Why did official help Patriots avoid penalty before Jets' field goal got blocked?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Oct 17, 2014.

1. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

too bad they did not break the floppers neck. I know the play you are referring to and it was not a late hit he flopped at the end

2. rammagen

you joined for this? definition of troll. That hit above was not dirty he was going down and diving. if it was intentional that is one thing but I do not think this was

3. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

True, but unless it's a question of player safety, should they?
    Even if, as I prefer to think, that this is not done to deliberately advantage one team over another, it potentially creates a difference in treatment that invalidates the notion of an equal playing field, which is what fair competition is all about.
    What's worse is that it makes a difference in treatment a discretion of the officials, whose principal role is to ensure that teams receive equal and fair treatment.
    Let's assume that the Jets had in the same game previously been penalized for that infraction and the penalty had moved the Pats into field goal range, with three or fewer points being the margin of victory (as indeed was the case).
    Don't tell me that folks would not be blowing a gasket, and with reason.
    The fact that this sort of thing could easily happen should be reason enuf to keep the zebras out of it.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

...the guy you just quoted wasn't trolling, he also said it wasn't dirty.

Also for the record, it was Chris Jones and not Chandler, I'm 50/50 on whether I believe it was dirty or not, he 100% hit the thigh, not the knee, Geno had his foot planted which caused the awkward bend. His head is also at the same level as Geno's butt, I don't think it should have been flagged and I don't think it will be fined. But the NFL has shown absolutely no consistency on calls or fines all season, so it's hard to say.

I look at this hit as the Jets fans being in the same crowd as those who thought Pollard hit on Gronkowski was dirty, when it wasn't. Injuries happen even playing clean football. I believe this was clean.

He did flop, that was after the hit though. The late hit was about 30 seconds before the flop, after he was out of bounds by a step or two.

I don't know how you confuse me talking about a hit out of bounds with a Brady flop clearly in bounds.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

embarrassing. just stop.

6. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

So you've seen it before?? Cause I never have.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He dove low, his helmet is barely above the knee, he wasn't blocked and very easily could have come in standing up. That is a penalty the NFL only enforces on the elite QB's. You are also taking one shot on a fast play and pointing out what you want to show.

8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The NFL really should have full-time refs. To see a billion dollar industry use part-time help is ludicrous.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yeah, you're right. THe officiating week in and week out has been outstanding.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

you're right, the ref is still wrong,.

He moved him so he could see the snap.

Moving the player is not his job.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yep.

Should have been called.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

To be honest I have never seen that happen before but to be fair I've also never looked.

I do think those comparing it to a WR getting an ok from an official before a snap are comparing apples to oranges. There is a difference between a player checking to see if he is lined up correctly and an official physically grabbing a player and putting him in the correct position. It would be more in line to an official walking out and grabbing a WR and pulling him back a yard to get him onside. I don't know if this particular play was a penalty as the ball wasn't snapped and we don't know if the player would have stayed lined up above center, it was just an odd situation.

13. rammagen

put the bottle down. The response was because the guy joined to make 1 point that=tro;;.
    I dont care who hit Geno that hit was not dirty neither was the hit on brady

14. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Who said it's been outsanding? Or even good? It's been awful, but it hasn't been biased, at least not often, it's just been plain atrocious.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I didn't say anything about bias. I said we got hosed on some bad or missed calls and we got more of the bad calls than the Pats did. Don't act like it was even because it wasn't.