2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That would be an absolutely awesome event !

Even if we lose by 6, Jets cover and make a statement we can challenge a playoff contender. Who says we can't try to be Seattle East lol.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I know bro but if I don't point out the Jets #1 Defense in week one I might not get another chance!

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

carr "torched us with 1:18 left against a soft zone in a 2 possession game. thats a little different than up 3 with 6:00 left.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck gets a lot of love because some people still put a premium on winning games. You say that "…this isn't basketball where one great player can change a 30-52 team into a 52-30 team in a season"; well Luck joined a 2-14 team and they proceeded to go 22-10 the next 2 years. If Luck is average I wonder what that makes Geno?

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

It's not that man. The media been on his jock since day one cuz he's a first round pick. Wilson won a SB. Foles had 27-2 TD to INT last year. They're both better QB's but you will hear nobody will concede that.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Just continue this in the other Luck thread. It's always a discussion, people overrate him so much that people want him to be bad and then underrate him.

I'm interested to see how the Jets contain Rodgers and do on broken plays. We saw one of the first plays of the Lions/Giants game, Stafford scrambled a bit and the secondary lost Calvin. With our youth in the secondary and unfamiliarity of players there, I'm afraid that might be the case for us. We also Rodfers attempt those type of passes against SEA. The Packers are going to have drives on our defense. I don't necessarily think run, run, run should be the strategy. If Geno is hitting on short passes and or passes in general, that moves the clock and keeps possession.

Also don't think the overload blitzes will help. Like I've mentioned before, I think Rodgers is good on the run/move so I wouldn't use those blitzes to force him to run to one side of the field because I think he won't be fooled by it

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

30 is post-prime. Some guys keep it together just fine after that but most coast downwards due to injuries and physical declines.

8. legler82

Hmm...Unless Wilson is packaged with Seattle's defense and Foles with Chip Kelly, I'll take Luck any day of the week and twice on Sundays. The Colts are likely vying for the number 1 overall pick next year w/o Luck. The same can't be said about Seattle and Philly respectively.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He took at least 10 points off the board between the fumble on the 4 and pushing the Jets out of FG range. I think the QBR was very fair. How many points do you think the QB's performance is worth in a game in isolation? -10 is a pretty big number in that context.

74 and legler82 like this.
  10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Oh yea... Cuz Matt Barkley looked so awesome with chip kelly - he can turn any QB into gold right... And oh yea cuz Charlie whitehurst, Matt Flynn and Tavaris Jackson looked so great in Seattle too, a great defense makes anyone look good - heck, just look at how great Geno was last year with only a good defense. That Andrew Luck though, MVP I tell ya.

11. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I don't know how the QBR is calculated. But I do know that QB is one of the few position on a football field where you can trust your eyes. And I saw an improvement. I think his mistakes can be corrected. Besides, the Packers "D" is hardly scary and the Jets will probably go run heavy this week any way.

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

So you think that Rodgers at 30 is done being the elite Qb he is known for being?

What do you think of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning then? They must be washed up.

soxxx likes this.
  13. legler82

What's your point? I never said Foles and Wilson suck, just that I would take Luck over them but thanks for clearing up the following:

Nick Foles > Matt Barkley
    Russell Wilson > Charlie whitehurst, Matt Flynn and Tavaris Jackson
    Geno > Matt Simms and Tajh Boyd

By the way my comment still holds true that the Eagles and Seahawks could still field a decent team w/o Wilson and Foles.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Isn't Rodgers shifted though since he doesn't have the wear and tear from early seasons like a lot of other QBs? (I'm guessing we are talking about Rodgers)

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

My point is that they're both better quarterbacks than Luck but you and most everyone else gives them very little credit and rates Luck much higher than them.

16. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

Eh, Luck over Wilson? Thats tough

17. legler82

Do you live in a world of extremes? How does me preferring Luck over Foles and Wilson equate "gives them very little credit and rates Luck much higher than them."?

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Rodgers is done, I dont really expect him to play at a very high level ever again. I think he will play how Matt Ryan has played, which isnt bad but not unstoppable.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Tell that to him yesterday.

20. legler82

Yeah it is. Luck over Foles is much easier IMO.