17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sorry, barbecuing in the backyard does not replace tailgating within view of the stadium with 50,000 other Jet fans. And watching 8 road games and going to 8 road games is the perfect balance for me. I get sick of watching the Jets on Tv after a couple games in a row and look forward to watching them on TV after 2 consecutive home games. Its the Yin n Yang of NFL

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

so buy a parking pass and enjoy

like I said, people still want to go, but it's no longer at any price

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I would never just tailgate and leave. Its still about the going to the game, everything else is secondary. I don't think this is about $, its about having enough of the losing, you are getting older and sick of the season ending without a championship. At some point, you want a return on your investment which is time and dedication. The stadium pushed you over the top, but if the Jets delivered a Super Bowl every 10 years, the place would seem a lot nicer... Its something I debate every year, and I think this is my last run with the GM/Coach/QB. I am giving these guys 3 years and I am done, not up for another restart. I really believe with the new GM, this is it. We are going to the promised land twice in the next 4 years. If I didn't then I would be gone already. Keep hope alive. Take that Champ!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18503 sec314, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Naturally while I would love to see it occur I am sorry to say U R still sitting in fantasy land as I already penciled in this year as just another non winning SB year. Then next year we will have a the least a new HC so chalk up another non SB winning season. Then the year after that some of our long of the tooth players like Mangold & Fergy need replacing so that means another non winning SB season which equates to 0-4 in the next 4 years :mad:

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

champ

If so, why do you still have Jets season tix even though you don't live in the area anymore? Wouldn't it make sense for you to drop the tix and stop watching the Jets for the next 4 years?

6. championjets69

My friend from next door to me when I lived in NJ rents them from each & every year @ face value so I am out of pocket zero dollars. ICUWTK at one time I held 12 seats but over time those renters dropped out due to the non winning of a SB so now all I have are 2 seats:mad:

7. Brook!

Again, your neighbor can go and pick up the seats from Jets directly anyway.Why go thru the hassle of exchanging tickets and money etc.

If you are so sure about us not doing anything significant for the next years, drop the tickets and let your neighbor worry about finding his tickets. If not, maybe you should stop using your season tix in arguments. What do you say? :)

8. championjets69

This discussion is over cause U really do not give a hoot one bit why I have the tix. Common sense however will tell U that there has to be some reason my friend wants to use my tix. If U are also attempting to get me off the board banish that thought immediately from your mind :mad:

9. Brook!

What does have to do with anything champ? :)

All I am saying is, give up your tix because Jets won't win anything next 4 years and you are already out of the area to attend games. As for your neighbor, right now he can get any seat he wants from upper deck as Jets are having tough time selling them.

Like I said, I hate that you use your season tix to say how you are dedicated to Jets but then rain on anybody who enjoy going games etc. If you don't have anything positive to say about this season tix, maybe you should refrain even writing to this thread.

10. championjets69

Look it is real simple I am not out 1 penny so if my friend wants to retain my seats why not? Do U get it now it cost me NOTHING to keep my seats as my friend covers all the costs. Maybe since he has using them since Met Life opened he likes the seats since they are FR sideline seats in the UD & the view from them is top notch. Now please move along & stop worrying about me since I am more then capable to take care of my self. BTW how many years have U been a fan without seeing us win the SB? That question is way, way, way,way more important then why do I retain my seats :mad:

11. championjets69

By urging me to give up my tix IMHO U R attempting to discredit me. Oh yes the NYJs rain on mine & my sons parade as well as I watch them every game via Direct TV Sunday Tix. I think U are taking out your frustration on NYJs on me when you should be directing your ammo to that wonderful bird brain owner named Woody who is the ultimate person responsible for the team fielded each & every season. I think U to need a lesson in FACTs since you always seem to be twisting them to your POV. Just like U I am entitled to post my views & if my views are not to your liking then just pass them by it it is really that easy. I do not wish to complicate your brain but I would be worrying far more of a rogue nation named North Korea obtaining a delivery system to deliver there nuclear bombs then why I retain my seats :mad:

#18511 championjets69, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  12. Brook!

Okay champ, you win. I give up. :)

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

As a long time poster and Champ follower it was so funny reading someone else trying to reason with him. We all have been there, done that, gave up. He does not give an inch, turns things around and becomes paranoid. Champ keeps his seasons so he has skin in the game and can tell people he's been a STH for umptenth years and we will never win a super bowl again. I bet one of my kids, he would rather be right then see us win one and rooted against the Jets in the last 2 Championship games.. Its his right to think and say what he wants but do everyone a favor and let sleeping dogs lie or this thread sucks

#18513 sec314, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Brook! likes this.
  14. championjets69

Simple question How many SBs have U seen the NYJs win since U have been put on this earth? That is the ONLY important thing that matters since we are consider a shit team since we have won NOTHING in 45 years. 30 under Hess & 15 under Woody. Those are the untwisted actual fact that cannot be changed no matter how obsessed U R with the NYJs the FACT still remains they have won NOTHING I will repeat that in last 45 years NOTHING & some day hopefully U & every other obsessed NYJ fan will stop twisting the facts & see the REAL FACTS & then we all will be on the same page. Oh yes U should be directing all of your frustrations at Woody since he is responsible for the last 15 years of losing:mad:

#18514 championjets69, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I DID NOT call them back / return their call,,,,,,funny how this stuff comes full circle,,,,there was a time when I could not wait for them to call or mail me,,,,,now I could care less,,,,,,as I said so many times ,I walked away with zero regrets,,,,,I might get around to calling them , I might not,,just updating

16. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

Thanks,,,, for,,,, the,,,, update,,,, Please,,,, keep,,,, us,,,, updated,,,,,

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ralph ,,,,,,,,if,,,,,,,,,I ,,,,,,did ,,,,,,,not,,,,,,know better ,,,,,,,,,,,I would think you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,were being,,,,,,,,,,somewhat,,,,,,,sarcastic .

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its really fun to watch someone argue with champ without being able to see his posts or even how many times he has posted.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

So I got an email today that we can upgrade our seats online next week. My date is May 20th. No plan to upgrade but I will still take a look out of curiousity.

20. championjets69

So how many years have U been a NYJ fan & NOT SEEN them win a SB? :mad: