's shortsighted to fire Idzik in yr 2 of a rebuild.
    Teams can turn it around in one season, really, say that to Oakland or Cleveland fans, see if they think thats funny.
    If you want to see a run to the superbowl and even win a championship, you rebuild properly.
    If you want to see a team thats just competetive with no championship then by all means hire another gm like Mike T.

18. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Let's not hold our breath...

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what it will be like if Woody stays pat on everyone staying? It wouldn't surprise me. He is really that stupid.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I really think with a new HC/OC that does a better job with QBs, you could turn him into a more effective QB than we have. I also feel like new coaches/offenses can spark a team for a bit