The AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Sep 29, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Worst division in the NFL.

What's sad it's up for the taking and right now the Jets have no shot.

Brook! likes this.
  2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Thats not true. Two big keys to improving the season. Milliner coming in and being a good to very good corner and Geno turning it around.

This is assuming that they won't need 12 wins since the max that they can get now is 13 and that sure as hell aint happening. Not impossible but those do not look like your typical Patriots. However, before we write them off fully we should remember that weve probably written them off a few times i.e. 2008, 2011 when they lost 2 in a row before coming in and whooping the Jets ass on Sunday Night Football.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

The Patriots lose and we are talking about winning the division....

Meanwhile back at Florham Park.

[​IMG]

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Thats what pisses me off, this is the perfect time to strike lol

5. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it'll happen, but if we correct some issues the division could be there for us to take...... the Pats suck, and I'm not sold on the Bills or the Dolphins........

6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Gotta love an optimist.
    Buffalo is much like us, a hot mess. Miami could go either way, but the Pats are still pretty good.

7. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

very optimistic but at this point I can't see us beating teams in our division

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LOL, these threads are priceless, especially considering their is already 10 of the same 1 going, Patriots suck?

9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

There's no harm in being optimistic, its a welcomed attitude considering the norm around here. Jets look bad, but so does the rest of the division. Jets are only a game back right now. Having said that, if they dont cut down the turnovers they have no chance. Plus, we've only lost to NFC teams, which bodes well for us.

10. cbman13

I'm just trying to get some positive energy going... Too much negativity going on around the boards at the moment....

11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Nothing against you sir, but the we only lost to NFC teams bullshit as a positive is dumb as fuck. Yeah we lost to playoff teams. How does that make it look for for us in the post season, which we won't make it to.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the Bills and Dolphins fans are saying the same things about us. Namely, "I'm not sold on the Jets." Lol.

13. jcass10

Pretty sure you arent understanding my point. The Jets wont be competing with Packers/Lions/Bears for playoff spots. The Jets will be competing with San Diego, Kansas City, Buffalo, Miami and New England. Losing to AFC teams has far more negatives than losing to AFC teams. We dont want to lose all the tiebreakers and division games.

I'm not saying losing to just NFC teams is a good thing. But it is better than losing to the AFC teams we're competing with.

14. cbman13

Somebody going to win the Division........ And I'm calling it now, The Bengals are going to curb stomp the pats in prime time on Sunday night...,,,

15. slimjasi

Oh, I agree. The division is wide open.

As for the Pat-Bengals game, I'd be careful with that one. I have no doubt that the Bengals are a markedly better team than New England, but:

1) NFL Teams tend to rebound after getting blown out. (see Atlanta-Tampa, Tampa-Pitt from the last two weeks)

2) New England under Bellichick, in particular, has always been extremely good off of a loss.

Edit: The Pats will be reading and hearing all week that they are done, that Brady is washed up, and that they have no chance against the undefeated Bengals. I'm not saying they will definitely win, but I wouldn't be shocked at all. It's not a game I will be betting one way or another.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Lets not forget the NFL wants the Patriots in the mix.

17. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Yeah best case we limp into the playoffs and lose round 1. Them what? We keep a quarterback that hasn't shown so far that he can be the franchise guy we need? Playoff appearance would secure Rex's job for another year for sure, is that going to be the best thing for 2015? It's a little too early to tell in my opinion if Geno and Rex should be here next year. Squeezing into the playoffs based off a weak ass AFC isn't going to help us beat the NFC teams we just lost to.

18. jcass10

I want to make the playoffs. Jets fans know better than anyone what can happen once you get in. Once we get eliminated? Play the kids and tank the season. Until then, fight for the playoffs.

If you'd prefer to not make the playoffs because you dont think this current Jets team deserves to, thats your perogative. I for one will be rooting for this team to make the playoffs, until they're out of it.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

4 games into the season and somehow at 1-3 we still have a chance at the division (in theory). I hope the FO sees this, and makes a few changes to better the team.

Marty has to find a few plays to get us moving the ball, especially in the red zone. There has to be someone in the booth that can tell Rex when to take a friggin time out and when to challenge a call on the field. Rex needs to adjust his defense to the players we have, not the ones we had 2 years ago.

I don't think we have a great team, but in the playoffs anything can happen.

20. slimjasi

I basically agree with all of this.

I'm extremely cautious of writing off New England. They always play better as the season moves along. Their record after October under Bellichick is obscenely good (One of the marks of a great NFL coach). The only thing I will say though is that this feels different. They have some clear flaws, and eventually, father time guarantees us that one of these years they really will be done. No player or team dominates forever.