Now we know why Harvin came cheap..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Who would you rather have, Nelson, or Harvin?

Sudfeld?

Clearly the choir boys are not working out.

Give Geno another weapon, see if he can create some chemistry with an improved WR group, and determine whether or not the team needs to look at QB's in the draft.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

What difference does it make whether it could have been done earlier or not. Fact is it was done now and the Jets are 1-6 and have spent 7 mill that would be available to spend next year on a guy who may or may not be on the team next year. 1 year rentals are cool when they are full 1 year rentals. Now if everything goes great, then great, the risk paid off, but that has nothing to do with the post I was responding to which was in regards to worst case scenario him being gone at year's end. In that scenario you gave up a 6th rder(probably meaningless but you never know) and 7 mill for next year for some highlights to make you feel warm and fuzzy and distract you from not making the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

al davis and myself say same thing

4. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

That's still wrong though. Here, I'll use your own words to elucidate the reality of the situation:

"In that scenario you gave up a 6th rder(probably meaningless but you never know) and 7 mill for next year [for the chance that] everything goes great [and] the risk paid off"

If everything goes great and the risk paid off, the Jets have a dynamic focal point for the rebuild of their offense. If not, they paid a 6th rounder and a small fraction of the cap room they had been allocating specifically to try and find dynamic focal points for their offense.

kevmvp likes this.
  5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Alright. I see where you are coming from. I still think there are a lot more outcomes where this turns bad than ones where it works out but I'm willing to reserve judgment until we see how this plays out. Good post

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Absolutely. This is not a bad trade. Yes he is a nut job but i've come to the conclusion that more than half the league is full of nut jobs in the NFL. This season is a great example of that.

If Harvin comes here and can produce it's good. If he doesn't he's likely gone and we lose $7 million off next years rollover money. Sucks, but on the flip side Idzik set himself up to be able to take this hit if things dont work out by rolling over so much money in the first place. This is not a bad move.

I think people are severely overlooking Percy Harvin's talent and focusing only on the negatives.

rohirrim665 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. FriendlyDolphin

What the hell are you on about and basing this on?

8. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Ya the H stands for Harvin

FJF and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I thought it was a 4th that could become a 2nd. At that price there's really nothing to complain about. I almost hope he does scrap with someone on the team, just to add a little kick to this awful season.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I never thought I'd say this, but I almost miss the circus. This 2014 version of the Jets are bland and boring to say the least.

11. Cman68

But wait.. there's more!!!!!

taken from ESPN.com/NewYork

Taken from a song in a bygone era..

"and we have... High Hopes... We got.. High Hopes.. We got, High Apple Pie in the Sky .. Hopes.."

#71 Cman68, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  12. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about with a clueless statement like that. Harvin may possess better elusive skills and a bit more speed that Holmes, but Holmes was a better traditional receiver by far. I dont even like Holmes but the former Super Bowl MVP deserves more credit than that and at times earlier in his career he used to return punts as well. And that Super Bowl catch....

13. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Even if it becomes a 4th we end up cutting them anyway so who cares? Man I hate idzik.

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Disagree here. There are two reasons to make the trade.

1. To see if Harvin can pan out
    2. To see if Geno can succeed without defenses that are stacked to one side of the field because they only have Decker and slightly less so Amaro.

inri2000 likes this.
  15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I agree to the 2nd part. If you are doing this to see if you need to cut bait with Geno then it is worth it. My main thing is that it seems people were praising Idzik for not spending in the offseason on corners because it would lessen the rollover cap space but now they are praising him for potentially wasting that cap space on a guy with a lot of questions surrounding him. Seems like if you were going to spend some of that money it would have been more worthwhile to spend it on players you could have had for the whole year.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Haha.......maybe Rex's wifey gets a Percy tattoo or if mangini was still here he would name his next son Percy.

TNJet likes this.
  17. Cman68

I'm gonna download the sex tape when it becomes available. :)

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

All this proves is you can win a super bowl with a so called cancer in it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I saw a couple posts about the pick being a 4-6 instead of 2-4, but can that be confirmed anywhere?

20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I didn't say Harvin is a better wr I said he is a far superior football player

Harvins best year he had 1300 yards - receiving and rushing combined
    lets not forget harvin made a huge play in that super bowl last year

Holmes best season was 1200 yards 5 tds- still living off that super bowl catch

NYJetsO12 likes this.