Why did official help Patriots avoid penalty before Jets' field goal got blocked?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Oct 17, 2014.

1. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Granted, we don't have silos on which to place our satellite dishes, but the houses are pretty nice around here.

GoPats likes this.
  2. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

he didn't have control of the ball when he steppedout of bounds.

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

What? I dont think it was a penatly at all and was fine but hes standing over the center. I dont see how you knew what he was going to do on the shift when he moved before the shift when the ref pushed him. Its fine to say its not a penatly but now you are making things up as a Pats fan.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Wasn't that just after the play where he actually was hit late out of bounds but Devey got the call against him for defending his QB? Shoulda been offsetting.

I could be wrong, I missed the replays, but initial play I saw looked like Brady was hit late.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no credible basis for claiming the Jets got rooked by the refs last night. It's embarassing to even try.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Besides the BS PI penalty (another one that went against us), the non call on Revis when he was ass raping Decker before the ball got there, the non-call when Geno got hit in the knee (if it was Brady 6 flags would have went flying) you'd be right.

7. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Yes, this is why you lost. In fact, there weren't any poor calls against the Patriots. This stuff never gets old.

8. strngplyr

Phantom holding call on Revis on a 3rd and 11 incomplete pass = first down. Drive resulted in FG that took the lead.

2nd and 10 turns to 3rd and 25 instead of remaining 2nd and 10 after missed late hit OOB on Brady, Devey flagged for unness roughness for defending QB after he was hit late. Penalties should have offset. 3rd and 25 led to FG instead of 2nd and 10 replay.

The Nelson "catch" that wasn't reviewed by officials to help get the Jets into GW FG position.

Bad and missed calls go both ways. The officiating was equally horrible for both teams last night and neither team won or lost because of it. Both teams played like shit as well outside of a select few drives. Ugly game, easily could have gone either way, just as most Pats and Jets game are.

Crediting the refs for our victory or your loss is just blind homerism and ignorance, and 90% of your fan base even agrees with me on this. And to be honest, I've actually read many posts on a few forums claiming that the Jets actually had a few more favorable calls than Goodell's favorite Patriots. Figure that one out. Jets fans claiming the refs were actually on their side.

You're pretty alone on this one.

#68 strngplyr, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  9. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

My god. There was an entire Jet's drive that was fueled by defensive holding calls... I hate that ticky tack crap.

10. Murrell2878

The late hit was barely late. You're really stretching on that one. And considering you were even down there because of the BS PI call, I'd say it was even anyway.
    The Nelson catch was a catch
    Phantom holding call = 5 yards Phantom PI call was 35 yards... Yeah they're the same
    No call on illegal hit on Smith another 15 yards not given

We got two calls that were for a total of 5 yards. You got a Phantom PI call that gave you 32, and non call on Geno that gave you 15 and the non call on Revis' ass raping took away another 1st down on a 3rd down play. But yeah, it's even or favorable to the Jets. fucking clueless

11. Murrell2878

Which drive was that? You were called for it twice on two separate drives

12. jetsfan06

jetsfan06 Member

Late hit, barely late hit, PI, not PI, catch or no catch.

Stop trying to make it seem like we got screwed. We didn't. Both teams got calls, both teams didn't.

We lost because we failed to capitalize when we could have with TDs. Not because of the refs. Saying we got screwed just go to show you are the clueless one.

Seriously, man up and take the loss like a man. We should have won, but we lost. Because no one but ourselves. We beat ourselves that game. Acting otherwise just makes you seem like a baby.

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I've seen this before. Not a big deal.

14. Murrell2878

The calls weren't even close to being the same. And I never said we lost because of the calls. Learn to read.

15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Refs help players out all the time. It's part of the job.

16. strngplyr

Oh yeah, lets not forget this 3rd down "conversion", which, by the way, is the 3rd time in 3 consecutive weeks the opposing team was granted a 1st down while coming up far short of the marker. Because all the calls favor us.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014101600/2014/REG7/jets@patriots#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000412142&tab=analyze&pbp=gc-pbp-cd

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I love the Pats fans that come and here and talk about Phantom holding calls. They called about 2 where you saw the players grab the jersey the entire game. Also they missed the one on 3rd and short down and deep at the beginning of the 4th when Revis raped Decker (just talking about the dick to butt contact)

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I only took issues with the bs PI call on Allen, that was the 2nd time this year he's been called on that bullshit deep and both times they were fucking weak. I thought we got away with a late hit on Brady but Brady sold that shit like he played in the NBA and took a charge.

I really take issue with the Chandler Jones cheap shot on Geno, that is textbook Brady rule, dude wasn't blocked and dove low. I don't care about the yards, if you wanna protect the QB then protect all of them not just the ones who play on the better teams. There are a bunch of guys they don't call that on and it pisses me off. You can defend it as not a cheap shot and that's fine but that doesn't change the context of the play where a guy dives at the knees of a QB. Personally I think any hit at the knee on any player should be illegal but that's my opinion.

19. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

If the refs called every holding on the New England secondary that they should have called on Thursday, it would have put everyone to sleep. That's the advantage of holding on every play though. The refs will call some, but they won't call them all.

Pass Interference they are calling every time though. That's free points, and the NFL right now wants as many points as possible. They don't give two shits who wins, as long as there is a ton of scoring involved. More Scoring = More Fantasy Football Interest = Higher Ratings = More $$$. This is exactly why all of sudden once the Playoffs start the refs just let the guys play and the games feel different. Fantasy Football is over, and now your average viewer just wants to watch 2 playoff teams duke it out, so the NFL tells the refs to lighten up on the penalties.

20. Spygate

Spygate Member

I didn't know you can't hit the QB at the thigh.
    [​IMG]