The AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Jets - @ Chargers, vs Broncos, @ Patriots, vs Bills
    Pats - vs Bengals, @ Bills, vs Bears, vs Broncos
    Dolphins - vs Packers, @ Bears, @ Jags, vs San Diego
    Bills - @ Lions, vs Pats, vs Vikings, vs Jets.

Jets - Loss, Loss, Win, Win (3-5)
    Pats - Loss, Win, Loss, Loss (3-5)
    Dolphins- Loss, Loss, Win, Loss (3-5)
    Bills - Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss (2-6)

I really think that the Jets, Pats, and Dolphins will be tied for first at 3-5 each at the halfway point. Pretty sad but I think that's the reality of the AFC East this year. Everyone sucks.

Brook! likes this.
  2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The same thing can be said for almost any team outside of maybe 2-3 teams as far as differences in records. If you really think the Jets have the best defense in the division then you are smoking some serious shit. They are average at best with linebackers who cant cover tight ends and the worst secondary in the NFL by far. I really question if you really even are trolling at this point too because "Geno has looked solid" is really baffling to see from anyone. Not even Genos family would be dumb enough to say he looked solid. Looking solid doesnt put you in the bottom 3-4 in the league in QBR. Being solid doesnt put you tied for the NFL lead in interceptions. I guess after watching how awful Sanchez was, Jet fans like you are used to seeing garbage play and thats all we've seen from Geno and Sanchez the last 4 years just about. As bad as those teams have looked, the Jets have looked even worse. We all have sang that same tune before regarding the Pats but they will turn it around like they always do and win the division. You are in for a rude awakening pretty soon if you expect the division to play out like your post suggests.

3. Superhippy

Geno has looked solid. He played a shitty game against the #1 defense in the NFL. So did Aaron Rodgers. So did Eli Manning. The 1st 3 games he had 3 interceptions, 1 was a great play by a hall of famer, 1 was because our guards fucking suck and let Geno get hit almost instantly, 1 was an awful pick 6. He's moved us down the field better this year than we have in half a decade. He needs to no doubt get much better in the red zone. There are 15 QB's this year that have thrown atleast 4 interceptions including Eli, Romo, Foles, Luck, Cutler, and Ryan. The Jets also have no less then a dozen drops this year. I'm not saying he has been great or even good, I said solid. He's moved the ball really well. He finds his receivers when they are open. He has a handful of fuck ups.

Jet fans are so shell shocked from the Sanchez years that Geno plays one rough game and everyone is chanting for Vick and calling Geno the worst QB in history. If Chad Pennington was starting out right now this fanbase would be running his ass off the field.

4. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

The Bills bench Manuel, The Dolphins were threatening to bench Tannehill, talks about benching Geno are surfacing, and Brady has looked less than average throughout 4 weeks of the season....... the AFC East is a mess right now, starting with QB position.

5. Superhippy

I can't believe I am defending Brady, but he's going to take a bunch of heat that's undeserved in the next few weeks. His offensive line is awful. His receivers may be even worse then the Jets. Gronk is a shell of himself. His RB's suck. The Pat's front 7 is the worst in football right now too.

Manuel was a stupid benching. He's struggling, no doubt, but to replace him with Kyle Orton is a panic move that a forever mediocre team like the Bills would make. They are just replacing a young inaccurate QB for an old one. It's the same problem with the Jets. We could put Vick in but essentially would be replacing the young turnover prone QB with the old turnover prone QB.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The intern who erased that tape on KC's defensive calls is toast.

7. Superhippy

Lmao. The Pats are really just that bad this year. Their front 7 is a disaster. When you are giving up 150+ yards rushing to the worst running team in the league (Miami), there's a problem. They beat the Vikings by alot, but the Vikings had 5 turnovers. The score was very misleading. When I saw them legit struggle at home with the Raiders though I knew there was a big problem. That Raider team will be lucky to win 2 games.

There next 9 games are against the Bengals, Bills, Jets, Bears, Broncos, Colts, Lions, Packers, and Chargers and I honestly could see them going 1-8 or 2-7. It's not like the Jets who are playing good teams tough, they are just shooting themselves in the foot and handing games away, they are just getting beat up in all 3 phases.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

JETS - W-L-L-W (3-5)
    Pats - L-L-W-L (3-5)

Dolls - L-L-W-L (3-5)
    Bills -L-W-W-L (4-4)

For some reason, I think the Bills will beat the Pats @ home this year..
    Also, The JETS are going to the WC at the perfect time... They get the W next week.

That said, We are 1-0 in the Division and 3 losses are from the NFC Norris... We can still do this as long as we kick ass in our Div and Conf.
    Season is 25% done, The Scrimmages are over... The run starts NOW!!

Axel3419 likes this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What makes you think WE will make Chiefs look like absolute shit? Shouldn't it be the other way around? HELLO?

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps saying we are playing Rivers!Manning!Brady! And they sound terrified when they say it.I would bet the house the Jets go 3-0 in the next 3 games

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I really think we might go 2-1 or better ,I hope we have some cold weather when Manning comes to town

12. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

How do you see us winning 2 of the next 4 games? I think possibly 1...and that's buffalo...at New England never bodes well for us at all with exception of the 2010 divisional playoff game. When under the Rex Ryan regime do you remember us going into foxboro and beating the pats in the regular season? I could understand if geno was improving and this team looked solid but with a lot of questions at qb and huge issues in the secondary I see us at 2-6 over the next 4 games, would not be shocked if we were 1-7. If we get destroyed by the chargers and geno turns the ball over we MUST start Vick going forward if this team has any chance to preserve the season. I miss you chad pennington

13. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

this isnt serious is it?

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

don't pile on New England yet. Going into KC is tough, especially on monday night. The wheels came off a bit, which is uncharacteristic, but lets not stick a fork in them.

It's just frustrating that Idzik sat idly by with all this cap space in a year in which the AFC East is there for the taking. And now you have Rex Ryan refusing to make changes as well.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Can I please have some of the weed you're smoking?

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

the afc least

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm getting a sense of 2009 when the whole world, including Rex, was throwing dirt on us only to have some luck down the road and a team that's just a little better than ppl realized.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Next 2 weeks will tell a lot about the division.

If we are still 1 or 2 games behind after next 2 weeks, I will be very positive about winning the division.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If the Jets can beat winning teams then I'd be happy to win the division, but if the Jets only beat also rans to get in to the playoffs then they're just a one and done team that's only there because the division sucks.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The reality is the Jets are 1-3 and with good Qb play are 3-1 at worst. Spin it anyway you want but that is the truth. Can Geno play better of course he can Sanchez did it in 2010 after some awful games.

You do not come back in the NFL going 1-5 with a team like the Jets have built. We have a better running game than 2010 the WR not as good because we had Braylon in 2010 the rest about the same. The difference is the NFL rules you have to score points to win games. A 21 point lead is not that big of lead when most offenses can score on every drive without a sack or penalty.

Going three and out is a death sentence in today's NFL and kicking field goals does not win you games. The Bills know this and are going to sit their young QB for a while. The Jets need more time I really hope Geno takes advantage becaue SD will score some points we need to also.