2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...n-bay-packers&id=12984&src=desktop&rand=ref~{"ref"%3A"http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FJNLEGllgzG"%7D

GREEN BAY, Wis. – If Ha Ha Clinton-Dix brings a little extra punch to Sunday's game against the New York Jets, the reason could be Rex Ryan.

The Jets coach on Wednesday offered a no-nonsense explanation for why his team passed on Clinton-Dix and picked another safety, Calvin Pryor, in the first round of this year's draft.

"We would have been happy with either guy, but I took the guy who will knock your face in," Ryan said on a conference call with reporters at Lambeau Field.

The Green Bay Packers picked Clinton-Dix three spots later, at No. 21 overall. The two will face off Sunday at Lambeau Field.

"If that's what they thought, then, hey that's up to them and I'm going to show them," Clinton-Dix said Wednesday when told of Ryan's comments.

Talk of Pryor's big-hitting ability is nothing new. Even Clinton-Dix noted it back in February at the scouting combine, saying even he can't hit like Pryor did in college at Louisville. The two have a long-standing, but friendly rivalry dating to their high school days as standouts in Florida. On Wednesday, Clinton-Dix said he has remained in regular contact with Pryor.

"I'm happy for him, and he's happy for me," Clinton-Dix said.

But Clinton-Dix wasn't happy with his performance in last week's loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Although he recorded the team's only sack, he missed three tackles, including one in the open field that would have saved a touchdown.

Meanwhile, Pryor started for the Jets, had two tackles and two pass breakups, although he did not deliver any big hits.

"Can't take that away from him; he's a heck of a hitter," Clinton-Dix said. "He's not afraid to stick his nose in there any time of the day. He's a great ball player."

When asked if he's a hard hitter, too, Clinton-Dix said: "No doubt and you're going to see it. Week in and week out, as I get my chance to come up and make those big hits, it will happen. That time will come."

Oh man, jets players are shaking in their boots. Bring it on HaHa

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Within an hour of this coming out, 9 Jet players took themselves out of Sunday's game against the Pack due to 'hamstring tightness': Decker, Nelson, Kerley, Ivory, Johnson, Powell, Cumberland, and Amaro are all out for the game.

None of them dare step foot on a field that Ha-Ha is paroling.

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Decker, Kerley and Johnson opt to retire, citing "psychological instability".

b.reyes16 likes this.
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Eddie Lacy in full pads today (Thursday). Looks like he will play.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

With our run defense, it really shouldn't matter. The big loss was their tackle IMO.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

True. But Lacy is pretty solid. It would be one less weapon for Mr. Rodgers if he he was out.

7. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

You can look at it two ways. One they have another one of their weapons back on the field that has had success. Two they will be more dedicated to the run which spells good news for us.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

hes also a good third down back both receiving and blocking

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

On my way to Chicago for business. I saw 3 seperate group of people with their Jets gear on. Asked them if they were heading to Green Bay game and they said Yes. Too bad I need to come back tomorrow. I wishh I could stay two more days and attend the Green Bay game. Well, next time.

I am pretty pumped already. I hope we can steal a win.

10. rick34125

rick34125 Member

calvin pryor will get his pick 6 this week :)

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

It would be damn good if we get out of there 2-0

NYJetsO12 and JetLifeLo like this.
  12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Hell yeah esp. since gaytriot fans swear up and down A-Rod is about to rip us to shreds... If we beat the packers the Pats better be fucking shaking scared! Esp After AP runs for 175 on them sunday.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Jets need to play a solid, not spectacular, but almost mistake free game and win the turn over battle. I think we have the horses to make it a tough game and probably be within a field goal going into the 4th quarter. I'm worried about our OL propensity for penalties at the worse time. If we keep our poise and avoid mistakes, and minimize those
    God awful holding penalties we have a hell of a shot.

All Gas No Shake and dawinner127 like this.
  15. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

Trust me I am scared of this game myself.
    If were 0-2 going into Detroit. That would be a knockout punch for us I am afraid. The Jets too kind of have our number or have had it in the past.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Vegas line is at -8, with O/U at 46. They are looking at 27-20 Packers.

I am not sold on Geno's performance [personally think that's where the crack will come from.] so I still think Packers win this one.

17. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Here's the stat and main reason why I am really not worried about Rodgers in this game.

- So far in the 2014 season the Team that rushes for the most yards has gone 13-4.
    - So far in the 2014 season the Team that passes for the most yards has gone 9-8.

This to me is how I see the statlines playing out.
    - Rodgers - 300 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT.
    - Smith - 230 yards, 1 TD , 1 INT
    - Ivory + CJ2K + Powell - 210 yards, 2 TD's
    - Lacy + Starks + Kuhn - 72 yards, 1 TD

Rodgers outplays Smith, but by not nearly as much as our running game outplays their running game. This leads to a field goal try or two more then the Packers, which will lead to the Jets win.

The Jets also CANNOT have more then 1 turnover and 55 penalty yards. The Pack will have that too and it will be a wash but if they have any more then that the Pack will win.

18. Superhippy

Patriot fans should know better. The Jets gave Brady 2 of the worst games of his entire career last year, and now more and more teams are using the Jets model to beat them. Stop all of Brady's passes that are 5 yards or shorter and he's done. His deep pass accuracy is shot. He was 2 of 18 on passes over 12 yards last week.

Either way the Jets are designed to beat teams like the Patriots, Saints, and Packers. The Jets stuff the run game so badly that those type of teams just give up on it and then they become one dimensional. Against Rex Ryan, once that happens your fucked. The QB ends up spending most of their time at the line of scrimmage trying to figure out who the hell is blitzing or backing into coverage and it gets them completely out of sync.

Br4d and JetLifeLo like this.
  19. Superhippy

Here's another stat to throw out there that will make things interesting on Sunday.

- 6 Teams in Week 1 had 30 or less pass attempts. Seahawks, Vikings, Jets, Bills, Texans, 49er's. All 6 won.

- 13 Teams in Week 1 ran the ball atleast 30 times. 12 of those teams won. The 1 team that lost? The Browns who were getting their ass kicked at halftime 27-3, and then in the 1st 22 minutes of the 2nd half ran the ball 18 times and were able to tie the game 27-27 and almost pulled off one of the greatest comebacks we have seen in a long time.

Moral of the Story. Run the fucking football. Win the fucking football game. Passing league my ass.

Br4d, JetLifeLo, Axel3419 and 3 others like this.
  20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

"Only three things can happen when you pass. Two of them are bad."

- Woody Hayes.

NYJetsO12 likes this.