2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's pretty good. I might take it. Even though the Jets butt hole drilled me last week.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The McElroy game in 2012.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yep that's the game Mcelroy started I'm pretty sure.
    Edit: fuckin byz

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

McElroy didn't start the game. He came in with the Jets down 6-0 in the 4th quarter after Sanchez had thrown 3 Int's. McElroy led the Jets to their lone score, which was enough to win the game with Arizona QB Ryan Lindley struggling horribly as well.

A couple of weeks l.ater the Jets lost 14-10 to the Titans with Sanchez throwing 4 picks and losing a fumble and the Sanchez era was over.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya.

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Im interested in seeing how Sheldon will perform this weekend. He was getting bitched around vs the Raiders for long stretches at a time. Idk if he was in some type of pain or what but it wasnt the sheldon i knew. He wasnt "D'ROY". Some plays he seen the double team coming and just took off the play. One of those plays where he took off their tackle came up and put a good hit on sheldon and he didnt even retaliate. Did he even record a tackle? Hope he comes to play next game.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Richardson had a very good game on Sunday. Nobody ran through his gap successfully and he consistently applied pressure on Carr. It didn't turn into big numbers but it was a good game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You nailed it.

The Jets have been built to defeat a team with a franchise QB (hint hint) by: 1) Crushing the run game and forcing said franchise QB into 1 dimension. 2) crush that dimension.

There is only one guarantee in the NFL: If your team can't stop the run and pester the passer, you will lose 95% of your games. But if you can, it's closer to 50:50 against anybody, even the best.

My best guess: Low scoring game that will be tied heading into the 4th qtr.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Aren't one of the -2's against the Jets?

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

'
    I didnt see anybody else complaining about it so i figured it may have been something i just was looking too hard at. They cant be in beast mode every single play i guess. I seen him getting bullied on some plays though and i didnt like it one bit lol.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, the line said -8; with O/U at 46. They are seeing some 27-20 game by GB, I believe.

I think it remains to be seen, but Jets should have an easier time on offense this week. With Raji off to IR, the ILBs would have to adjust their depth; ideally they should be playing 4-6 yards behind LoS, but with NT gone, that is inviting merciless blocks from OLs. If the ILBs creep up to the LoS, then there should be sufficient space between ILBs and safeties to exploit. [Yeah. Amaro time.]

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

AJ Hawk is such trash, we better exploit him with Cumberland and Amaro.

13. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

No, The Jets last played the Packers at Giants stadium in 2010 which we lost 9-0, and before that was 4 years prior 2006 in Green Bay but Favre was still playing then.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Damn. I missed one last golden opportunity.

Zach likes this.
  15. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic that Dee will be out there based on the press conference today, so I feel a bit better about the game. I think it worked out well, because I have a feeling they maybe would have rushed him a little more if we had played Green Bay week 1. I wonder whether they'll have him shadow Nelson when he's out there, or stick to one side.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hope overconfident Packer fans help push the spread to -12 by game time lol.

Jets can keep it close but maybe no victory cigar.

GB a better opponent and thus a better yardstick to possibly move up in power rankings.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm much more confident about winning this game now than I was when the schedule first came out. This Green Bay run defense really is atrocious and has been for over a year. There's no reason why we can't go on some long sustained drives against them. So much if it comes down to Geno doing a better job of taking care of the ball. Our D will get burned by a couple of big plays because that's what the Packers do --- especially at home ... But play in, play out we should be able to win in the trenches. I think we have better personnel than they do on both lines. Their OL has been one of the biggest issues for them in the recent past and now Bulaga is banged up again. I think that helps us way more than the Lacey injury.

Rodgers will do what he does, but if we don't kill ourselves with idiotic penalties and turnovers, I strongly believe we'll be playing in a close game in the the final minutes with either team having a shot to win. I'm thinking the score will be something along the lines of 27-24.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

That would be nice.

19. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

I'm calling it now. Jets win. Giants too hopefully

20. Footballgod214

You can thank Tom Brady, but Rex has built the Jets to defeat teams EXACTLY like the Packers. Dominant Franchise QB, decent WRs, avg running game, avg o-line, avg defense.

This game will be close and come down to Ref calls and that one lucky catch/break for what team I don't know.