"Penalty Flag Day"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fireidzik_billboard, Dec 4, 2014.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

dead on MS...whatever it takes to make the brutal changes needed? I could care less what they are as long as they are..done.

When you hit this kind of low...with an owner that has shown a tremendous ability to run into the closet and hide until the dust clears..you need to embarrass him out or the next thing you know its 2022 and not much has changed. Good for these guys not waiting that long.

2. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

If you are going to the game, grab a towel and wave it with 9,999 other Jets fans... If not, follow us on our social media and have your voice heard.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

No I want the assholes with the billboard to suffer through it while I'm sane enough to realize you don't fire a GM in 2 years. If I can suffer through Rex all this time, I can suffer through Idzik another year.

4. fireidzik_billboard

You dont keep an incompetent employee for a 3rd year whose only justification for staying is that "you can't fire him after 2 years"...

This is not an internship. You dom't just get to keep your job based on some bizarre set of rules that his dwindling tiny group of supporters have made up about being un-fireable until a set amount of time.

74 likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If Woody actually knuckles under and fires his GM after two seasons with a forced marriage to an inept coach because of pressure from the fan base, then this franchise is doomed. No qualified candidate would ever take the job after that. "Here, you're our new GM, you have complete control and my full confidence, get on with this rebuild, full steam ahead. At least until some impatient losers decide to put up idiotic billboards."

Jets fans really are fucking morons sometimes.

6. fireidzik_billboard

There is no factual proof that is the case. Plenty of fanbases have put up billboards and wound up with great replacements.

Come up with a better argument. This one is lame.

7. Dierking

Like which ones?

8. fireidzik_billboard

9. fireidzik_billboard

The Browns are in much better shape right now and they just canned their previous GM after only one season.

10. Dierking

Pioli had more than a season and a half of results before fans were calling for his head.

The Brown's example suffers from very small sample size.

I stick by my statement.

11. fireidzik_billboard

Your statement has absolutely no merit. It is wild speculation based on your skewed opinion.

The Jets will be the premier destination for any GM candidate this offseason. Tons of cap room. Top 5 pick. A clean slate with the coaching staff to pick whoever they want. A last place schedule. And the big lights/big city draw of NYC.

Open up your eyes and see the big picture.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. fireidzik_billboard

You aren't happy now. But in 3-4 years, you will be thanking our movement for doing what was necessary

13. Dierking

Good lord almighty. Who writes your stuff?

14. Dierking

Did I just hear someone say something about "wild speculation based on your skewed opinion?" Or was that the toilet flushing?

15. Dierking

A rhetorical question:

Who is responsible for the "tons of cap space" that is supposed to entice the highest quality GM in the land to brave the notoriously short-sighted and impatient fanbase? The guys putting up the billboard? Or that other guy?

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idzik is responsible for the tons of cap space for his replacement but that's the easy part of the job...trade away the best player, cut the vets, sign no one of merit. He's done a great job with the easy part. He has set up his replacement with a blank slate rosterand tons of cap space. Does that make him a good GM?

He's good at the destruction part. Not the rebuilding part. Since its time for rebuilding I'd rather bring in someone good at that.

And you are crazy if you think fan billboards or the owner firing a crap GM after 2 years is going to hurt recruitment for the replacement. They aren't gonna give a shitabout the previous guy.

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

That may be the most hysterical thing I have ever read on a message board.
    I could say you are a comical genius except for the fact that I think you really believe that.

Jets69 likes this.
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I hope you all are homeless and freezing all your asses off as John Idzik and the Jets celebrate a SB next February.

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

i mean he kinda has a point... A GM's job is to build and maintain the best team they could possibly put together ever year. You come to the jets you can do that without having to fix big problems. We have good players...we just need MORE good players, and we have plenty of cap space to make that happen. We have no coach so he can pick his own guy, no QB so he can pick his own guy preferably with that top 1-5 pick in the draft.. plus we come with a stout defense full of first round picks that just needs a healthy secondary and a few tweaks @ CB added. Sounds like a GM's dream to me.

20. fireidzik_billboard

there may be what, 4 or 5 GM jobs opening up this offseason. The reason we are stuck with Idzik in the first place is that Woody stupidly put a Rex Ryan/trade Revis stipulation on the last GM. This is a much better situation and I give Idzik ZERO credit for that. He didn't do anything that any other human being wouldn't have done to clear up cap space. Cut Sanchez - trade Revis - cut Santonio, etc.. these were not genius moves. He sealed his fate with pathetic drafting and even worse moves in free agency capped off by an absurd "fan appeasement" trade of blowing 1/3 of his precious cap rollover money on an overpaid wide receiver while we were 1-6.

There is absolutely no argument to keep Idzik around and think that he is the right person to build us a championship roster. He is not a personnel guy. That is what we need. And any general manager candidate will look at all of the positives of this job and salivate over the opportunity if Woody gives him the freedom to run the show.