Geno Smith Has To Be Perfect

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Geno is held to a terrible standard, the worst of any NFL QB

I won't say he's perfect or doesn't have to improve but the kid can't make mistakes without fans calling for him being benched

Let's start with the pick 6

On a screen pass if the safety comes in and takes it to the house that means someone whiffed on their assignment (COLON) it's not as if he threw it to a DLinemen

Ball play all in all but not all on him

Next holding the ball too long

Countless times I see guys posting he holds the ball too long and I laugh, Geno will throw the ball if someone was open

Then when he rushes and throws a bad pass or pick he gets blasted

He's young and still raw, let him develop

TutanKhaman and Axel3419 like this.
  2. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Thing is, there is zero patience for developing QBs in the NFL these days. The Redskins will move on from RGIII the more Cousins plays well, for example.

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

QB is the most cerebral position in sports. He doesn't have the intelligence. Its not there, and no amount of coaching or experience will change it. Let him finish the season and try again with someone else next draft in a deep QB class

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

He's young and raw. So is Stephen Hill.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

and that would be a good decision on their part

Red Menace likes this.
  6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. RG3 is a far superior player. He just can't stay on the field which is too bad. Cousins reminds me of Case Keenum last year.

TutanKhaman likes this.
  7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

That is very true. But moreso now than any other period young QB's are able to step in from day 1 and play well. Mostly because of the style of offense that colleges run and the way the NFL has given the quarterback a huge edge with the way penalties are called and restrictions put on defenses.

If a guy doesnt get it done by year 2 he most likely will never figure it out.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk. I think even if he was healthy he would be struggling. he set the league on fire with that read option offense his rookie year but because teams had never seen that before. Now they have caught up to him. Cousins has a brighter future in this league - just one guy's opinion

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I disagree but sadly we might not ever find out because RG3's health may keep him from ever getting close to his NFL potential.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There's 0 tolerance for being an idiot. You have to make better decisions with the ball and have a reason for the coaching staff to trust you.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would settle for not sucking giant horse cock, but whatever floats your boat. I swear some Jets fans are in love with the idea of having a terrible QB and just praying that someday that shit dick will have an epiphany and change his ways.

Not happening.

74 and mgjetman22 like this.
  12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Fans will ignore the positives and focus on the negatives and end results. And the media will start to fuel their fire. The media just likes to support whatever the best story is. They're going to push and push and push until it's an everyday question Rex has to answer.

At this point though the Jets just have to ignore that and do what they believe is right.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seems like we are doomed to suffer mediocre-to-terrible QB play until the end of time. And just to stay sane, people create rationale for why we should be happy to deal with it.

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

The statline wasnt nearly worst we've seen from Mark and Geno. Unfortunately he threw the two worst interceptions he could have.

300 yards 60% 1TD 2 INT's. I would have taken that stat line if the 2 interceptions werent fucking brutal lol.

15. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Not if we tank, get a top pick and draft Mariota. He's a faster more accurate Kaepernick without the me attitude. And I dont say this just because I root for Oregon. But we'll find a way to win 7 games, miss the playoffs and miss out on any of the good QB's coming out, mark my words

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

IDK if you believe in religion lol, but we need a messiah. Someone needs to join this front office and help scout for better players. Maybe he comes in a form as a coach.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we had a good QB that had no talent around him and everyone wanted him gone. the fan will want to push Geno out too, we have to allow young players to develop. If Namath had the same start to his career in this era fans would be bashing him and wanting him gone by year 3. Unless a QB stars from the beginning like a Marino, Ben, Wilson then fans have no patience and neither do teams.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Geno is a second round pick like Kellen Clemens, not a first round pick like Mark Sanchez. We don't have to keep all our eggs in that basket because the basket is golden plated.

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Geno's decision making is the big problem. I think he can move the ball with the offense, but he has to protect the ball more.

All Gas No Shake and The 1985er like this.
  20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

let's just keep starting over every few years, that seems to be a good model for building championship teams.