Let's put the blame where it really belongs....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

So in the past 15 years, there have been just shy of 500 NFL rosters?

I bet if you rank those 500 rosters by the best 5 "WR's" that can be "imagined," the bolded one above ranks in the bottom 2%.

By NFL standards, it's absolutely, positively terrible.

Under what planet's moon has 2014 CJ shown the potential to split out wide and do something positive? Hasn't Stephen Hill finally taught even the stubbornest fans that anyone (that used to be) fast can't just strap on a helmet and be an effective WR?

#41 twown, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

So my statement is so untrue..let me ask you this..would you agree when Geno uses his legs more that those games have been his best games? If not...I have no idea what games you are watching..none. While you say in bold that you are not comparing him to Rodgers...I did the same thing by saying he is not a Wilson or Cap so please don't put words in my mouth. That would be like me quoting your post and saying "how can you compare him to Rodgers!!" That's wrong.

My point is simple...that if Geno wants to be a true effective QB...he will not do that by just staying the pocket. His best games have been when he tucks the ball in when IN TROUBLE AND NOTHING IS THERE...and goes for the sidelines..and rushes for 40 plus a game..not 100 yards a game. Im not saying he needs to be a Vick in his prime...but if anyone thinks that Geno will be a true pocket passer ALL THE TIME and be a real success, again his best games have been when he shows the total package.

And comparing his style to Rodgers and saying he is just a true pocket passer is leaving out what makes Rodgers a real superstar..that Rodgers is NOT a Manning or a Brady and is probably one of the most underrated scramblers in the NFL. Rodgers DOES use his legs a lot.

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Its pretty clear why Denver let Decker walk...he's made of glass, not explosive, a decent possession receiver at best that was more the product of having Peyton. Pretty clear why the Titans let CJ walk...he's lost more than a step and is a shell of the back that rushed for 2K. Other GMs have to just be laughing at our clueless idiot

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Decker may certainly be injury prone, but I completely disagree about him not being explosive. He has shown plenty of explosiveness in his limited time on the field so far. And he's not a product of Manning, he was solid with Tim Tebow throwing him the ball.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

And yet all the fans are bashing Idzik for not making enough moves in the secondary. Werent all those players let go for a reason as well?

6. jaywayne12

Agreed...he has shown he is for real. I mean..a hamstring? I hate when posters post about themselves with injuries but its the one injury I know way too much about. Tore the bastard right off the bone in college.

Its a brutal injury that comes from nowhere what it gets to that point. You can stretch etc...its brutal. He was smart...when its healing and you go out there an play, its a different kind of hurt..its normal what he felt. Its a healing hurt that can then turn back into a tear. You need to stretch to the point of pain and its actually good for it. Problem is that once you do it..its forever a problem. He will do it again either this year...or in 3 years. It never goes away totally. Once you feel the pull and Im sure that's what he felt, you are this close to it being a season long problem.

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Man I never thought I'd miss Cotch and Braylon so much lol

#47 Jetsfansince95, Sep 25, 2014
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How in the world is Decker injury prone? He has played in all 16 games outside of 14 his rookie year when he didn't really play anyway.

I'm thoroughly confused as to why people grasp at things like this because the guy pulled his hamstring he gets the injury prone stamp.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn so if you hurt your hamstring and come back early you are already labeled as injury prone?

Sheesh.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  10. jaywayne12

Yeah..I mean that injury..you cant label that under injury prone. That's desperate.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I just think Jets fans are sick and tired of our number 1 guys going down year after year

12. jaywayne12

I think for the most part, this team under Rex has had a lot of luck with injuries. The offensive line finishes the way it starts for the most part year in and year out. Pace and the linebackers have been pretty healthy. The Dline as long as Wilkerson is ok has been the same pretty much from start to finish. Same with the running backs pretty much.

Receivers have had a few hiccups but when you take the wimp Holmes out of the equation...only Nelson looks like he bangs up something every play but stays out there. The Jets have had a ton of luck when it comes to injuries.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Not true we were in scoring range. At worst we shouldve gotten 3 points. That red zone int left points on the field.

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

thank you! i was beginning to think that i was the only one who noticed ... this terrible decision but it didnt have much impact in the grand scheme of things

also, on the screen to ivory that got us to the two ... he catches the ball in the middle of the field with all of his blocks set up and he has a clear path to the end zone. for some reason, he decided to bounce it outside (he must have a rule that he has to break at least one tackle before scoring) ... marty has made a bunch of shitty red zone calls, but that was a beautiful call that should have led to a TD

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol at red zone int not having impact on score

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  16. jaywayne12

Guys what about the mental impact on the game..that we are coming and putting points on the board. What about the mindset of the Jets if we just put 3 on the board there. What about the mindset when we got the ball back, the feeling of uh oh..not again. And 3 points has no impact on the game...tie or win? Im a bit confused by this.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

look at what @truthbtold wrote, "fact is after the 2nd pick (5:10) we got the ball back ONE minute later (3:58)" ... if geno takes a sack first down, there would be just about as much time on the clock as when we got the ball back after the turnover. like i said, " it didnt have much impact in the grand scheme of things" ... stop trying to infer and learn to comprehend what youve read

i buy that it can have a mental impact on the game, but i dont think it did in this case ... we had a play drawn up that should have resulted in a TD. ivory made the wrong read, it happens ... then marty went full tard and went back to the same qb power draw that hasnt worked once this year

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's nothing more than excuse making for Geno. Of course a redzone turnover on first down has a huge impact on the final score. Any rationalization you wrap it up in and put a bow on is nothing more than excuses.

Stop making excuses for Geno and learn to accept the obvious for what it is. Laughable.

#58 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 25, 2014
  19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It is astonishing that someone could honestly attempt to claim that a red zone turnover in a one score game had no impact on the game's outcome.

_

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

While I'd agree that we overall lack talent on offense, it is simply riddiculous to say geno isnt one of, if not the biggest issue so far.

All but 1 of his turnovers has been the direct result of awful decision making. and all but 1 were avoidable. no matter what any of the other 10 guys are doing, if your QB is making poor decisions none of that matters