Let's put the blame where it really belongs....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

His accuracy isn't as elite as Tajh Boyd's, that's for sure. Or any of the other 19 QBs that are infinitely better than Geno from the 2014 draft. He would've been lucky to even have been drafted if he entered this year's star-studded draft.

Anyways, pick-six was one of the worst decisions I've seen from a Jets QB in a long time, and that's saying something. Aside from that, I think he's been good this year. His INT against Woodson was just an elite play by an elite Hall of Famer. Don't care about his INT when he was slammed, that was 49% Winters' fault, 49% Sudfeld's fault, and 2% Geno's fault. The Nelson INT was a poor play all around, but if Nelson was even a below-average WR, he makes that an incompletion. Don't get me wrong, bad decision (and execution) all around, but 99% of the QBs in this league can make a decision like that (and do, even the elite ones) but they get away with it, because their WRs aren't total dog shit and would cause an incompletion there. Every time Geno makes a mistake, there is a 0% chance he's getting bailed out of it, because of the lack of talent in our receiving corps. Also, don't care about his fumble too much, that's on our own coaching staff for calling a designed fucking power run in the red zone.

#21 Matt4776, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If Decker could stay in the game this offense would look a lot diffrent in the redzone.Decker not being there is hurting us more then people realize.And why aren't we lining up Amaro and CJ as Wrs?Could you imagine a 5 WR set with Kerley,Decker,Amaro,Salas,and CJ? We would blow the top off the defense ,some one needs to fax this idea to Marty,even a 4 wr set with Decker,Amaro,CJ,and Kerley would be deadly.But we don't run plays like this we run trick plays with Vick.CJ can line up all over the field he has the hands the size and the speed but we don't use him like that

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Soooo who are you saying is to blame?

4. legler82

Ball should have never been thrown for sure but just like Sudfeld last week Nelson also needs to do better job at not letting the DB catch the ball.

5. legler82

As well he should as he knows those 2 would take an offensive P/I before letting a DB intercept the call.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can agree with some of this. But a fumble is inexcusable no matter what the playcall is. If he is going to run he has to protect the ball.

7. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Wow. I completely disagree with that. I think he is a pure pocket passer that has the ability to escape the pocket and run, but throwing on the run and rolling out is not his strength.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

no no jonnny...not throwing on the run or passing on the run....RUNNING. He needs to run and just not every other game. I dont think he is a great passer in the pocket...on the run...on the walk...he is a solid pocket passer..my point had nothing to do with passing. It had to do with him using his legs more and in games he does that..we do well...and in games he stays in the pocket and just forces the ball..he sucks.

My point behind Wilson if you watched the game was that he picked up 3 first down just rolling out and seeing nothing and picking up 5...6...7 yards...and out of bounds. If Geno is a pure pocket passer that never uses his legs if nothing is open...hes done...because something tells me Geno sees nothing open even when guys are open.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

GOD DAMNIT, I forgot this play was on first freaking down... oh why Geno why!

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Such a killer play

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Could have said it better. Sheldon Richardson's timeout during the Packer game shows how weak the coaching staff is. Did it not ever dawn on Rex and staff to tell the the players on day 1 of training camp that only the coaches on the sidelines should be calling timeout? Makes about as much sense as Rex naming Holmes team captain and then watching him melt down in the team huddle. Great leadership Rex.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm pretty sure that Sheldon knew that he wasn't supposed to call a timeout.

I'm also pretty sure that if he played on a team run by a disciplinarian, he wouldn't even have thought to do it.

13. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Geno is never going to be a consistently good starter in the NFL. Im not sure whether some of the fans on this board are just stubborn, they're related to Geno in some way, or maybe they're WVU fans the way they ardently defend him

legler82 and 74 like this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So would it be safe to say that our Wr's sans Kerley and Decker suck again? Seems like I saw this movie last year..

b.reyes16 likes this.
  15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

There's one thing that's been driving me crazy since Monday ----and you just made the same mistake ...

Am I the only person on earth who realizes the 2nd INT was completely irrelevant?? I keep hearing how Geno's INTs killed us, but the fact is after the 2nd pick (5:10) we got the ball back ONE minute later (3:58) in almost the same spot on the field. And four plays after that, we were on the 2 yard line. (helped by a big run by Geno that gave us 1st and goal on the 10).

The Pick 6 was an atrocious mistake, no doubt .... But the INT from the 18 yard line had no impact whatsoever on the outcome of the game.
    Bad throw, yes ---- ZERO IMPACT on the final score.

#35 truthbtold, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    All Gas No Shake likes this.
  16. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

This is just untrue. Geno can use his legs no doubt, but not like those guys. He is a pocket passer. That's what he was in college and that's what he'll be in the pros. His style is much more similar to Aaron Rodgers than it is Wilson/Kaepernick. NOT SAYING HE IS EVEN CLOSE TO THAT LEVEL, BUT SIMPLY HIS STYLE OF PLAY IS IN THE SAME MOLD (for those who are intellectually incapable of understanding this).

17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Yeah except last year if you traded Decker out for Holmes, and put Holmes in the game, they'd still suck.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno has a bad case of Eli Manning disease at this point. The malady that caused Manning to throw pick after pick after pick his first few seasons. He makes throws into heavy traffic that have no business leaving his hand. He makes throws where the upside is minimal and the risk is huge.

Eli, BTW, won two Super Bowls without ever getting fully cured of the disease. His performance the last couple of seasons is just Eli Manning disease at an advanced age.

What we need to see from Geno is the ability to lead TD drives consistently. That's what let Eli survive in the NFL.

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I think this is very fair, although I disagree about the last INT. I said in another post that there are some completions that cannot be made. maybe that ball is caught if Geno throws it higher and deeper, but there are some plays that just can't be made. For all of his confidence in his throwing, some throws are just off limits. And the Jet wideouts do stand and gawk. The best outcome of that play was the breaking up of the INT and that did not happen. I know he had no weapons but his game the other night was a bit of a step back. He had 4 or 5 throws that SHOULD have been intercepted. He has to get away from that. The Bear secondary had a lot of scrubs playing. Another secondary would have made it a nightmare night for Geno. But with that, people have to lighten up. Everybody, with an exception or two, says he looks better. Why can't they be a little patient. You don't have growing pains in your second year? You are a perfectly polished pro QB by year 2 or you are gone? Tony Romo throws interceptions like confetti.

#39 jdon, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yup. Geno has not shown he can finish----yet