The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

You had to be a real snake oil salesmen to convince idiots to burn their money and contribute to this nonsense .

NY Jets68, JetsVilma28 and Dierking like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Kinda like the idiots that bought the PSL's...

#42 Cman68, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    papapump, Umphpool and JetsVilma28 like this.
  3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I'm not sold on Idzik in the least, but he's had two off-seasons for fuck's sake. And it's not like he traded Dan Marino or something. The profound, widespread, largely media-driven hatred for the guy is just unwarranted. Heck, I'm not even necessarily saying he should be retained beyond this season, but I just think a billboard being dedicated to his future unemployment is grossly over the top.

JetFanInPA and jonnyd like this.
  4. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

I think that when upper management sees these billboards and aerial signs, they don't look at it as an embarrassment but instead wonder how much more they can charge the fans if the team were actually winning.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think you're right about these actions having no effect whatsoever. It's more of a venting. The frustration has reached the breaking point with a lot of fans and they see these actions as a way get the point across. As far as the bottom line goes, the FO and higher ups always look for ways to increase it. The market will get better only when the team does.

6. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

For every "Fire Idzik" billboard there should be at least 1 "Fire Terry Bradway."

Idzik is obviously in over his head and clueless. But Bradway has been a franchise killer for a decade-plus.

Watching Aaron Rodgers Sunday night as Jet fan was painful. If Bradway doesn't make the stupid Doug Jolley trade, we are in a position that year to move up 3 spots -- give up a 2nd round pick, maybe -- and draft....Aaron Rodgers!!

Also, Roddy White was taken one spot after where we would have picked.

1 23 Oakland Raiders Fabian Washington CB Nebraska Big 12 from Seattle

1 24 Green Bay Packers Aaron RodgersQB California Pac-10

1 25 Washington Redskins Jason Campbell QB Auburn SEC from Denver

1 26 Seattle Seahawks Chris Spencer C Ole Miss SEC from New York Jets via Oakland

1 27 Atlanta Falcons Roddy WhiteWR UAB C-USA

ajax, 101GangGreen101 and BakerMaker like this.
  7. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

The funny thing is that well after the trade, and during the tailspin that season, people were still defending the trade.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Really! There is absolutely no tangible evidence to suggest the Jets problems will be solved and things will get better if Idzik gets fired, other than the fact that whoever got the job if he was fired would inherit a much better cap situation.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Money would be better spent if it was to send Champ to the UK....... or a Vegas Bunny Ranch with a fistful of blue pills. :D

11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I still don't understand this perspective. Idzik obviously hasn't been flawless, but this idea that he's in over his head is a bit of hyperbole.

The guy was brought here to clean up and rebuild - this wasn't a "come in and tinker with an established machine" sort of job. In his time here he has

1. Cleared all the horrific dead money
    2. Acquired high-end talent at a low cost via trade
    3. Locked solid and/or impactful talent to reasonable contracts
    4. Created cavernous cap space to both bring in talent and retain the talent we already have

He has NOT
    1. Traded away 1st/2nd/3rd round draft picks
    2. Locked major money into unproven and/or uneven talent
    3. Created future dead money issues via bonuses/contracts
    4. Established a winning team on the field

He is clearly not "in over his head" to me. The simple fact that, despite all the screaming and yelling from some fans, this team is NOT in dire straits developmentally - when they WERE at the time Idzik took over - tells me he's not this damaging, bumbling force that some claim he is. Again, this was a full rebuild job, not a tinker-to-win one.

I mean think about it: if Idzik were fired the guy taking over for him would have a pretty sweet deal. No longterm/dead money, young established pieces on both sides of the ball, no significant future draft picks missing, and a TON of cap space to work with. I really can't believe some fans are making Idzik the focal point of the 2-7 record. He's done way less harm than good to my eye, and it's really not even close.

#LetIdzikStick

12. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Still believe in Geno?

TNJet likes this.
  13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

He might as well have traded his first and second rounders b/c his draft picks have been the worst Ive seen from a Jet GM in a long long long time.

He completely fucked up the secondary, and thus the entire defense. He has ZERO experience to fall back on that can make an argument that "trust him, he knows what hes doing"

And the biggest blunder of all: drafting Geno and handing him the job. You don't get to put all your eggs in a QB basket, and then when that QB ends up a nightmare, get to draft another one.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

How do you know it wasn't Idzik who didn't want to bench Geno? The week that Idzik traded for Harvin (which I think shows Idzik is scared about being fired) is also the same week Geno gets benched.

15. stinkyB

Were you actually WATCHING the game that got him sent to the pine? You think a GM makes in game decisions?

16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yes I saw it but he been benched before and was starter the next game. I think we will be fools to give up on Geno now. What I don't get is people want Geno gone but keep Idzik? Because he only been here 1.5 years. That how long Geno also been here with no talent at wideout.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I do as far as being an average/midpack QB. I never thought he would be a star QB if that's what you are getting at.

But it won't happen with the Jets. The fans have made their mind and he just isn't learning fast enough to warrant starting on a team.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

This rented and parked in his driveway or at Idzik's curb would have been a great photo op and message:
    [​IMG]
    also cheaper than 10K

19. stinkyB

Yes, but when you look as bad (or worse) than your rookie season after adding 2 worthy receivers: not quite the same as last year

personally, I want them both gone

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I kind of feel sorry for Idzik. From his last conference he seemed like a total pussy. But he should of known what he was he was getting into when he took the job. The Jets are in the public eye not a Woolworths. You have to be crazy to be in pro football.