Why would any respectable head coach candidate come to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 12, 2014.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Nice deflection, but what does this even mean??? I pointed out a bunch of realities which you wholeheartedly ignored and attempted to summarily dismiss by pretending that I wrote "NY rules all," or something practically equivalent.

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

The question is... Who would you guys want to be the new coach, and who are options to become coaches? Also, please, if we are going to get rid of Rex for 2015, Idzik needs to clean house... I fucking hate Terry Bradway. Get that buffoon out of here, finally...

3. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

We have a respectable head coach just not the right personnel for him to win with..New coach or not we need new Corners, Wrs, and Guards next offseason ASAP

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Listen guy, you throw out two examples and all of a sudden that means nobody good would want to coach this team? Please.

Stop acting like you know all the details in the decisions that were made by your two examples in Gase and Shaw. Every year there is a ton of circumstances that come into play with these type of candidates. You are trying to make it out to be like there is some universal conclusion happening in regards to why neither of these guys have accepted a HC position in the NFL.

It's not universal, they are two entirely different people with two entirely different sets of circumstances that have dictated their decisions.

Your argument is fair at best, so stop pounding your keyboard and calling out the "trolls", as if you have made an uncrackable argument of some kind that now entitles you to show your cocky bravado on this forum by trying to belittle other posters by referencing anyone that disagrees with you as a "troll".

You haven't made an absolute argument. So stop with the sky is falling, I have all the answers, you have none, bullshit.

FJF likes this.
  5. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Because it's the best situation to go to.

Redskins - Just hired a coach
    Vikings - Just hired a coach
    Falcons - Good chance Smith gets fired.
    Bucs - Just hired a coach.
    Rams - Fisher isn't getting fired, especially after the Bradford injury.
    Dolphins - They will go 7-9 or 8-8 and it will buy Philbin one more year. Maybe he gets fired though
    Titans - Just hired a Coach
    Jags - They like their coach, even though the record has been poor.
    Raiders - Need a Coach.

So essentially the only teams that may need a coach are the Jets, Falcons, Dolphins, and Raiders.

Oakland - Will have about 20 million to spend after signing their rookies, and just wasted a ton of cash on guys who didn't deserve it like Tuck and Howard. Plus they are the Raiders. Their ownership sets every coach up for failure. You will have the #1 overall pick though so there is that.

Miami - About 25 million to spend. Some good potential on defense. Offensive Line is still extremely shaky. Tannehill is about as average as it gets, even with 2 good receivers in Hartline and Wallace. There is potential to build a playoff team here though.

Atlanta - 20 million to spend. You get Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and..........that's it. Minus those 2 the Falcons would be as bad as the Jags and Raiders. Roddy White is coming to the end as well. With only 20 million to spend, a rebuild into a Super Bowl quality team will be tough.

Jets - Already about 10 clear starters in place. Brick, Mangold, Breno, Ivory, Decker, Amaro, Richardson, Wilkerson, Harrison, Davis. 70 million can buy you 3 10 million dollar pro-bowlers, and 3 solid 5 million dollar players and still leave you with 25 million to spend, not to mention a Top 5 pick, which will lead to another starter.

The Jets present a very unique opportunity. Most new head coaches have to clean up the previous mess. The Jets new head coach gets a clean slate from day 1. That alone will lure in a big name.

6. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Along with all the money that comes with being a NY Jets Headcoach

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

$70 million to spend, a top 8 draft pick, and a solid front 7 on defense.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Good analysis but a lot of this will come down to which jobs open up. If Atlanta opens up, why would Dan Quinn choose NY over Atlanta? He is a defensive guy that could go to an organization that has an offense in place. San Francisco it looks like will be available to. New York Giants could open up (This is up in the air, all ive heard is that Tom cant survive another non-playoff season, of course Cruz got hurt tonight which hurts them), Pittsburgh Steelers perhaps? (I dont think this actually happens yet).

And not for nothing either but the Jets need a QB, and are going to need to rebuild this offensive line under the next coach's reign. So its not like everything is all bright and positive here.

