Why would any respectable head coach candidate come to the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 12, 2014.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yeah I understand. Like i've said, i'm just holding out hope Idzik has a plan and can sell a future HC candidate on it. We'll see.

2. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Nobody cares about Idzik more than the Jets fanbase does. Head coaches will come here. Do you know Idzik personally? Idzik is treated like Satan to some people, its creepy. Give him another year or two

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you didn't miss anything.

this should be in the idzic thread. it didn't need to be in it's own

4. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Every year I fall for the dam trick... Why oh why can I fall for the same old Jets.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind he's just hoarding the $ to see Rex fail, when Idzik hires his guy, he'll pave the streets with gold an well have to build huge walls around the Jets facility to keep all the top tier talent from overrunning us

Pocket Jet likes this.
  6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The way this organization has been run for the last 25 years and current ownership makes it a tough place to win. Let's face it. The Jets are barely a step above the Browns as far as league wide perception goes - and this year that's not even true. It's hard to envision the best coaching candidates picking the Jets if there is another offer out there, or of they have a chance to stay on somewhere as a coordinator and win.
    Fuck.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If Idzik is fired and the new coach is given more say than Rex. We will have about $145M to spend next year and a high draft pick.

If Idzik is still the GM, which would be a horrible idea by Woody, I imagine either the OC or DC from Seattle will be the new HC.

8. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

I think the Jets as an org do not commit to thing completely

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No matter if Rex or Idzik is here or gone, we will have cap room and a high draft pick.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thats why you get rid of Idzik, its a golden opportunity to restart. It was pretty good time 2 years ago but we have made zero progress, we have actually regressed but if you put the right GM, right head coach into this spot, it could get turned around quickly.

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Um, I don't know:

1. It's New York,
    2. There are only 32 of these jobs in the world,
    3. It's New York
    4. You have some young talent (Mo, Richardson, Snacks, Davis, Milliner, Pryor, Amaro, Decker, etc...)
    5. You are getting a top 5 pick
    6. It's still New York
    7. Your team will have tens of millions in cap room
    8. Fairly easy division - Miami and Buffalo are nothing special, and once Brady retires in a year or two, you have a wide open division.
    9. Have I mentioned its New York?

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Embarrassing thread.

joe likes this.
  13. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Why come to the Jets? Well, you the OP said it himself: there's only 32 positions. The Jets will have a high draft pick and plenty of money to spend. And Woody Johnson has been plenty patient with his Head Coaches, unlike certain other owners. I see no reason why the Jets couldn't land a quality candidate.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yep embarrassing thread and ill make sure to bump this thread and embarrass you in a couple months when candidates turn down the Jets.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

You do that. But unfortunately for you, the premise of this thread is highly moronic.

16. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Three reasons: Money. Tons of cap room to work with. A GM that wants them there and will do whatever it takes to ensure that their guy succeeds.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

How is my premise moronic, explain why David Shaw and Adam Gase turned down Washington and Cleveland? if its all about the money then they take the jobs. They didnt because both those teams are dysfunctional, the same way the Jets are.

I would like to hear your explanation as to why they didnt take the money and the chance to become one of thirty-two head coaches in the National Football League? please explain Slimjasi:

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is Krusty available?

19. Really? We've regressed? I'd like a rational explanation for that..and not just on the field record.

The roster is younger,deeper & more talented...the cap situation is healthy & the team has significant capital that they have to spend in what appears to be a very fruitful upcoming free agency class. Please explain to me how we've regressed.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We have regressed, secondary is worse, receiving corp has not improved, worse QB, worse offensive line. Add the fact that we are what our record says we are, we are 1-5. Idzik hasnt shown he knows how to draft or how to spend money appropriately so yes we might have that room, but we dont have an individual that can handle it.

Ill take the 2012 roster over the 2014, injuries to Revis, Holmes, Keller, Kerley is what honestly hurt us that season. Things would have been different if they didn't get hurt.