Geno is Sanchez 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Sep 22, 2014.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Sept 22, 2015: My daughter's 8th Birthday, and the day I officially jumped off the Geno Smith bandwagon.

2. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

At least it hockey season.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Geno has the most playoff wins in Jets history for a starting QB? I didn't know that.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

OMG - this again? Geno sucks...yes. But a) he's still developing; b) still needs better weapons.

Football is chess with big mountains of flesh and a pigskin. So yes, you put Geno in the shotgun, 4WR on the feild, and call a running play hoping you catch the opposition off guard. While I do want to see more runs, it should have been run more in the beginning instead of throwing more....but then the fans complain "why aren't they throwing more" So we (fanbase) will never be happy.

And while I was a Sanchez supporter - he isn't here anymore. Let it go or go watch Eagles games and hope for a Foles injury. Otherwise, pray to your god that Geno starts to improve drastically by the midpoint this year or we will have another QB project on our hands in a couple more years.

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Geno's game is very different from Sanchez'. Geno can actually complete short passes. He has a stronger arm. He runs better. He needs to cut down on stupid throws. He has definitely improved in some areas from last season. He has also shown improvement in some areas during this season. Last night, he smartly through away a few passes. He also smartly took a slide or a dive on a few occasions instead of getting hit.

#105 dmw, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He definitely had an up and down game. He did a lot of good things but his decision making is poor. He does look like an improved QB. But the dumb decisions has to be fixed.

CaneGreen likes this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Those 2 picks were atrocious and he missed a few throws, but he did a lot of good things too. The offense had a lot of life. Had they been able to punch in one or two of those red zone opportunities, this is a very different game.

Geno still has work to do, but he's definitely improved from last year. I'm not discouraged by him yet

CaneGreen and The 1985er like this.
  8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Hope you're not an Islanders fan

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think Geno has more talent then Sanchez. Better arm, more mobile, etc.

Geno can move the ball up and down the field but he's still very turnover prone. He needs to fix that or he isn't going to make it. He's got to cut his mistakes down. He has talent IMO

This receiving staff is the same as last year when you take Decker off the field. Nobody is going to be successful when you have to throw the ball to guys like Salas and Nelson all night. The receiving staff is built around 2 guys. Decker and Kerley and Decker is nursing a hamstring problem.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  10. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Import it from Seattle/CO and Stopped smoking weed 2 years ago Dabs are where its at lol

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

excellent.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's his decision-making though. If the play isn't there it isn't there.

Jetsfansince95 and slimjasi like this.
  13. slimjasi

Yep. A lack of quality receivers who fail to consistently get open does not excuse poor decisions.

CaneGreen likes this.
  14. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Geno makes Pennington a qb who couldn't throw further than 2 yards look like a hall of famer

15. slimjasi

Not this illogical bullshit again. Despite what many people love to claim, no quarterback has ANY wins in the NFL because football is a team sport and isn't fucking singles tennis.

CaneGreen, joe and 74 like this.
  16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Please, the biggest fact is the one you're leaving out - we haven't had an NFL caliber QB in 6 years. Alex Smith took his team to the playoffs last year with hot garbage as his receivers. Donnie Avery was his best weapon. LOL. Cam Newton took his team to the playoffs last year with 34 year old Steve Smith and Greg Olsen. Rivers did it with 34 year old Gates and a rookie Keenan Allen. Luck did it with TY Hilton. Wilson and the hawks won the SB with Tate and Baldwin as his weapons. We can't score because our QB is one of the worst in the league.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This year to me was the big test in regards to Geno v Sanchez. I have to say, Mark was a better QB right now. Maybe not as talented, I can't pinpoint why. Geno has more talent - but he's making some awful mistakes.

Remember with Keller, Cotchery and Braylon - Mark just completed his 2nd straight game with 3 TD passes.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think Geno Sucks dicks but I also wish Jets Insider hadn't gone away.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha, it just had to be said.

20. slimjasi

It was a meaningless point, but if you felt like you had to write it . . . good for you :)