Geno is a scapegoat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Innocenti, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

Yeah he sucks. I'm not disputing that.
    But here are some fun facts about Geno 2014 as opposed to Geno 2013.

This year:
    he has a higher completion %
    He has a higher TD %
    He has a lower Int %
    He has a lower sack %

He's been having a horrible 2014 but it's not much worse than his 2013. There is one stat that got dramatically worse and that is Geno's record as a starter. Geno is horrible and needs to go. However, as bad as he was last season, we managed an 8-8 record with his performance.

Yes Geno needs to go but his numbers indicate that there is a lot more wrong with the team than him. I thought that we should've went qb early last draft (when the opportunity presented itself). I think we should go qb early this draft.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Look man, I don't give a shit what the numbers say. Geno is fuckin terrible.

Every NFL team revolves around the quarterback. Yes Geno has been better than last year but all that means is instead of horse shit, he's now dog shit.

There are other problems with this team, we all know that.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It's easy to blame the QB but in year 2 you expect more. Yes Geno was not the only issue but he's in the top 3. I and a few other fans were patient. But enough is enough. The guy is a combination of garbage truck juice and cow shit. I hated that I ever even saw anything in him.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Geno is terrible. Here's the real question: Assume we blow up the coaching staff (and possibly the front office,) and Geno is kicked to the curb. Who is our starting QB next year? Who are the backups? I can't imagine Vick has any role in that unless he shows a heck of a lot in the next few games. The QB draft class doesn't look great, particularly if you're not sold on Mariotta (I'm certainly not). So where do we go? I think this is at least as big a question as who we bring in as HC.

5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Its 100 times worse than his 2013. The numbers lie. Plain and simple.

His YPA is a joke for an NFL QB.

6. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Like almost all of our skill positions players, he's just not that good.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

He also has Decker/Amaro who he didn't have last year...you would hope having improved weapons increases his numbers even if he's the same pile of **** he was last year.

phubbadaman and IDFjet like this.
  8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No ones blaming Geno, people are blaming the people who are allowing him to continue to play.

Falco21 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

Remix is right: Much like Sanchez, Geno isn't the reason we're losing-- that's squarely on the fact that we don't have anyone better to play the position.

10. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

He was never good and never should have been drafted just like every other WVU QB in history. Next

Chadchrebet and VegasMav like this.
  11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He does cover up a lot of the deficiencies on the team but that doesn't excuse some of his poor play in the least bit.

12. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Im so glad we didnt draft this Jonathan Martin whos making a key block on every play

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I quoted a post and i t did not appear. Will redo.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I don't love Idzik, but he went out and got a weapon in Percy Harvin. Now we have Harvin, Decker, Amaro, Ivory, CJ, and Kerley on offense. You can't use the excuse that there are no weapons on this team anymore. Geno is flat out terrible, even for a year 2 QB in this league. Simply put, we're not going to get any better surrounding Geno with more "weapons" in the offseason and that includes offensive line. He makes poor reads and dumb mistakes that other players simply can't fix. How Rex never wanted to go out and get an Alex Smith-type game manager when his defense was/is in a win now scenario is beyond me.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

One won a Super Bowl.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its like throwing a guy out there off the street and then blaming him for everything. I feel bad for Geno, he cant even show his face anywhere now, especially not in NY. The guy was not going to be an NFL starting QB, the plug should have been pulled a long time ago.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

See I disagree. I think Geno is the main cause of many of our issues.

When you have a guy like Geno Smith quarterbacking this team, you are greatly limited in play calls. It is almost a miracle if he finishes a game without a turnover and as we all saw last game, once his first read is covered, he's screwed. Receivers look like shit because they aren't getting the ball. Defense looks like shit because the offense can't escape quick three and outs. We are being outscored completely because our offense only knows how to kick field goals. We can't score in the red zone. The play calling sucks.

But what's the common factor in all of this? Geno Smith. Play calls suck because he isn't trusted. Defense gets destroyed because the offense can't keep them off the field. Receivers don't get yardage because Geno Smith has a terrible completion percentage and interception rate. We can't score points because Geno sucks. We can't score in the red zone because Geno sucks or again, play calling doesn't trust Geno.

Fuck you Geno Smith.

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Could have had AJ McCarron with a mid-5th round pick and had a solid game manager.

19. TwoHeadedMonster

Oh, sorry, I wasn't being sarcastic. You can't blame a guy with 3rd string talent for failing to be a successful NFL Starting QB-- you have to blame the organization for repeatedly failing to bring in a real starting QB.

20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

No, I definitely blame Geno for a lot of it.