Mariota and Winston Championship Games

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 5, 2014.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Superior talent wins in the NFL. Not camaraderie. actually both does when you think about it, chemistry, leadership, no disney shit there just common sense but thats besides the point.

I want better talent on this football team, but I'd rather it reveal itself through players already here as much as possible.

ALREADY HERE. like CJ, oh he had a good game didn't he? almost helped us win, oops! or Aboushi! wouldn't HIM being solid help us out as we mark down a spot at GUARD as NOT a position of need? wouldn't it be nice if he rookies showed something?

Isn't it better for players who are already on the team to do well? if that leads to wins then EXCELLENT!

or we could root for the jets of this year (and probably the next) to suck and not play well so we have more to work on and we can get talent that'll have a harder time succeeding.

by rooting for the team to lose your rooting for players to do poorly, which helps nothing.

I'm not naive, I just acknowledge the fact that this team is mostly comprised of players who will be around next year and their failure is not in this teams best interest.

Losing to win is ridiculously flawed logic.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

great throw, too bad for the non football shit

3. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

jaboo to Rashad needs to happen in the NFL. Trade back into the 2nd for Rashad

4. TonyMaC

your right, I'm done, i took the bait but I'm done.

Winston has some great looking touch, though the velocity on those passes could be better...

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ridiculously flawed logic is the talent bereft team we are fielding now, bottom of the league talent, is going to LEARN how to win.

That's Disney shit. We suck. We have some of the worst talent in the league.

By the time we're going to be in a position to contend CJ will be LONG gone.

It's ok being naive. Rudy persevered on guts and faith and hope and camaraderie.

I'm sure that'll work for us if our talentless team just puts it's nose to the grindstone. Maybe some elbow grease.

_

b.reyes16 likes this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

12 for 17
    222 Yards
    3 TD

All in the first half.

Winston baby!!!!!!

b.reyes16 and Big Cat like this.
  7. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Jameis throwing to Rashad in the NFL would be pretty awesome too :D

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm more impressed with his composure in the pocket and the ability to go through reads and make the accurate pass, he also made some adjustments at the line of scrimmage when GT showed a certain coverage.

I'll take him over MM, I think Winston can come in and play, where MM would need to sit.

9. Falco21

That would be a sick draft!

Winston in the first and Rashad in the second. I'd sign up for that any day

NYJets17 likes this.
  10. TonyMaC

If famous wasn't so batshit off the field I'd say he's the best QB prospect in a while and the clear best in the class.

a winning demeanor at the college level is nice but all that other stuff can't be ignored.

Id bench him on the spot after the draft just to humble him and make him earn it if anything.

Other talent pending i wouldn't know what to do if he fell to us, even if he was on his best behavior from here till now.

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's quite a conundrum.

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

This is the best Winston has played all season, this WAS the player I expected to see heading into to the season.

legler82 and b.reyes16 like this.
  13. Falco21

Our pick needs to be Winston. Shows up consistently in big games. Has one hell of a leadership attitude. Players love playing with him. Has great pocket presence and great accuracy. Works extremely hard and reads defenses.

Mariota is awesome but scares the hell out of me. Running QB who plays in an offense that a child could succeed in. Has amazing talent but so did Geno in college.

Jaemis is our answer. Pick him and don't look back!

14. TonyMaC

and steals shit…

15. Falco21

Oh please. Fuckin crab legs. Give me a break

And Cam Newton says hi

16. TonyMaC

cant be ignored, sorry.

we're in no good spot if he gets in legal trouble.

17. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Three months ago you were killing Winston for stealing crab legs, now you're brushing that off?

b.reyes16 likes this.
  18. Falco21

I was killing him because that's not what we needed as an FSU fan. Off field issues when under the spotlight. It was a stupid move and pissed a lot of people off.

But him stealing crab legs would NEVER make me not want to draft him and end our QB woes. Fuck that

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what if it was lobster tails?
    where are we drawing the line here?

KY Jets Fan and b.reyes16 like this.
  20. cambam71

cambam71 Member

So conflicted.

MM is the no brainer in terms of character. Given time and a coaching staff that lets him grow into a franchise QB, I can see it.

Jameis is a shit storm in terms of character. His reads, playing style, etc. just scream franchise QB. Even if it's only slightly better than Cam Newton (better passer, worse runner better overall for NFL).

I do think Jameis can handle the NY media, so long as there are no more rape allegations. Dude handles the media well in college with all the spirals and in the pros can actually have some PR coaching if needed.

Barring any injuries or incidents until the draft, I roll the dice on Jameis over MM, although, I think we won't be in a position for MM, and Jameis will be staring is in the face, making it decision easier (although, not really, Cooper could be even more of a sure thing than either of them)