Jets acquire Percy Harvin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we arent spending 10+m a year for him. and we dont owe him a dime of gauranteed money.

we owe him 7m. if we keep him, it would be on a new deal. he'll want a new deal with gauranteed money, and we'll want a lower year number on him

2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

This is similar to the Bucs trading for Revis, except we did not give up a 1st and a 3rd. Revis was cut w/out penalty when they determined he did not fit into their long term plans. They took a lot of flack for it due to the amount they gave up in trade. If we cut Harvin it won't be nearly as big a deal.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  3. jerseyjay14

this just shows a complete lack of understanding on all fronts

"desperation move to save his job" is just a riddiculous statement, given idziks job is super safe since woody himself is onboard with a longer rebuild. idzik isnt going anywhere for at least 2 or 3 years.

We arent paying him 10 million next season. ifhe is back next year, it would be on a new deal.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think this trade was available for the last two or three weeks, the Jets did their due diligence weeks ago (understanding the contract ramifications, finding out exactly what Seattle wanted in return, etc) and the team had decided not to make the trade. And then when they took the beating they have over the last week (particularly the last 24 hours), Woody told Idzik to go make the trade. And, no, I don't believe Woody knows anything about Harvin as a player - I think the conversation went something like this:

WOODY: Tell me about Harvin.
    REX: He's a playmaker. A fast, elusive guy that will score a lot of TDs.
    WOODY: Will the fans love him?
    REX: When he's scoring TDs they will.
    WOODY: Idzik, make the trade.

5. jerseyjay14

i love the point you made on Geno.... it takes away a layer of excuse and allows the team to mvoe on easier. its the same reason i though it was dumb to ever bench geno for vick, it adds a layer of excuse.

let geno play out the year, if he doesnt improve, then we easily move on from him.

Also, if we end up with a young/rookie next year, you want that guy to have some weapons around him

6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I am happy that at least a move was made. It would have been a whole lot better if it was done a month ago. Hopefully we can score some TD's now instead of all FG's.

Flyboy likes this.
  7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I like the move, but every single post of yours is hyper critical. If the Jets signed Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, and Demarius Thomas, you would come out with a ridiculously negative comment. It gets old.

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

right...who the fuck is Lance Zierlin

9. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Harvin plays corner...?

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Man, I wished they had made this move sooner...it's kind of late to try to win games, now, isn't it?

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

no he plays offense and scores touchdowns. maybe you've noticed our offense has struggled to get into the endzone and settles for FGs too often?

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I find it so interesting that as soon as this guy is dealt to the Jets, sites like Rotoworld come out with all of these reports about his character and all these issues.

Glad there's an option to get out of this pretty easily in 9 games if it's a total flop.

13. BleedGreen89

Santonio Holmes Part II. Fire Idzik now Im absolutely sick of this asswipe

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

At least I got my stapler back...

mezzavo likes this.
  15. JetFanInPA

Timing is definitely a bit odd, but regardless it does give the team a chance to evaluate Geno with a pretty formidable cast of weapons. If it's a flop, the team loses a mid-round pick and just about ~6 million in cap space. If this ends up being a good fit, this team has a major, dynamic offensive and special teams weapon that can change games on contract with no guaranteed money.

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

To be honest though I'm inclined to believe it for one simple reason - two different teams got rid of a guy with Harvin's talent in the prime of his career, and both teams that needed his talent badly. That says something alone even if you don't want to buy every single rumor (like the alleged fight between him and Golden Tate before the Super Bowl, or him refusing to go back into the game late against Dallas).

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, but the only people making excuses for Geno are the people who made the trade (Woody, Idzik, Rex). It's not like Idzik was sitting around saying "I'd really like to get a different QB in the offseason, but the fanbase loves Geno so much that they'd kill me if I demoted him." - the fans want him gone and its the front office that is babying him. They could very simply move on from Geno if they wanted, Harvin trade or no Harvin trade.

18. JetFanInPA

So many people are having this reaction and it's a bit baffling. This team is in dire need of offensive weapons and cornerbacks. The Jets take a shot at acquiring an offensive weapon. People are complaining that they didn't get a cornerback.

19. BleedGreen89

No shit...no one wants him except our clueless organization. You don't think the fact that the defending champs are willing to get rid of him in the middle of another winning season raises a red flag? Id(iot)zik

20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

when we find out the details of the trade its taking forever