Where are the goddamn fans ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by no psls, Oct 13, 2014.

1. no psls

no psls Banned

I'm so sick of opposing fans sitting around me , I want to puke . If it's not Bronco fans , it's Bills fans , Steelers fans , Miami fans etc . The atmosphere at these games has changed 100 % from the old stadium . IT SUCKS . I have a high tolerance but yesterday I wanted to punch out the jackass Bronco fan sitting in front of me all day long . It's one thing to root for your team . It's another to be a DICKHEAD . Are we ever going to get a fan base who actually goes to the games instead of selling half of their tickets . THIS NEW STADIUM SUCKS along with the current team . I've been going to games since Shea stadium and I'm finally reaching the boiling point . AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

this is a product of the new Stadium which priced out any of the real fans. at least it's not as bad as it is in Dallas(Arlington).

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Not sure how you can expect otherwise....Shit team, shit ownership, shit stadium.

TNJet, greenbeanz, Jets69 and 4 others like this.
  4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Our players can't handle boos and tell fans to shut the fuck up so they deserve an empty stadium.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

you reap what you sow

Peebag and JeTsInTexas like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Remember, fans aren't supposed to boo and they're not given anything to cheer about either. Only choices left are to either just tailgate in the parking lot or stay home. Memo to Woody: The PSL's priced out a lot of your most loyal fans and the shit product you put on the field has alienated most of the rest. That's why your crowd is mostly Corporate or gameday ticket buyers.

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I used to go to about 3 games a year ever since I stopped with the season tickets but now I might not even go to 1. Not that I cant afford not to go (tickets will sure be cheap now) but I just lost interest.

Only been twice since Metlife opened cause the atmosphere is garbage. Both Miami games the last two seasons. We got our ass kicked each time but even before the game it was a deadzone. Nearly half the stadium not in their seats by the time kickoff started. The Fin fans were louder from the start.

Maybe that was just a bad experience but it turned me off to the place completely. I truly feel sorry for anyone who bought PSL's and is stuck handing their $$ over to this franchise. Not only cause were losing now but cause its just not a fun thing to do on a Sunday anymore. Used to be amazing. Now everyone is too worried about their fantasy football team to care.

In any event its clear a lot of Jet fans are already selling their seats. Crowd looked to be about 40 percent orange yesterday. Since when do Denver fans travel like Cowboys and Steelers fans? Oh waitttt.

Honestly I rather root for a shitty team then jump on another's bandwagon.

TNJet and CBG like this.
  8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Jets fan are going to end up doing what Dallas fans did. They boycotted the home game against the Texans as a show of solidarity to say "Fuck you, Jerry. Either put a product out there we can be proud of or we're not filling your Overpriced wonderland on gamedays."

Cowboys fans are obviously not as loud now since they're off to a 5-1 start lol. However the Jets suck and now is as good a time as any to give Woody the middle finger and boycott. 25k no shows every week would make even Woody flinch.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Excellent point you made. I was at the game as well and it seem as if there was more Broncos Fans than Jets Fans there the stadium looked Orange. A Broncos Fan Yelling 506 and 507 and 508 all game long counting Peytons Touchdowns but at least I give her credit for cheering for her team even if its away. Not only that we have a BS Drumline that really has no Correlation to the Jets what so ever. Its said that we have a home Stadium and we couldnt even hit past 104.0 Decibels for sound and loudness of our own field.

We should at least have that advantage. All I really saw were Drunk Jets fans slurring their Speech or them spending more time at the Concession Stands then in their seats cheering for their so called team.

CBG likes this.
  10. irishwhip03

Looks like the Boys' fans waited about 2 seasons too long to do this. Its clear, even before yesterday, that the product on the field is better because they fixed the biggest problem, their o-line. Now all of the sudden people think Romo is great and no one is calling for Garrett to be fired. Funny how that happens.

As for not showing up. Im not saying their mindset wasnt right but I imagine there will be a good number of Dallas fans in their building next week for the Giants game.

Those scare tactics just dont work on NFL owners.

11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Are you fucking kidding me?? Look at the product that they are giving us every week.. I won't go to another Jet game until they fix the whole organization.. We are supposed to spend our hard earned money for that??

FUCK THAT.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Well...let us see here....
    • A team doomed to lose 80 - 90% of their games
    • Stadium designed to "price out" the "Average Joe"
    • Owner who could give a shit WHAT the fans think or their experience
    • A GM that feels it's "O.K." to go into a season with $22 million in the bank all the while trying to sell that we have a "good enough" team to win...a good enough team for a family of 4 to drop around $600 to go see a single game.
    The list could go on...hell, I would have to have the reasonable expectation of a play off spot before I would drop that kind of coin....

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

They actually do work, though. This started last year in Dallas so it's been going on for a while. Also, even with them winning people there are still boycotting because of the mediocrity Jones has thrived on for the last 15 years and the ridiculous ticket prices to bring a family to a game.

If there are 25k no shows in the seats you better believe that Woody Johnson will be bricking.

14. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I've said it a few times before...there was nothing wrong with Giants stadium. It was affordable to attend a game, comfortable, had great sightlines and a true nostalgic feel to it. The new stadium was completely unnecessary and as a result of which, has left many die-hard loyal fans not wanting to visit it.

15. nyjunc

as a football stadium it was perfect, being red and blue and called "Giants Stadium" sucked though. the stadium was not needed for the fans obviously, this was all owners maximizing revenues. even an empty stadium makes them more money now than a full one in the old place.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Metlife is a disaster. Probably one of the worst home-field advantages in the NFL.

Murrell2878 and rohirrim665 like this.
  17. nyjunc

That place can get loud, if we had a winning team it can be a good homefield but we have never had a consistent homefield advantage. we have had some great crowds through the years but never consistently like other teams have.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

New stadium and PSLs plus the teams not good. This is what your going to get. I saw a lot of Orange on the screen yesterday.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Agree. Being a consistently good team would help. I've only been there twice, but I was very unimpressed with the crowd on both occasions.

20. irishwhip03

Well I imagine that is not going to last for much longer. And atleast Dallas has been somewhat competent in their draft picks and signings over the last 5 years. They have a franchise QB, a top 3 RB and WR, a borderline HOFer at TE, a real good kicker. Its not really a lot to complain about so I dont understand their revolt especially when there are like 10-15 other teams in the league that has more of a gripe with their owner.

As for us Im not so sure many people are just gonna sit on their tickets. They are either gonna sell them, to Jets fans or other teams fans, or they will just give them to people they know. So either way people are there and buying stuff.

These days, especially in the NY area, it is very very hard to accomplish a true fan revolt. Factor in that half the stiffs that go to these games sit on their hands the entire time and its not like its taking away any type of home field advantage.