Why would any respectable head coach candidate come to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 12, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Now this is the second time ive posted this link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-york-jets-cant-give-away-general-manager-job

and here is another article:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...k-jets-fire-mike-tannenbaum-rex-ryan-keep-job

This shouldn't have even been a conversation, everyone in the world knew that the new GM had to retain Rex. Thats just the facts, the other more qualified canidates wanted to come here but they wanted to fire Rex. So the Jets did not get their top guys, Idzik was the one who agreed to that stipulation because Idzik was probably years away from getting a General Manager job, if ever getting a General Manager job. This may have been his only chance so he took it. (and I dont blame him for that)

2. FTL Jet Fan

FTL Jet Fan New Member

Gamble was the GM we should have hired 2 years ago, it was reported by some goofball Jets beat writer that he was hired it was also reported he wanted the job be Woody ended up hiring Idzik. Good thing Woody paid 200k to find Idzik. If Jim H goes to Miami I will come unglued. I doubt he would want to go Miami with Dawn Aponte and company hopefully not!

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont know much about gamble but bringing a money guy over a personnel guy has not worked. The roster is weak, he has not improved it in 2 years. He just hasn't, yes the Dline is great but the Oline is going to be needed to be rebuilt.

The Giants GM is a play personnel guy, the San Fransisco GM was a player personnel guy......who knows though, Gamble does have a proven record it appears though.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's had some strong drafts with the 49ers - it appears he's doing well in Philly also.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well the 49ers GM was a player guy to, so he might actually be the reason for the strong drafts or he trained Gamble.

Gamble was the better option and the Jets knew that, thats why they pursued him first.

6. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

The HC and FO will continue to fail until we pick a QB that can carry the team. Vince Lombardi would we 1-5 right now with this roster and no GM in the history of the NFL would be any better off...as a matter of fact we might still be in Cap hell if they spent spent spent.

I hate this fanbase more than the team.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

as far as I am concerned, Peyton IS the OC there

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

100% not true, I broke this down a couple months ago but the offensive coordinator has a lot of influence on the offense Peyton runs. McCoy who was the coordinator there in 2012 helped Peyton a lot and is doing very good in San Diego. Adam Gase has adapted to Peytons aging and has adapted and created an offense that gets the most out of the guys around him.

If I can find my post breaking it all down and comparing to the offense in Indy ill post it......

9. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

This is why I really think either both go or both stay. Would we look at a GM/Coach combo?

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We have a credible headcoach.

We have a shit GM.

get Tanny on the phone.

11. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Whatever you say

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I still cant tell if you are trolling or not, I mean this is like a known fact for Jets fans and NFL fans in general. Idzik had to retain Rex ryan....

13. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Like i said, whatever you say. I'll take your word for it

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tom Gamble from Philly
    Hire Art Briles as coach
    Draft Marcus Mariota

Fap
    Fap
    Fap

soxxx likes this.
  15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Perfect time to blow the whole thing up. Bring in a new GM, new coach, new QB, sign Dez or Demaryius.........

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Perfect trio

Gamble is currently in Philly seeing Kelly thrives as HC and Gamble is a true football guy he's just gonna need help with cap management

Briles brings that explosive, innovative offense

Mariota is the perfect QB for that offense

Then we can draft a WR in Round 2 who falls out the 1st Round

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This team is ripe for an offensive minded coach to step in. Expectations aren't high his 1st year. You have good talent on the D-line and at LB. You could completely start over on offense and not be any worse. Add in the high draft pick and all the cap money to spend your 1st year. Win,Win!

Most new coaches take over a cap strapped team from the previous HC. They usually have a mess on both sides of the ball to fix, but the Jets just need health and a tweak at secondary to make the defense better. The only problem would be Idzik who knows nothing of talent or scouting.

Bring in a new GM and guys will be fighting over the HC job.

18. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I think we have John Idzik for the next 2 years at least. Hopefully he finds a good coach that can motivate some of the players we have now, and can help pick talent in the offseason. I think the time has come for Rex and the player coach ways. No matter what Woddy is sending Idzik nowhere. It's Woddys fault we are in this mess with keeping Rex in the first place.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Be careful on who you bring in to coach the defense. The Bears defense is having its worst stretch in franchise history while the offense is probably the best in their history.

We need a coach that puts all 53 players in the best position to succeed.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Briles sucks!!!!! He gets by on scheduling slap dick teams in college and playing in a conference where they play no defense. He's so overrated it's not even funny. He openly plays a cupcake schedule in the OOC - runs the score up on them to make himself look better and doesn't even care to hide it. Any time they play a team that's remotely good they lose. He's not an innovative football mind, he just smart at scheduling and recruiting to make himself look good.

He would be a failure anywhere in the NFL but an EPIC disaster here in NY with the Jets. I mean epic. Teams would stuff his offense, it would be turnover city and the defense would take numerous steps back.

He's not even close to Chip Kelly who could make his offense work with all different kinds of personnel by hiding weaknesses. Kelly is big on running the football as well and he has an understanding of defense.

Briles isn't even Spurrier pre-NFL who relied too much on the wide open passing game, inflated statistics and a lack of defense. Spurrier at least made a name for himself against the top college defenses. Spurrier was a failure in the NFL but Briles would be WAY worse.

#160 BrowningNagle, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014