How Big of a Turnaround Can the Jets Have in 2015?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 15, 2014.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Pfffftttt....2015 WILL BE a dumpster fire just like this year. The ONLY difference will be most NORMAL fans will be expecting it as opposed to the unmitigated pooch screw this year was coming off an 8-8 campaign in 2013.

If John Idzik stays I have zero faith that we will have that "influx" of talent people are talking about. Based upon his first two previous drafts we MIGHT be looking at...what...1...2 starters?

Oh, and this cream puff schedule everyone keeps talking about...yeah...let's talk about that schedule. First off...we have the NFC East and I see ONLY three games we could/should win in Tennessee, Washington and Jacksonville. Not in our division...you can kiss that shit goodbye...that's 6 losses right there with us getting ass raped, again, by NE and Buffalo...losses to the ENTIRE NFC West save for the Skins so there's another 3...we are NOT beating Indianapolis...yup...already out of the playoffs at 10 losses and counting. I think you all better sit back and relax and get used to the fact that we aren't even going to COMPETE until 2016... And, of course, that is assuming we find our QB in 2015. If not...settle in because it will be a 3 year wasteland of shit.

I find it hilarious that some on this board are OK with not picking up one of the top 2 QB's in this year's draft. Yes, they may not be Manning or Luck...then again...they might be...no one knows. One thing I damn for sure certain know is if we do not draft one we'll never know...at least not in a NY Jets uniform that is. That includes Winston...who I am extremely "down" on because of all his off the field issues. But, as in the Lottery, you have to "pay to play" and if we do not pick up a QB in the draft this year...we'll be sitting shitty until 2016...and so on... There is absolutely NOTHING in FA as far as QB's go....NOTHING!!!!!!

legler82 likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a ridiculous post, mezz.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We have the least amount of talent in the division by far, we aren't competing for anything until 2016

mezzavo likes this.
  4. mezzavo

Why...exactly what part isn't spot on? Other than the speculation that John Idzik, some wouldn't call it speculation, can't draft worth a crap...what part of that is ridiculous? It is true that we play the NFC East. It is true that we play Indianapolis. It is true that we will likely NOT get a top QB in the draft in 2015. It is true that there are little to ZERO FA QB options in 2015...

What part of what I said isn't true? Do you really think we'll beat the Eagles, Cowboys & Giants? Do you really think we'll beat the Colts? After getting OBLITERATED by the Bills, twice, and soon to be NE...what isn't true??

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It all depends on who the GM, HC and CS are. Do we have some talent and pieces in place? Yes, but mostly on D. On offense, other than RB, C and maybe one TE and OL depth, we have little.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

6 wins next year doubles this year and thats not saying much

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no way of knowing at this point. We don't know who will be in the front office, who the HC & his assistants will be, who the QB will be.. so many unknowns that it's impossible to tell.

Teams can turn it around quickly in this modern NFL though. Lets hope they make the decisions that make that possible here.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm not a big believer in the schedule theory but it does appear our schedule will be manageable against average franchises.

The Jets also only play 6 true road games, the game against the Giants is not exactry a road game (players get to sleep in their own beds), and the game in London might actually draw a larger jets support crowd.

And I believe our farthest road games are against Dallas and oakland. The rest are like trips to indy, houston....

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And this isn't your typical 3-13 team. If we had spent the money we would have won at least 3 or 4 more games. So when we do spend the money it will be a lot of additions. So a turnaround to like 10-6 isn't that far off at all.

10. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

There are some building blocks, some possibly returning from injury who could help. It's a matter of how successful the offseason is managed. They basically have a do-over because the same needs exist as last year, when they did virtually nothing. But they are in a better draft position and have even more money to spend. So, there should be much better results.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

It really all depends on who the QB is going to be. With a decent QB, the Jets probably win 7 or 8 this year.

12. mezzavo

As previously stated...ZERO faith in Idzik...all this crap is moot if he is still running the show.

13. mezzavo

And this "decent" QB is coming from where...exactly??

14. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Vick was decent, but the offensive dreck swallowed him up...as it has three previous QBs.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if we have a good offseason we can be a playoff team in 2015.

16. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

We need a new GM, new coach, new QB, new coordinators, a new secondary....

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You need to fucking chill man. OH NOES WE WILL NEVER BE GOOD AGAIN BECAUSE WE COULDN'T GET MARIOTA OR WINSTON

Let's just move the fucking franchise to London

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Change the entire mindset. Fuck winning the Super Bowl (that is obviously the ultimate goal). Start some where first, make a realistic goal that's attainable next season.

Win the AFC East division, and give your loyal fan base a home game in the Post Season.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is ridiculous to just assume the team will lose all those games. It is just not true. Especially if they improve in ANY of their weaknesses, which you have to assume they will. Too negative.

mezzavo likes this.
  20. mezzavo

Pffft....Re-read what I said and get back to me. A 2-11...excuse me...3 - 11 franchise can ill afford to sit back and...."Oh my...we have what we need..." What I said was we need to take a shot on ONE of them if we are to do ANYTHING for 2015...NOT taking a shot ensures we will be pounding the ass end of the AFC East AGAIN next year. I don't give a rat fuck if it was Joe Schmucatelly QB...this year it happens to be the Duck and the near convict. Next year it will be someone else. UNTIL the NY Jets find that damn franchise QB you draft a QB as high as you possibly can! Period!

This is the NY Fuckin' Jets...there is NO Brady in our future. Live with it. Tell me to calm down...bullshit...I've been watching this train wreck for over 30 years...tell me to chill... Tell you what...I'll chill when Woody fires the whole goddamn lot of them and resurrects Lombardi to coach our sorry excuse of a team. Pfffttt....