Give me your ideal mock draft Rds 1-4 and off-season signing

Discussion in 'Draft' started by rsc1589, Oct 6, 2014.

1. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

Sorry Jet fans, we just aren't talented as it looks this year. We do however have a prime opportunity to get big time FA's and have top picks in 2015 and with that can be right back in it. I am not sure of the numbers but we should be able to bring in two big FA's, maybe 3.

FA:
    1. Michael Crabtree: Just saying, he could be one of many WR we look at. Think he could use a change of scenery from SF. Is he Dez Bryant good? No. But him alongside Decker is nice. Keep Kerley in the slot and Amaro at TE and that is a nice air assault.

2.Byron Maxwell (Seattle)-He wont demand TOP TOP dollar but has still proven himself alongside Sherman. Good CB who could go well with Dee Milner. Still think we could even have enough money for another vet CB to sign.

Draft:
    Rd 1-Todd Gurley-He is that good. No need for Armani Cooper since we signed Crabtree.
    Rd 2-AJ Caan(Guard, South Carolina)-Super talent. Our OL is getting old.
    Rd 3-Stephone Anthony-(MLB Clemson), I am a Clemson alumn, Anthony very well could be a rd 2 kid, but he is super good, could be a good replacement for Harris.
    Rd 4-Quandry Diggs (CB texas)

QB-Geno Smith
    RB-Todd Gurley/Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell 3rd down
    FB-Bohanon
    WR-Decker, Crabtree, Kerley, (sign another vet or 2)
    TE-Amaro/Cumberland
    Line: Brick-Caan-Mangold-FA/Colon-Giacomini

wilk-snacks-richardson
    coples-anthony-davis-pace
    maxwell-pryor-allen-milner

IMO that is a huge upgrade. Just speculating :)

#1 rsc1589, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Free Agency

- Darrelle Revis 3yr/25.5M
    - Mike Iupati 4yr/25.5M

Extend Mo Wilkerson, offer Kerley an extension but I think he ends up elsewhere.

Draft

1. Cedric Ogbuehi (OT, Texas A&M) - him and Iupati solidify our OL.
    2. Jaelen Strong or Kevin White (WR, Arizona St and WVU) - whichever is available, both are great
    3. AJ Johnson (ILB, Tennessee) - David Harris replacement
    4. Tyler Lockett (WR, Kansas St) - new punt returner or potential Kerley replacement if we lose him.

All very early still.

3. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Signing just one WR is what the JETS did with DECKER and look at how this season is playing out. Yeah they ended up drafting two WR's in the fourth round, with one on IR and the other in Arizona on their practice squad, and you don't want to repeat the same mistake again.

Gurley is a BEAST right now but the O-Line is struggling to open holes for Ivory. A #1 WR is the top priority in the draft when it comes the first two rounds and nothing else is more important at this point.

People will be screaming we need a QB, we need a QB, but we need CAPABLE WR's that can get open, stay healthy, and produce. Grabbing one free agent isn't going to be enough.

4. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

I would sign up for that in a heartbeat, if it were possible.

5. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Lol Revis is a mercenary. No way he makes less Than 13mm on a 1yr deal

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He took 12M this year and isn't living up to expectations. I think he will be 30 next year wouldn't give him more than 9M a year.

#6 Ozymandias, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  7. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Revis will never be a Jet again.

Burnz likes this.
  8. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Mike Iupati and Shane Vereen on offense. Vereen would be nice compliment to Ivory. The only WRs I like are Dez and DT are they won't hit FA. Crabtree is oft-injured, Torrey Smith is WR2 like Decker, Cobb is good but is undersized so not worth big contract. Small WRs like that need you to scheme them plays to score TDs, unlike freaks like DT/Dez.

As for the draft, how do you not go OT like the kid from A&M? If WR, then yes Cooper or Funchess or whomever, maybe second round Strong or DeVante Parker.

