QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

I think it's apparent what we need

2. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

What is everyones opinion on Connor Cook?

3. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

HELL NO. Unless it is rd 3.

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

A first round pick for Cousins is ludicrous. He's a marginal talent, and the Jets first rounder this year will be a really high pick.

I would try and trade back to pick up an additional pick early on and address WR/OL/CB early on (Not a fan of Mariota and Winston). Grab a QB in the third or 4th.

Matty Jets likes this.
  5. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

NO QB this year. Hundley or Mariotta are really not that different than Geno...too many holes to fill IMO.

6. mikey

mikey Active Member

What's wrong with Cook?

7. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I would not go QB in Top 10 and we won't be bad enough to take Mariotta.
    Safest pick is the OT from Texas A&M.

almbleamal likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's not perfect as he still needs to work on things like his footwork and ability to throw on the run. I hope he returns for another collegiate season, but Cook has a lot of good attributes. He plays in a pro-style system, goes through his progressions and has a very strong arm. He makes good decisions with the ball and he has great size at 6'4 220. The NFL comparison going around the internet is Carson Palmer.

I've been watching MSU games a lot as of late, they got a great program down there. I like Cook over Winston for sure, Mariota has amazing potential but he lacks plenty of fundamentals. I would take Cook in 2016 and look to build the roster in 2015 if I had a say.

mikey likes this.
  9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

IF the Jets draft a QB it should be based on his pocket passing ability and his athletic ability should be 2nd. Being able to run adds another dimension to the offense, but if you can't pass out of the pocket all you have is Tebow part deux.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

If he declares, what would the consensus be on Dak Prescott?

KerleyFries likes this.
  11. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

I'd like to wait one more year and use the 1st two picks in 2015 at WR and OL. A couple of guys that are likely to come up in 2016 are Christian Hackenberg and Kenny Hill, should Geno continue to show himself to be incompetent with a little more talent around him after his 3rd season.

12. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Exactly then the team gets distracted trying to play its advantages, and trips over its own feet

13. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

I think the consensus would be hellfire, but I actually really like the guy. If you watch film on him he has incredible poise inside the pocket, and is obviously an incredible athlete. The guy has amazing leadership skills as well, after a bad drive he goes up to every single one of his teammates just to reassure them for the next drive.

14. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Plus if a QB is a run first or run Often QB and not comfortable as a pocket passer they will get hurt, only 2 QB's in the last few years that try to run variation of the read option and run often have stayed healthy and on the field (mostly), Kap and Wilson. Plus eventually those hits add up over the years and their mobility will drop, as will their value since they're taking the damage of an RB, or essentially so since all but the very stoutest QB is still lighter frame than the durable RB's. If they're not good in the pocket they're not much good. Give me a mobile QB who's comfortable in the pocket and always looking downfield but uses his athleticism when the situation dictates...like Smith in KC or Luck in Indy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Give me a QB that can take snaps from under center. Fukk the one dimensional shotgun formation shet.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm a fan as well. Awesome to watch.

17. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

what you guys think of bryce petty?

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Saw him play vs Notre Dame last season, was left very unimpressed as the Irish D really outplayed him and it was bad enough that Cook got the yank for Maxwell who basically locked the game up for Notre Dame. Missed throws, forces, a lot of bad plays. He finished with a 16/32 135 yd 1 TD performance.

But then again, its just one game and it was his first career road start so I don't want to shun the guy. Can't wait to see him play Notre Dame this year. He should stay for another year personally but if his stock is high might be too tempting for him.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He should stay for another year I agree, but Cook has been progressing each year, he looks much this year. He's got some good skill-sets you want in a QB that translate to the next level.

Stupid question, but do the Irish play the Spartans this season (don't see it on the schedule)? Last week of the season, Spartans and Penn State go at it. A lot of scouts will be at that game.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No you're right, the Spartans and Irish don't play each other this year. What a shame, that rivalry has produced so many close calls and great games. I'd rather play them than Northwestern, cmon. I heard Mayock say during the ND/Michigan game that the Irish will play the Spartans one final time.

EDIT: ND and MICH ST meet up for the 2016 season. Sucks.