Where are the goddamn fans ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by no psls, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I laughed somewhat hard at this

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the fans will turn up when the team does....

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

This exactly. And you can say the same thing for the new Yankee Stadium

no psls likes this.
  4. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

There would be fans at the games if they would cut the ticket prices a bit. Same for the NHL and NBA. Can't spend that type of money on tickets when you have kids or bills to pay. The average person can't even go to a game anymore

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And the old Shea Stadium.

no psls likes this.
  6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I've gone to almost every game for the past 34 seasons and I can honestly say that since this new stadium opened I've noticed more opposing teams fans and empty seats then ever before.
    I mentioned this in a thread last season how shocked I was at how many empty seats are in this stadium each week. seats are painted grey so as not to show up so blatantly as being empty for TV purposes.
    I started out going to games in 1980 with my dad and hoped to continue the tradition since my son is now almost 5, but it's pretty disheartening given the product being put on the field. I have 4 tickets in section 221A with PSL's of $4k a seat plus the cost of tickets and parking and have to admit it's getting pretty hard to justify continuing investing my hard earned $ only to leave disappointed and frustrated.
    Factor in the 6 or so hours on any given sunday it takes to go to these games plus gas and tolls and I can certainly tell you it pisses me off to read about players lashing out at fans who have the "audacity" to boo their poor performances and lack of talent being put on the field.
    I'm fully prepared to get the usual, "nobody put a gun to your head" response about me continuing to buy tickets, but that is a bit shortsighted.
    To me going to these games has always been more then just about football. It's been about family, about bonding with a parent or child through sports, but we as fans should at least get our $'s worth given our investment in our team.
    I understand that in sports nothing is guaranteed but when you look at this team as of late it seems we are being sold a bunch of baloney yet expected to pay for filet mignon and lobster tails.

no psls, Brook! and roboz08 like this.
  7. mikey

mikey Active Member

Wish I was in NY

8. kaboom

kaboom Member

It is funny to be called dumb by someone from Hoboken. Right out of one of the Jersey reality shows based upon your rhetoric. Thank you for sharing your financial acumen as to investment soundness of a PSL. Note to self, turn some of that insight inward and maybe some day you can move out of that dump.

PSLs are a poor investment. So is buying $12 beers in a bar or an authentic NFL jersey for $250. Get the word out. I don't really care about the sunk cost of a PSL. I do care about having good seats and won't even bother going to an NFL game if the seats weren't damn good. I've been to Jet games for over 5 decades, been to road games, playoff games etc. I'll be back at the start of each season and test drive the new product. At this stage I'd prefer the Jets to go 2-14 and to a total house cleaning of the operation, so the more opposing fans the better vs Rex grinding out a few boring week 15, 16,17 week wins to inflate the won/loss record like in 2013.

9. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Hoboken is a dump? Why do so many people want to live here then? Dont see many people shelling out 2 grand a month to live in Hartford do ya?

Here's an idea. Ditch the PSL's and maybe you can move somewhere more desirable. Like Buffalo or Philly..or purgatory.

And what bar are you going to that you pay $12 a beer? And since Im not 17 anymore Im not buying jerseys. Especially authentic ones. So you got the wrong crowd when bringing up those "points"

You do know you could buy lower bowl seats to every single home game off of stubhub and still save money right? But since you've made it pretty clear that you are part of the problem when it comes to our non-existent home field advantage Id prefer you go root for the Giants.

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Why would any real jets fan support garbage play
    Watching on TV is much better than going to the stadium.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I agree with you man. As much as I love the Jets, going to games is a family tradition, that me and my dad have. So whatever the product on the field, I will continue to go to games, enjoy them and get loud.

no psls likes this.
  13. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I'm not surprised to hear that average fans are being priced out of ticket sales. Ever since every other sport team owner and their mother got spanking new stadiums this has been happening. Before you know it, you won't be able to afford bringing one kid never mind kids to a game. It'll be all adults and kids with rich parents that'll be able to go. Which is probably what they want, anyway.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Joe

I respect you so much for trying to keep the tradition going. Forget about this years results. Enjoy your son and try to make him a true Jet fan like you. Maybe we won't see a Superbowl but I hope someday he will.

Cman68 and Jersey Joe 67 like this.
  15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Woody flinch? lol...No chance..
    I've said it a million times. He runs this as a business. Bottom line.
    In the end, this is what u get. An owner who really doesn't GAS and a product that smells like it.

and there are actually people who defend this clown.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I gotta admit, the last 2 weeks the crowds have been awful. Just too many opposing fans and so many different people every week. I think the long time hardcore season ticket holder is maybe 30% of the people at the game. Its gotten worse every year but this year, oh geez, its just not what I signed up for 34 years ago. I can't go through another coaching staff and mediocre QB anymore and I hate my section. This could be it for me, its just not even close to what I once loved, win or lose. And next up Bills and Steelers all with tons of fans to take over our place. F U Woody for breaking up such a good vibe. FU Idzik for not filling our the roster and FU Rex for being the shitiest game day coach I have ever seen ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I have yet to see any game at Met life get close to the average loudness of the old stadium. The design ( concrete dog bowl with louvers) of the stadium seems to let the noise escape upward instead of intensify it toward the field.

18. No Fly Zone

nah.. Giant season ticket holders are too old to know how to use the internet to post tickets for sale ;)

19. No Fly Zone

The problem is we're screwed with the PSL's, there is next to no interest in them so you either resign yourself to sticking with it until the right regime and QB is in place... I know but we can dream.. or you accept that you're out $16k and just cut bait.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Are Giant fans that are closed out of getting Giant season tix still buying Jet season tix? I remember this was an issue at Giant's stadium, especially when they would sell or give their tix to the opposing team's fans. Another reason we should have had our own stadium.