Week. 4- Lions @ NY Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Sep 23, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I think it was off by maybe 6 inches, and it wasn't enough proof to change the ruling on the field. I was so sure they were going to overturn it and that would be it.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The mistake your all making is viewing these teams/players as static. When in reality they become a moving living organism that changes shape purpose every 7 days.

The Jets who play the Lions will not be the same Jets you saw play the Bears.

That the best I can explain it.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess that explains why our amazing defensive line turned to mush in the second half of the past two games.

4. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I look for the Jets to win this. I'm 3-0 on picking Jets games so far in work poll.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No way Jets win this one.

Suh is licking his chops. Mark my words. Stafford won't be making as many mistakes as Geno does. Another loss in my book.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If we had corners and Allen was at Safety where he belongs and not at CB as an emergency level Pryor would be dandy and a strength....as it stands it's a totally different matter.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Lions don't run much anyway, they rank around 29th in the league in yards and they're also 15th in the league in total attempts, aka they don't run a lot. They are the best passing attack, by far, that the Jets have faced this season.

8. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Ebron is only going to play 15-20 snaps because he's too stupid to pick up more of the playbook.

I'm guessing Pettigrew plays most of the snaps to help with the ailing right side of the line.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Any chance the Jets could be so lucky and Calvin Johnson would have to sit out due to his ankle injury?

10. melvin2345

melvin2345 New Member

He missed two games last year because he took a pounding all year as the only real target for Stafford. There are more legitimate targets to throw to now. My guess is that if he isn't 100%, two things will happen.
    1) Caldwell will do his best to make sure that no one outside of the team knows that CJ is hurt
    2) He will play, hurt or not, because no matter his condition, when he's on the field, he demands the attention of 2 defenders. Even if they don't plan on throwing to him at all, he will open up the field for Tate, Bush, Fuller, etc..

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Like a bowl of corn flakes. Amazing to mush in 30 seconds.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Or maybe use him for the second half lol since he's usually good for half the game hehe

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

See idk, I think the Lions are kinda similar to the Bears. And despite the Jets handing the game to the bears, and having the refs screw over a touchdown, the Jets were like what, 10 yards away from basically tying it?

As long as we dont put ourselves in a 14-0 hole, I think we can win this game. Stafford will make mistakes, he will also make some really good deep throws. Ive watched Lions games but isnt Stafford kinda a different player on the road, he doesnt light it up as much? Any Lions fan care to input?

14. melvin2345

melvin2345 New Member

Stafford making mistakes really depends on his receivers. If he trusts them early on, he has no problem spreading the ball around. It's when receivers start to drop or tip passes that end up getting picked that he starts to fixate on Calvin Johnson. It's when he fixates on CJ that he gets himself into trouble. From what I've seen so far this season, Tate is the only one other than CJ that he trusts with the tough catches. He has gotten better about not forcing things like he did last year, but he still tries to do more than he should sometimes. Chucking the ball into the stands is sometimes the best option, and he apparently doesn't see it that way.

The other thing I've noticed too is that Lombardi seems to recognize when Stafford is starting to revert back to 2013, and will call runs and screens, and make the receivers stay home. It forces Stafford to forget about heaving it 50 yards and hope CJ is there to grab it.

Quite frankly, Detroit's offense hasn't really done squat since week 1. They move the ball seemingly at will, but can't seem to find the end zone. I think part of this is because Stafford knew his kicker couldn't hit a FG to save his grandma, so he tried too hard to force a TD, rather than play smart and take 3 if you have to.

On defense, not much to say. They remind me of the Bad News Bears. Outside of the front 4 and Levy, a bunch of 3rd stringers and practice squad players who somehow found a way to shut down the Packers. If that same defense shows up Sunday, the Lions have a real good shot at winning.

Lions best case scenario: Defense continues to play well, Offense finally comes to life, game gets ugly for the Jets pretty quickly.
    Lions worst case scenario: Defense comes back down to earth, Offense continues to move the ball but not score, Jets take an early lead and never look back.
    What I think will happen: Defense plays like they have all year, Offense sputters along, game is decided by 6 points or less. Flip a coin to predict who's in the lead when time expires.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hopefully stafford throws one or two of those gay-looking sidearmed interceptions that he likes to throw at an opportune time.

16. melvin2345

melvin2345 New Member

He's been pretty good about INTs this year. He's thrown 3. The first was tipped by Johnson trying to knock down a ball he knew he couldn't catch against Carolina. The second went through Fuller's hands against Green Bay. The third one he overthrew Johnson against Green Bay. His decision making and mechanics are better than last year, but sometimes crap just happens I guess.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ill be honest with ya to, through 3 weeks the Lions still appear to be the same old Lions. Schwartz is gone, Caldwell is in, but it still feels the same. If the Lions were the home team I would pick them in a heartbeat, but the Jets have had a tendency to play better at home. I think the Jets win by a FG but idk it might just be the desperation in me considering if the Jets fall to 1-3 our season is in jeopardy and might have to start looking toward 2015 in a matter of 11 days...... =/

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone point out the Lions 2 wins both AT HOME were over 10 points each? 1 loss was on the ROAD and a 17 point loss? Look for the Jets to pull this off.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

feels like a mus win game for us...home game, and cant afford to go 1-3 with whats ahead

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We could lose and still be in ok shape as long as we beat SD lose to Denver and beat NE and the Bills at home