The top candidates are going to be:

Dan Quinn
    David Shaw
    Jim Harbaugh
    Adam Gase

Ive thought about this for awhile, but I believe you have to try and pull Harbaugh in. All four of these guys appear to be good choice though, even Adam Gase, with McCoy becoming successful in San Diego, it only helps Gase's stock. I think David Shaw is waiting for a team like the Giants or Steelers to open up.

Matty Jets likes this.
  9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I never acted like I knew all the details.

I wasnt the one saying it was universal, the trolls were the ones were stating that money can get any head coach in no matter what.

First off I am a humble, so dont assume I am cocky based off of a couple posts, second they are trolls because they are the ones spewing the hate posts towards me.

I never claimed to have all the answers, not sure where this is coming from.

10. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

There's a guy on Twitter who goes by NFLDraftBites. He seems to think Miami is the frontrunner for Harbs. He also mentioned us as a enticing option.

I also think Michigan will unload the Brinks truck for him.

11. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Idzik should be a part of the house cleaning

NJBeliever likes this.
  12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Woody needs to really be smart about this offseason. This is the offseason that will define this team for the next 5 years with all the money that will be spent. He better be 100% he is hitching his tam to the right horse with Idzik. Nothing wrong with admitting you brought in a cap guy when he shouldhave brought in a true personnel guy with a person under him to be the cap guy. Swallow your pride and do what is best for the team not your ego for using a stupid search firm to find your GM.

13. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

If you get rid of Rex you get rid of Idzik...If you dont, and we know Idzik sucks, then when you inevitably fire him then the new GM will get rid of the new coach and you're looking at firing a coach again. This is why Rex should have been gone when a new GM was brought in. But this is the NYJ

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Miami is favorite because they are expected to pay him whatever it takes. I believe they tried that last time and they failed.

I could see him ending up Oakland, apparently his wife wants to stay in a warm place or something, it would be crazy if he switched towns......

15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the posts but this is a great job. Some good young players, plenty of cap room and coming off a bad season with good draft spot, young and old coaches will be lining up to get this position. They will have to hire more secretaries to handle the resumes.

16. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

How much can we really blame on Rex? I know he deserves a lot of blame and you HC comes before GM and owner, but not many coaches are winning with this team. Idzik killed the roster for 2014. Decker was a good signing but the offensive line is really really bad. Who's scouting these guys?

Geno looks like a big bust and worse he doesn't inspire anyone. He's like Santonio Holmes at QB.

We've can't stop the pass and we can't pass. It's a passing league.

Woody probably has more faith/loyalty in Rex than he does Idzik. Rex has taken the team to the brink of the Super Bowl, not Idzik. Does Woody bring both back? Fire both? Just fire Rex? How do you let Rex go and not throw Idzik out with him for setting him up to fail?

17. Gunther

Gunther Member

Any coach that is good would never come here. The NY media are cock suckers. If they aren't sucking a dick of a billionaire and making sure that no blame falls on him, they are sucking the dick of the next superstar that might perhaps come through this shit hole. When that superstar can no longer do superstar shit, they spend their time talking about how he needs to go. There is no middle ground with these cock suckers. They suck dick or they don't suck dick. That is NY sports media in a nutshell. Billionaires are just as stupid as other people. Sick of these middle ground mother fuckers doing everything they can to make sure none of the pitfalls of a team falls on their shoulders.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Then why did Bill Parcells come here in 1997?

NJBeliever likes this.
  19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Who wants to coach under a clown like Idzik?? If he stats our only hope is landing an unproven coordinator.

We need a full housecleaning. Or it will be more of the same. We need real, experienced football minds to take over this team. Not glorified accountants and bungling, arrogant d-coordinators.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Exactly, if guys like Shaw and Gase wouldnt tie there hands to the Browns or Redskins, why would they tie their hands to a GM that is already on his way out? Screw that, I would go to Atlanta, San Fransisco, or the Giants, all better situations because their GM is not name John Idzik.