Jets acquire Percy Harvin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I still don't know if I pass on Cooper in the draft if he's available to us. But at least we aren't banking on Dez or Demayrius hitting free agency, cause that's a slim chance. Still wouldn't mind a guy like Crabtree, Cobb or Maclin. Those guys I can see hitting free agency.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Seahawks must also like Paul Richardson(2nd round pick of theirs from Colorado)

I would have traded for Richardson personally but I am guessing he's coming along very well. He's someone to watch out for in fantasy football, I think they are about to let the gloves loose with the kid. He's similar to Harvin, which is why Harvin probably got dealt.

almbleamal likes this.
  3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Fuck yes! Long term this is awesome, assuming he stays healthy.

NYJetsO12 and JETS1116 like this.
  4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Still want Amari Cooper.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess the team can't possibly be worse with Percy Harvin onboard. It's probably a conditional 2nd and 4th, so it could be less if it doesn't pan out for us.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

thats a good point. the timing is off, but maybe its a better move in terms of value for it?

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

No, this is NOT a good move...Not in any stretch of the imagination....depending upon the ultimate compensation this could also turn out to be a fleecing...

Harvin is an injured malcontent. He is a supreme talent make no mistake but a team that is a legitimate repeat super bowl contender does not let this kind of talent go unless there are problems. Period... Also, this guy is NOT going to single handedly fix our o-line, secondary, slow lb'ers and MM stupid calls of multiple tosses to 2 different QB's in a single play either. This is a horrible move with horrible timing and it's EXACTLY a NY Jets thing to do... "snap" that the sound of another link snapping off my chain to this team...I can't take much more...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We are going to have an all star team on IR

Santonio Holmes 2.0 only worse

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Very dumb statement.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  10. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Douche though he might be, I think Harvin will produce for a new team. Santonio Holmes was huge his first season in NY.

This takes some of the sting out of last night. 2 big wide receivers for Geno. Wish they pulled this off 2 weeks ago but, I like it Alot.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Oh really genius , enlighten me

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Yikes!

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Probably he wasn't available earlier. I thought he was having a good season. But in the past he had concussions. He's a playmaker and worth taking a gamble on. I'm just surprised the Seahawks traded him. Mike Florio thinks he might have had a conflict with Russell Wilson. Yippee.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

…or in way over their head.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I thought this was a typo this is crazy.

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

malcontent? so theres off field issues here?

I know nothing about the guy expect he's quality on the file and has had some kind of injury history.

gotta wait and see what the details are I guess… he shouldn't be on a guaranteed contract at least, so theres that.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Yess...see those salaries?? I hadn't even gotten to those...REALLY?? Harvin isn't a negotiating kind of guy either...this sucks...sucks...sucks...sucks...

Someone asked me how it's worse than before....well, I'll tell you...after a loss like last night any article you read was how "I was the problem...I need to step up...WE need to do better as a club." With Harvin it will be "well no one got me the ball...not my fault...blahh blaahhh." This move was designed to be the nail in Rex Ryan's coffin...make no mistake.

18. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

My bad.... It ranges from 2nd to 4th...... Heard it wrong on ESPN..... Having said that, I'd make sure he doesn't play enough to make us give them our 2nd rounder.....

19. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I hear there isn't any guaranteed money after this year per twitter. If so it's effectively a one year deal

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If its for a conditional mid round pick, I don't mind the deal then. I just don't think the Jets should have paid out of their asses knowing full well Seattle needs to clear cap room to get not just Wilson signed to a big deal but to have some money left over to keep them right if they need to get a guy or two in FA.