Fire everyone, cut everyone, blame everyone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

That's the Jet fan thought process, right?

There are some issues at play with the Jets. Geno turns the ball over too much, the redzone play calling hasn't been good, and our defense can't stop teams at the end of the half or the end of games.

But we played good enough to beat GB and Chicago and this team is not a complete disaster. We are a play or two away from winning these games.

I'm upset with a lot of the mistakes our team has made, but itst aftet games like this I'm embarassed to be a Jets fan. Not because of our team, but because of our fanabase.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Well I'm embarrassed to have a team with such a horrible secondary when we are in a passing league. Rex is suppose to be a great DC, well he has spent six straight 1st round picks on the defense and we suck vs the pass. Rex doesn't know how to change with the times and is stuck in the 80's/90's. I think we have a lot of talent on the Defense, but they can't hold their own, and I believe it is Rex's fault. The offense sucks, and that is on the FO/HC, they have ignored it for so long, no wonder it sucks. Our scouts should be fired ASAP, they couldn't find a gem if he was the only person standing in the room.

We are last in the Division and with the GM/HC we have, it is right where we will stay. We should have fired Rex last year, and why we hired that GM is beyond stupid.

3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

The turnover ratio is my biggest gripe. Besides the turnovers (or lack thereof), passing defense isnt nearly as bad as advertised. It isnt good, but it isnt awful.

Jets are 10th in passing yards against, 12th in average yards per passing play, and 12th in opposing completion %. Keep in mind this is against Rodgers/Cutler/Stafford. I'm not saying that we have a great passing defense. But we could be 3-1 if we had less a couple less turnovers and forced a couple more. We are 32nd in defensive INT's. That is where the disconnect is. We are leading the league INT's and last in the league in defensive INT's. Cant win that way.

Not a great pass D by any stretch, but not this legendarily bad pass defense people here think it is.

FJF likes this.
  4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Fact is, we didn't play well enough to beat Green bay or Chicago, we barley scrapped by Oakland. Almost wins, gets us nothing. We are not good in any area of the game. Our coaches seem clueless, our players can't handle the basic elements of the game...wait until the ball is snapped, block the guy in front of you and catch the ball. We are not "a play or two away" we are not a player or two away, we are not a year or two away.
    There are 25 teams that are a whole lot better than we are at this point.

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This is what I have been saying, but your words were more spot on. I blame the GM and Coaching Staff. We don't have the players and the coaches can't seem to mold the system around the players we do have.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Practically every game weekly in the NFL is decided by a play or 2. The key is getting that play or 2 in your favor. That's what separates good coaches from bad ones. As a fan base we shouldn't accept being a play or 2 away as acceptable, especially since that has been occurring way too often and there are potential remedies that are being overlooked.

and to the OP - every fan base reacts the same to losses, quit your bitchin' at least there is passion here.

7. jetsclaps

Stupidity is not passion.

Just look at the post above yours. The guy says we are not good in any area of the game.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

We really didn't though . . . We really didn't.

A play or two is the difference between winning and losing in today's parity-driven NFL. The good teams make those plays and the bad teams don't. We have certainly gotten some terrible breaks from bad officiating, but at the end of the day, we have done just enough to lose.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

OP - spot on.

Worst.Fanbase.Afteraloss

rohirrim665 likes this.
  10. jetsclaps

That's not true. The Jaguars have not been a play or two away from winning their games. Same with a majority of the other games.

Jets are in it every week. Geno's turnovers are killing us, no one is going to argue that. And our defense has given up big plays. But these are not "lack of talent" mistakes. We've beat ourselves with mental errors that CAN be corrected. Will they be? No one knows but I'm willing to let it play out this year. If these problems persist the whole year amd we go 6-10 then sure, get on Rex, get on Idzik, and get on Geno.

11. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

But I expect the Jets to compete, the good teams just find ways to win plain and simple

12. slimjasi

The Jaguars are terrible and worse than us, granted. But, you see this every year in today's NFL. There are always bad teams that lose a lot of close games. We are one of those bad teams right now. I'm sorry. I know it hurts. But, it's reality.

74 likes this.
  13. slimjasi

Yep. Just think of how many times you watch a Pats game and say to yourself: "Man, they were really lucky . . . they easily could have lost if only ________ would have happened . . . " Those couple of _______ plays are the difference between winning and losing in the NFL.

14. BrowningNagle

The Jaguars are the only example you have and they are horrendous so i'd call them an outlier.

There's what 12-15 games every week depending on bye weeks? I'd say of those about 9-10 on average of those games every week come down to 1 or 2 plays. That's the overwhelming majority. The fact that "the Jets are in it every week" doesn't mean shit. That's the bare minimum. We should expect at the very least that they will be in games every week.

We should be encouraged now that they aren't getting blown out? That's what this has come to? We can't criticize Rex Ryan because he's not getting his ass kicked week in and week out. Well that's encouraging!! (sarcasm)

74 likes this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

unfortunately we are not a good team yet..
    even still, i'm disappointed we didn't pull off at least one of these last 3 (especially the home games)

16. jetsclaps

There 12 games this week so far. Skins, panthers, bears, titans, raiders, jags, and saints were not even close to winning. That's 7/12

But you're missing the point completely. I'm not saying you can't criticize the Jets. I did it in the OP. I'm saying that Jets fans take it to the extreme, and then some. Our fans are embarrassing, there's no other way to put it.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You mean the fans you disagree with are embarrassing, to you. I assume you are not embarrassed by those who agree with you.

18. BrowningNagle

oh right you are just making a thread to bitch and cry about others. I guess I was missing the point completely. I thought we were actually going to try and talk about football games in this thread. guess not. Carry on with your crying bullshit.

19. jetsclaps

Correct. I'm embarassed by the ones who are idiots, not the rational fans.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets haven't caught many breaks this year and they've been in every game they've played. The QB situation is a defining element of the puzzle at this point. If Geno begins to play well then all the other problems will be a tempest in a teapot. If he doesn't, well the Jets are going to have to decide if it's worth it to go 5-11 to develop a 2nd round QB for the long term.

It's a real conundrum for them at this point.

I'm going to laugh really hard at the people bitching about the pass defense. The Jets have a middle of the pack pass defense at this point despite the fact that they've just faced Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford and nobody can run on them well.