Week. 4- Lions @ NY Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Sep 23, 2014.

1. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Megatron, Stafford, Calvin .. etc

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dee Milliner, Antonio Allen double team and he still will get 10 receptions

3. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I would put Allen on Tate because Allen has shown great tackling ability and can limit Golden's YAC. Put Walls and a safety on Calvin for the majority of the game. We have the best run D in the NFL so stopping Bell and Bush shouldn't be too bad. I have a sneaky feeling a big game from Ebron is ahead.

4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I don't think losing this game means the end of the season. We have a really rough start to the season but we still have 2 games each against beatable Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots, and then games against the Titans, the Vikings, and Chiefs. I certainly don't expect to go 9-0 against these teams but none of them are as good as the Packers, Lions, Bears or Chargers. If we can pull out 1 win against the Lions or Chargers and be 2-3, we have a very legitimate chance to still finish with 9-10 wins and a playoff berth. Remember, the Patriots do not look like themselves. 9-7 could win the division if we have the tiebreaker on them.

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'm much less confident in our chances in this game than I was against the Bears. The Lions are inconsistent and can often struggle on the road, that's true, but do we match up well against their strengths and weaknesses? Their secondary seems a weakness, but are Geno and our receivers good enough to exploit it? It seems less likely than Stafford, Megatron & Tate exploiting our secondary if I'm honest. Their DLine looks a strength so how much success we'll have running the ball is questionable. While I'm sure we can limit their success running the ball, Bush is always a threat to break something and it's not something they have to rely heavily on, unlike us. I guess the big question is how much pressure we can get on Stafford. We're going to have to do that and play a pretty clean game to win this one.

legler82 likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced of this just yet,everyone said this about Marshall and Jeffrey

FJF likes this.
  7. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Bears are better than the Lions. The Lions lost 6 of their last 7 games when Cutler and Rodgers were knocked out

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Megatron >>> Injured Marshall + Injured Alshon

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Ignoring context, the numbers indicate that Stafford will put the ball up in the air. Someone in the secondary will have to have some key grabs if the Jets are going to win this one, though I don't really see it happening. (Might be post-game malaise though.)

Sent using Tapatalk

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Well hopefully Millner will play this week and show why we drafted him 9th overall,and shut out Megatron

11. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The question isn't weather or not we will win..... It's how big of a day megatron has against our joke of a secondary...,,,

12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

He woudnt be covering megatron.

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Lions are top 3 in every defensive category, the only team giving up less yards than us. Ruh-roh

14. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Suh vs winters is crazy

legler82 likes this.
  15. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

The others teams we've faced are terrible against the run, but Detroit is great against it. If Eric Decker is out, then I see little to no chance of us consistently moving the ball and Megatron will likely rip us a new one. 30-10 Detroit sorry for the pessimistic prediction, but the Jets' execution has been extremely poor plus we haven't been getting any help from the Refs at all. We need to execute flawlessly to win this one.

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It doesn't really matter that the teams we've been facing had bad run defenses since Marty decided not to exploit them

17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

We wont win until we play Buffalo. Maybe. This game on the road against one of the best offenses in the league is not what the doctor ordered. 1-3

18. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

we're staring down the barrel of 2-8 and thats assuming we can beat Buffalo. Does anyone think we're winning in San Diego, beating Manning or Brady and the Pats on a short week. Not in any reality

19. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

Over or under 2 Int's ? I'm going with the over. Geno sucks !!! Better than last year ? He was shit last year, he only sucks this year. Next year will just stink. So I guess that is better. What a shame we are wasting years off our good front seven with HORRIBLE QB play.

legler82 likes this.
  20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It's not on the road.