John Idzik Press Conference thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

How are most of the players Rex's? Idzik is the GM and Idzik is the one responsible for bringing in the players. He missed on 11 of 12 draft picks this year and only nailed 1 pick last year. For a guy whose whole plan was revolved around rebuilding thru the draft he's doing a TERRIBLE job. Your claim that all these picks and FA disaster are Rex's guys has absolutely no merit at all. It's actually absurd that you even said this.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wonderful so now outside of Shelly & Mo R a team that is younger but still has NO talent either in it's coaches or players. :mad:

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why don't you go over the roster. The majority of the players are pre-Idzik. He's only been here under two years. These guys are mostly not his players. But they are Rex's players. But you're right about this draft. He had something like 12 picks made no deals and only a few of these guys have stuck.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Idzik has turned over more than 60% of this roster.
    so the majority of players ARE from his moves. But he hasn't brought in many good ones at all, which is a huge part of the problem.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The offense alone is almost entirely Idzik. Both QBs, Both RBs, 2 out of the top 3 WRs, the TE, and 3 out of the 5 lineman (the crappy three)

defensively it's mostly pre-Idzik but outside of richardson, only the good ones are pre-Idzik. The secondary completely rebuilt by Idzik is horrendous.

Big Blocker likes this.
  6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You're right I just counted 19 pre-Idzik players on the current roster.

7. BacktoQueens

the more i think about his statement, the more clueless i realize it is.

1) Idzik HAS changed over the majority of the team. only around 19 players remain out of 69.
    2) If the problem actually were the pre-Idzik players, then why didn't Idzik replace them with the 20 draft picks and plenty of 2014 FA money? that's exactly his job to do.
    3) The problem clearly isn't the pre-Idzik players, as illustrated listed below..

Pre-Idzik Jets
    Defense
    Mo, Snacks, Ellis, Pace, Harris, Davis, Coples, Allen, Jarrett, Wilson

Offense
    D'brick, Mangold, Kerley, Powell, Cumberland

Special Teams
    Folk, Purdum, Bellore

I'd like to know how those guys are the problem. Outside of maybe Cumberland and Kyle Wilson, they are all actually assets, which makes his point utterly baseless on top of being incorrect.

8. BacktoQueens

out of those 19 players, most have value.

my problem with Idzik is the 40 players he added. Where is the quality?

he threw away a season as part of some larger future plan, while simultaneously drafting poorly.
    as a result, the coaches will be fired, the QB position remains unanswered, and an even bigger chunk of our roster will be turned over in favor of new coaching schemes. That 3 year rebuild just got set back several years as a result.
    There is no way i'm giving Idzik 5 years to prove something. He shouldn't be making any strategic decisions going forward, and someone else needs to revamp our talent evaluation approach.

9. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Idzik will be on at 630 tonight on SNY for anyone wanting more fun.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is becoming a traveling circus with Idzik. He's really out there trying to drum up sympathy for both himself and the team. After yesterday's pity party PC, I'm not sure what the purpose is for a follow on interview on SNY. Must be the bad impression he made on everyone South of Albany, East of Philly and West of New Haven. Good Luck John. You're gonna need it partner. Oh BTW, you work for a guy that just loves being in the spotlight so as they used to say on broadway: "break a leg". You certainly got your work cut out for you.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't believe he intentionally blew up the season either to use it as a developmental year or to get Rex fired. Signing guys like Vick and Chris Johnson are short time fixes and to me an attempt to win now. Not all of the players he's brought in are non NFL guys. Some of those numbers are your typical fill ins that all teams sign to cover injuries. But your best argument for firing Idzik is the 40 or so guys he's brought in on the roster. You made a good case for firing him. But to me the biggest factor is the coaching. We saw just how terrible it was on Sunday. It wasn't just our crappy players. But a lack of discipline and mediocre schemes and game planning. Plus where are the adjustments at half time.

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think it's funny and sad that we are in this mess because of all that unused cap space, but next year is all but guaranteed to be better because we have all this roll over money. If JI does get the opportunity to stay around (virtually guaranteed) of course he'll look like a genius on the surface, "This Isdick character took Rex Ryan/Mr. T's circus and turned it into a real winner! From 1-15 to 9-7 in one year! Who needs the Tuna?!?!" What will be forgotten is that JI caused the 1-15 by burying his cap space in a jar out back. It's the Montgomery Scott rule of always under-promising so you look like a miracle worker when you deliver instead of just a guy doing his job.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Captin... The Warp Engines cannah take the strain..."

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

How has he missed on 11 of 12 picks? To this point you can say he missed on 3 picks which news flash was going to happen anyway as its hard to put 12 rookies on a roster. It remains to be seen whether they will be busts in a few years.

Pryor is a rookie who is playing like one that has some good plays but is playing out of position anyway. Amaro has been the best rookie tight end by far. McDougle got hurt and it still remains to be seen whether or not he can be good. Shaq Evans got hurt and it remains to be seen whether or not he can be good. Quincy Enunwa on the practice squad. Dakota Dozier on the practice squad. Trevor Reilly playing on special teams. IK Enemkpali is on the practice squad.

Branden Dixon, Tahj Boyd and Jalen Saunders were cut.

The entire 12 picks fawning of the fanbase was stupid to begin with. 11 of the 12 players arent busts. Wait 2 years to call them busts.

And dont call me a Jets homer, I think Idzik has done a lot of bad. But I dont ignore facts and I dont ignore that hes made two good trades for Ivory and Harvin and made a good value signing in Decker. Still think they need a fresh face.

15. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

So you are comparing the 19 of the best players that Tanenbaum was able to bring in over what, 6 years at least to what Idzik has been able to bring in in just over a year? Come on... Most of the guys Idzik has brought in (like Vick, CJ, Colon, Patterson, etc) were never meant to be good long term players for us, just temporary stop-gap solutions on a cheap budget to plug in our holes while he looks for good long-term additions. That's why these kind of numerical "stats" are misleading.

16. BacktoQueens

that was never the comparison.
    the previous poster was asserting that the pre-idzik players, or 'Rex players', were the problem. they are not.

17. GangGreenBlues

Yeah but you were using it to question the quality of Idzik's moves. In my opinion, he has definitely been adding quality to the roster, but just hasn't had enough time. Young impact players like Richardson, Amaro, Ivory, Decker, Harvin along with starter quality talent like Aboushi, Bohannon, Pryor (once he moves to SS), Giacomini, etc. This is in just over one year, when we don't even know how those drafts of his are going to turn out. It is unreasonable to expect more than this.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

All good points. Possibly Idzik's worst draft pick was Geno. And the time they put into him and making him a rookie starter. It's not over for Geno yet. I think he'll play again this season because Vick won't last the season. I'll give him an over under of 2 games before he is injured. So I hope we don't start again to develop a rookie Qb.

19. BacktoQueens

i never brought up Tannenbaum's name, nor did i introduce 'stats'. i discussed specific players who were being called into question, as part of some Rex scapegoating on the talent aspect of our team.
    you are arguing something different..

If you want to discuss Idzik's 40 rostered players, or what he has done to improve the team, i'm willing to discuss that separately.

20. GangGreenBlues

Well, when those 2 numbers were listed close together, that's kind of the impression I got, but if that wasn't your intent, ok, then my post just refers to the second quoted line of yours "my problem with Idzik is the 40 players he added. Where is the quality?".