Jets acquire Percy Harvin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 17, 2014.

1. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I like Finnally a move to help a young qb. Imagine they could have saved money and a pick I'd the gm wasn't such a cheap sob.
    never mind that their record through these games with another NFL caliber wrote could have been 500.
    We Win Last Night Against The Bears And maybe greenbay.
    maybe too little too late.
    my major bitch is started him on my fantasy league and he will not get me any pints this week

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

(No and DOUBLE NO!)

Sorry...had to chime in one last time...let me edit this for you big boy...

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think this trade takes the Jets off of the Amari Cooper bandwagon in round one.

I wouldn't mind seeing us take a LT with our pick.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This trade is Woody being tired of taking a beating for the last two weeks (especially the last 24 hours) and telling Idzik to do something to appease the media and fans.

5. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

2011 he had over 1000 yards 6 tds 967 receiving 345 rushing....now that was a while ago since he cant stay healthy

6. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Well I wouldnt consider Harvin a top tier WR..he's not even as good as Decker. He's a great playmaker an a big weapon. Something we havent had in years. Not even with Santonio. Why tie up a huge amount of cap space? Because we have a huge amount of cap space. And we still do.

Vida likes this.
  7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

.... he's pretty fair man... He doesn't like Geno cuz he's a shitty QB...

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think of this.

It might be easier to wrote this off as a low risk high reward trade if I knew what it was for and how much he was making.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

They traded there first round pick 25 the overall a 7th and a 3rd to get him.....none of this makes sense unless they know something we dont

Jetfan76 likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

when was the last time he was a top tier WR? lol. Right now he has 22 catches for 133 yrds and 0 TD's. They invested alot into him, but they kinda made the same mistake with him as we did with Santonio Holmes. He's not a #1. He'll be our #2 guy im guessing which should work out better. You guys thought we had no weapons sheeesh look at Seattle! Just so happens that their QB is allergic to taking sacks. We got a shit load of speed between Graham, Harvin, & CJ. We should utilize that. Now Geno's #'s should also start shooting up. One more thing.. i know Marty has to be the happiest guy in the building now he got a trickery player to toy around with.

12. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is Jets were probably going to draft him if they didnt trade up for Sanchez.

Maybe this makes up for that lol.

13. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Makes next year feel better I guess

14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Huge $10.5 mil cap number next year for a kick returner and 3rd receiver with health issues

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The fuck?

16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

This was not a desperation move, it was a very intelligent one I think. In the best case scenario, the Jets got a big playmaker and will surrender a 2nd rounder. Worst case scenario, we took a chance and will give up no more than a 4th rounder.

almbleamal likes this.
  17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

None of that is guaranteed.

I like the trade as long as the condition to make it a 2 is a superbowl or a division title. For a 4 it seems like a good trade.

I think there is going to be some great story by Jay Glazer on fox sports about him so it wont be spun well. People that arent Jets fans are spinning the deal. But now Mike Freeman saying that he didnt want to be there. Wonder if he fought with RW.

Now get a damn trade 6th for a CB.

Has made a good trade for Ivory and hopefully another 4th round steal in Harvin.

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I feel like he just looks at the stats in themselves because he's been so warped by fantasy football. I remember his childish back and forth with Jet fans who thought he was harsh on Geno Smith in his mailbag, I think you posted that article last year lol.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

And Philly Stax does the Friday dance.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

so spend it sorting out Wilkerson for the long term, spend it getting the CB situation sorted, spend it sorting the OL - there are always good, young WRs available every year in the draft - don't spend a huge slice of it on a player we are not remotely set up to make the most of - just seems like a dumb, desperation move - I mean why do it now when the season is done - what a complete waste - if we were minded to make moves we should've done it months ago.

and if he isn't a top tier WR why the hell pay him like one? didn't we learn anything from the Holmes situation?