I don't follow the draft that much I just know the skill positions. The RB class is deep and you should never overdraft one. Case in point: Brandon Oliver was a UDFA. Isaiah Crowell UDFA. Andre Williams mid-round pick, Alf Morris 6th round pick I think.

First round RB is not what this team needs. It's nice for us who like offensive skill players as prospects but not for sustainable success. It's a luxury pick.

The biggest issue facing the Jets is at QB. Outside of Mariotta I'm not sure you can bank on anyone else in the Top 10. And once you get in the 2nd round all bets are off!

9. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Iupati and Justin Houston should be at the top of Idzik's FA list. Then drafting a true FS to shift Pryor over to his more natural SS position, WR that has true #1 potential, and more depth at all 3 LB positions along with OT depth as well.

Mike Iupati OG
    Justin Houston OLB
    Torrey Smith WR

If Idzik somehow Maddened his way to this FA haul I can forgive him for this disastrous draft he put together this past offseason.

10. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

I don't think Revis will ever be a Jet again, simple as that

M00ndawg likes this.
  11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Drafting a running back in the first round would be just as bad as drafting a defensive lineman. Not only does no one take them in the 1st anymore we have a great group already. We need to address the CB/OL/WR In free agency and rounds 1-3 no matter what.

TNJet likes this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

FA:
    DE/OLB Greg Hardy Carolina Panthers (Pace out)
    OG John Jerry New York Giants (Colon out)
    CB Bradley Fletcher Philadelphia Eagles (Wilson out, Walls moves to nickel)
    ILB Rey Maualuga Cincinnati Bengals (Harris out)

Draft:
    Rd 1
    QB Marcus Mariota Oregon

Rd 2
    WR Dhaquille Williams Auburn

Rd 3
    WR Kasen Williams Washington

Rd 4
    RB Jay Ajayi Boise St

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

My ideal mock draft begins and ends here.

_

KY Jets Fan and BleedGreen89 like this.
  14. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Hardy looks like he's going to prison. Maualuga is consistently one of the worst ILB in the league every year. He'd be a downgrade on Harris.

almbleamal likes this.
  15. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Rd 1 - top 5/Cooper , outside top 5/Gurley
    Rd 2 - Rashad Greene if we miss out on Cooper..TJ Yeldon if we miss out on Gurley

Either way I want PLAYMAKER/PLAYMAKER back to back

Rd 3 I could get behind picking Dorial Green-Beckham.

No defense..pleaseee no defense. Hopefully Milliner and Pryor develop and we sign Bryon Maxwell

Use the rest of the picks on o-line.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Offensive line and CB's....Get Allen in to the Safety position he belongs in.
    I'm not up on the draft yet or free agents for next year but the focus HAS to be on OL and CB. If you can't defend the pass you lose.
    If your O-line can't protect the passer and is often getting beat on the run blocking YOU LOSE.

Dallas, god I hate Dallas, finally figured out that you can have really good players at the skill positions but if your O-line is crap so is your team.

17. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

Doubt we get him, we will win a few games to end the year, he is going to
    Allen and Pryor are both SS right?

We need playmakers. DGB would be great...EVEN if we do get Cooper rd1. Never have enough WR.

18. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

He isn't living up to expectations? Says who?

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Allen has shown he can cover, just not as a CB covering the speedy guys. He's shown good learned instincts, but he gets blown out by speedy WR's. I'd have no problem with him playing centerfield.

20. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

would be sooooo pumped to get DGB. I know he has off the field issues, but believe it or not his ceiling is higher than cooper's is. he is a bit more raw, but in no means is he very raw, we are looking at a kid world's away in development from (dare i say his name) stephen hill. Plus the off the field issues would make it so we could probably get him in the second(doubt the third... he has that much potential). Would like to get ogbuehi in the first, him in the second.
    sign iupati, byron maxwell, justin houston and maybe another receiver.

Also depending on what happens with antonio allen and if the FO decides to put pryor at his more natural SS position I think Landon collins could be interesting. Hearing a lot of hype for him.