NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Seems like we fell in love w/ our early lucky breakaways and were trying the rest of the game to get another one....

I think it was Pouliot who was trying there and skated right by 2 KINGS not realizing Gerardi was on 1 Knee sucking dick..

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I just played it back and you are dead on..Pouliot skated right past the pinching defenseman. And you are dead on that the Rangers have fallen in love with the breakaway and don't get me wrong, its a great way to use your speed and keep their d from pinching. With a very good team though they will burn you if your defensemen play the way Girardi is playing..man..what happened to him.

Jake likes this.
  3. jaywayne12

Nash is playing like a real low budget go go dancer on her last leg dancing for quarters. His constant need to weave and dance when entering the zone even with a 3 on 2 is going to drive me to drink if I see it one more time.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The game in the 3rd was so bad for us...Man if Hagelin had scored in the third it would have been insane...We were playing really well except in the Third.

The first game in the Stanley Cup is hard, but after you get the feel of the other team and evaluate how shitty you were after going up it can help in the future games in terms of preparation.

2-0 and I really thought we could have made a big difference if Marty had scored too...Really hope we can get the win on Saturday. I'd say its vital we that

5. jaywayne12

Agreed Poe..man...Hags shorthanded with about a minute to go? Wow.

And on a side note. Was listening to ESPN radio a few days ago and a NHL guy was on and I think it was Kay asking him we know what MSG is like..what are the fans like out there and he noted we will be surprised what a great crowd that is.

Friggin laughable..laughable. Empty seats when they came on the air all over the place. Pin drop unless there is a good shot on net or a good hit..dead silence.

Watching the press conference and there are about 4 reporters literally on their knees blowing Doughty and Williams now. "you guys made some mistakes in your end early but still won...what does that say to how great a team you guys are".

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The Kings like to get physical and forecheck...We have to do the same and that can help our game if we are able to do that.

Unless the Kings get gassed or tired we need to play battle against the physicality and forecheck back.

Richards plays really weak out there now...His shot is so flat

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I thought Quick looked a bit shaky tonite, I think Lundquist will rise to the occasion in game 2 and pitch a shutout.

He looked much stronger than Quick tonite.

_

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

When we put a player in front of the net, there's no rebounds.

When we actually get rebounds, there's no one there to put them in.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's a long series. I don't think Quick is healthy. No way Lundquist loses 3 more games. He's too good.

_

10. jaywayne12

Yeah..agreed...but there are so many times we have nobody in front of the net courtesy of the cycling down low that requires 2 and 3 players. Unless a dman pinches.

I dont know..I just dont know. I really thought Girardi and Staal would bounce back. They provide nothing on offense too now..nothing. Staal would on occasion, join the play and had a good wrist shot and we remember some important goals Girardi has scored in the past.

Its not that we lost that through me for a loop this game but when weakness becomes your strength..when you get guys like Hags, Boyle etc playing over their heads but all of a sudden Richards aged another 10 years the past 2 series...I mean..hes done.

St Louis is all or nothing. Same with Brassard. Hey..its 1 game but Im not sure if this team can overcome so many guys playing below average.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel the opposite. King Henrik gave it his all tonight and the Rangers blew it. Could be a quick series.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Kings are bigger stronger, and deeper and wore the Rangers down. That's what happened. Getting outshot 20-3 in the third period of a tie game does not bode well for the Rangers.

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I see it as getting a hard lesson on who they're playing. We'll see if the Rangers can adapt and do what it takes. Kings are beasts, but they can be beat

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Really??????? He's that good? Seems to me that he has a history of losing 4 games in a seven game series. How many cups has the "king" won again?

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

he got caught on the winner, wasn't ready for the giveaway, so in that sense - no he didn't give it his all

16. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

The Rangers just played a bad game. They were too over reliant on long passes where they can use their speed and get in behind the Kings defense. The Rangers need to get more out of their puck possession. In the first and second periods, the Rangers had a lot of the puck, but did nothing with it. A lot of missed chances. When it got to the third, the Rangers just abandoned that strategy and sat back and were dominated.

Overall, it was a badly played game. Only one of the five goals in the game was from a nice offensive play that the defense couldn't do anything about.

17. Sanchize0829

Hank wasn't bad, but he definitely could have been better. The Doughty goal went right through him and the game winner was another savable goal.

Quick played better than Lundqvist. He made all the saves that you would expect him to make, and that stop on Hagelin at the end of the 3rd period was enormous for the Kings. He had some big saves that he needed to make in the first and the second, and he made them.

18. Sanchize0829

Game Two is a must win game. The Rangers can't go back to MSG and expect that they will just take two games and send the series back to LA at 2-2.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Girardi, Diaz and Nash were horrible, we stopped skating after the 1st period...in the 1st period and thru a better part of the game the Kings had trouble with Pou, Hags and Kreids speed, need to exploit that more

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Overstated they looked like shit when we were playing our speed game, they won in OT at home, 90% of the shots in the 3rd period were bad angle, perimeter shots, they never really had sustained pressure...Doughty gave the puck away 10 times in his own zone...if this series goes long look for Kreider to wear out Doughty