Predict our record over the next 5 games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking 3-2

I feel pretty confident about Chicago coming into Metlife, I think our defense is going to be hungry after Sunday, and I think Cutler will be running for his life. I also have to think Dee will be a week healthier, and we should be able to run on them pretty well.

I think the Lions are good but I think the reason they looked amazing is because they were playing the Giants. Since they are coming into our house, I think it will be a very close competitive game but I think home field advantage will give us the edge. I don't think this will be a pretty game, because both of our defensive fronts are very very good. Since I think we have the edge with home field, that puts us at 3-1.

Since we have to do this based on both teams having all the players that are currently healthy still be healthy, I have to give the Chargers the win at home. I think they aren't a very deep team however, so I feel that if you take the average injury rate for an NFL team, we may be better off than them by 3 weeks from now because I feel we are a significantly deeper team. Assuming they stay relatively healthy, I think they win putting us at 3-2.

I think the Jets will have already made the league take notice when we play the Bears on MNF, and Denver has shown they are beatable. We may not sack Peyton like crazy, but I think we will be very successful at hurrying him and forcing him to throw the ball away. Antonio Allen should be able to cover Julius Thomas, and Milliner should be healthy enough to give Demaryius Thomas a pretty hard time. I think we beat Denver when they come to our house, setting up a TNF game in Foxborough for the division lead.

Traveling to Foxborough on a short week will be really tough, but we will be a 4-2 team facing a 4-2 Patriots team for the division lead. I think the Patriots will beat OAK, KC, lose to CIN, and then beat BUF giving us an identical record. Buffalo may also be at 4-2, making the AFC East a genuinely interesting race for the first time in a while. Buffalo has to play SD, HOU, DET, NE up to this point, so assuming they lose to NE and DET that gives them the same record as well. I believe the Dolphins will be 3-2 at this point; I think they beat the Chiefs and Raiders, have their bye, and then lose to GB.

I'm only predicting up to this point, since injuries play a key role and I don't feel like there is a reasonable judgement call to be made 5 weeks from now. Every team will have injuries by then, and it depends on who those injuries happen to.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bears - W
    Lions - L
    Chargers - W
    Broncos - L
    Patriots - W

Looking at 4-3.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

W Bears
    L Lions
    L @ Chargers
    L Broncos
    W @ Patriots

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

2-3 is the logical choice, but I'm going 3-2 anyway. Bears and Lions.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't see us losing to the Lions. They just got spanked by the Panthers. If you shut down their run game, you beat them, which is exactly what our defense is good at.

Calvin Johnson still had 80+ yards against Carolina, but the backs ran for a combined 60 yards or so.

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I am going to go ahead and take this one game at a time... Lets get a W against the Bears Monday night...

And ^^^^^???? you are nuts if you think we can't lose to the Lions.. Megatron and company are going to have career days against this piecemeal secondary we are fielding.

NYJetsO12 and DMarsh6 like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

We haven't won back to back games in yrs, that's one of my mindsets. Plus the front 7 of the Lions goes after the QB pretty well.

8. Falco21

I don't think so. Detroit had almost 300 yards in the air on Sunday. Their run game had only 70.

I was just listening to a Reggie Bush interview and he pointed that out exactly. Said they shut down our running game completely and forced the passing.

9. Falco21

Ah, ok.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think that we can't lose against the Lions, but Masterblaster is easily the most flappable QB we are going to face in the coming 5 weeks.

#30 abyzmul, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

That was the one I was most conflicted on. I could see us shutting them down like that but I can also see our secondary getting torched. After the Bears game we will have a better idea. I don't take too much stock with home field advantage except against Dome teams so we have that going for us.

12. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

If we don't do something about it corners I say 0 and 5

13. 101GangGreen101

We will either lose to the Lions or Bears in my opinion. Lions scare me more because of their Front 7. Bears players are dropping like flies.

Cutler has raped us in the past so it's tough to say.

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Have you seen the backups they still look better than us and their receiving corw at 50% is better than ours at 100. Meanwhile lets pray that Decker plays.

15. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

2-3 looks about right.

17. max

max Active Member

Over this stretch is it better to go 3-2 beating the bears and lions (NFC) plus 1 AFC team or 2-3 beating 2 afc teams?

Think long term

18. Jay Bizniss

Which plays directly into our biggest weakness... Unless we get pressure on Stafford I just do not see who on the Jets as of 9/16/2014 is covering Megatron, Tate III, and Ebron... Just can't see it.. Maybe Revis comes back?

19. Jay Bizniss

If we could choose, we need to win the AFC games as they are more important in terms of playoff tie-breakers...

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why anyone thinks beating the Chargers in SD is a cakewalk.

That is a pretty decent team.

_