Geno is a scapegoat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Innocenti, Oct 27, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Why? he's not an NFL starter, therefore should not be starting, but he is starting, and that's not his choice.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Wait---I was with you, but now you lost me. It's not his choice? Like he is being forced to start against his will? I hope he wants to start, even if he has no business starting.

3. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

What?

He's a professional, paid to do a job. In this case he is being paid to be a starting QB.

I didn't hear about his returning his signing bonus or paying back the Jets the differential between starter and backup QB money - did you?. Until that happens, yeah, he took the job and it's his fault that he sucks. It's also the management's fault for putting him there, but that's orthogonal.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Umm, he is a good backup QB, do you see any other team blaming their backup QBs? Of course not, its silly.

5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

geno is like the jets

He sucks big fat you know what

6. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Except he's not the backup, HE IS THE STARTER. He's the one taking snaps and throwing more picks than completions. You might be correct if you say that he has the talent of a good backup QB, but that's irrelevant here. Backup QBs sit on the bench, hold the clipboard, bring water whatever. And they stay prepared to come in when there is an emergency (guess the SOJ suck at that too).

7. srains

srains Member

Agree 100%

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Geno being terrible has absolutely no bearing on many glaring deficiencies, such as coming into the season with no proven corners and big cap space.

9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Does it have any bearing on coming into the season with nobody to play QB except Geno Smith and Michael Vick? Because I think that's just as glaring a deficiency.

10. DanR

DanR Active Member

[​IMG]

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I also expect more from the GM especially since he a lot of cap space. This season is on Idzik.

LWC611 likes this.
  12. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

He went out and got him when we was 1-6. The only reason he did that he trying to save his job. Why didn't try and get Jackson? Sanders? Look at what both of them are doing.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Moving anywhere from the south pole WILL result in Northward movement. Doesn't mean you're up north. You are STILL stuck in Antarctica. Compared to the previous spot, yeah. You have moved up north somewhat. But still stuck in Antarctica. Get that?

And Jets last year was a product of fluke luck. Their turnover differential and point total differential warranted less than 4 wins. Like that stupid TB linebacker flag at the end of the game. Jets had every reason to lose that game - instead they beat TB by 1 point. Doesn't mean Geno was the integral reason for the win - Jets won 8 games DESPITE Geno's atrocities. The difference between last year and this year is, Jets faced a lot of bad teams last year - so much so that luck could actually tilt the scale in Jets' favor. This year - not so much.

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Of course it does. This being a, 'don't scapegoat geno thread', I wanted to point out that a lot of the blame falls on Idzik.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Hostetler?

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This is an excellent post, with the TO ratio we had last year this team should have been much worse then 8-8. Everyone wants to point out what a great coach Ryan must be that he got 8-8 out of this shit team but anyone who has watched this team with an unbiased view in the Ryan tenure should know that in the 1st 2 years Ryan's teams were extremely lucky (I'd rather be lucky than good) well all the bad karma caught up with this team because you can't win consistently in the NFL with smoke and mirrors.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

its confusing because there are so many scapegoats this year - Geon, Rex, Idzik, CBs, Safeties, OL play, WRs - its almost like looking for the only parts that aren't a scapegoat in 2014 - which seems to be Wilkerson and Richardson and that's about it - maybe Folk to.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's right

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

When we cut Geno and he goes to the CFL, please follow him.

Scapegoat my ass, he is a turnover machine and can't cover the checks he is writing with those turnovers by scoring any points.

20. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Even if his numbers are better than last season, he's still a one read quarterback, who struggles badly under center, and makes terrible decisions with the football.
    Geno Smith is just not an NFL starting caliber quarterback.