Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

Please keep us posted about Thursday night. My boys can't wait to do doorbusting in front of Toys R Us. Tell us it will be mild on Thursday :)

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What are we potentially looking at for the black friday storm jay?

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Since they started Christmas 2 weeks early this year they decided to also start black friday a week early. Lots of stores are doing black friday today

6. FJF

Yea. I don't care about the shopping and sales. Just wondering how to plan my weekend.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This

8. Brook!

Come on guys.

Toys R Us Doorbuster on Thursday at 6 PM. My boys want their toys. Have some mercy. No snow until Friday please :(

9. FJF

you can get the same deals online brook. and do it while watching football on the couch with pants unbuttoned digesting an absurd amount of turkey,stuffing and pies.
    and while i am on the subject, shame on the retails for opening on thursday and finally commercializing the one holiday that was only about dinner,football and hanging out with family. the people making the decisions to open on thanksgiving will be with their families that night while the working stiffs who really can't afford to tell management no will be leaving dinners early or skipping dinner all together to make the shareholders more money.i feel bad for those people.

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

You are exactly right about online. But they love the doorbusting concept. They had so much fun last year and they want to do it again this year. Probably they will buy only 20-30 dollar worth of stuff anyway. It is just the excitement of waiting outside with other kids.

And you are 100% right about commercialized holidays. It is really a shame. Those folks who work in retail are forced to work and that really is annoying. I know I am a part of this mess by going out on Thursday as well.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hm, I have my future in-laws driving from the Toronto area down to the Long Branch, NJ area Thursday. Wonder how that'll work for them.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

God I can't believe how much time and how many trips me and the wife spent going to Toys R Us and KB Toys when the kids were little. My wife used to go line up at 6am on Black Friday at KB.

Now I literally get every Christmas shopping item on line other than jewelry or if I need to go to Best Buy to look at electronics.

I can't imagine trying to park at the Garden State Mall on a Saturday in December.

_

13. jaywayne12

ok..its official..tracking the first real storm of the year. Saving grace might be the ocean temps from I95 EAST...but thats not set in stone yet. Have updated the weather part of the site and will update the storm again in an hour. Thanksgiving night? Day? Black Friday? Big question right now

www.jaysweather.net

14. FJF

Thanksgiving night would be cool with me.

15. jaywayne12

This looks to be a Wednesday night early Thursday storm...but the EURO just came back with some totals...yikes...still early guys so lets go easy on the hype..but its down to 4 days away..so not too early:
    UPDATE:
    http://jaysweather.net/

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Looks like I'll be wearing shorts and a t shirt on Thanksgiving.

This south Texas weather, I'll never get used to it. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 80°. Two days later the low will be 38°.

17. jaywayne12

Quit bitching my bud...I would take that in a second. Was in Florida for almost a month and Im freezing my ass of up here....freezing my ass off.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Oh I'm not bitching, although the constant temperature changes seem to result in a lot of people getting sick.

I'd rather be in shorts for Turkey Day than wearing a fur lined parka, you can bet your ass on that.

19. FJF

thats horrible timing.

hey jay, the gfs doesn't seem to be buying this at all, reason for optimism, or will it come in on the next run or 2?
    not that i hate snow of course, but the timing on this one really sucks and i am not quite ready for the snow

edit, TWC is on board for 4" wednesday night and accuweather is calling for something too,
    looks like this may be real

20. jaywayne12

good pick up fjf. What you have to do is look at the previous GFS runs which have it much further out to sea...also..and this is huge until the GFS gets into winter mode..and it still has it...the GFS always has a bias of 100 to 200 miles out to sea..then as it gets closer to the storm..it begins to correct itself. Even the EURO..in my opinion..is too far out to sea with it.

The thing about this storm is it moves almost due north from NC coast..meaning that Boston and the Cape might get heavy mixing or even rain..while parts of central and western Conn..and NJ...get snow. Again..way too early but trying to get the biases of each model is crucial...always remember GFS is too far out to sea until around 3 days out..you will see it correct itself by Sunday night.

FJF likes this.