Where would Geno Smith have gone in this years draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, May 11, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Geno has better mechanics than Manziel and Bortles. He put up better stats than them when I watch them play Geno looked better than them. But Manziel and Bortles are the better prospects that makes no sense. Then you rationalize this by going by where Geno was drafted compared to them.

Manziel has an average arm, Colt had an average arm. Both had mechanical flaws and both relied on using their legs. Both were/are undersized and slim built. The difference is one had rock star hype while the other didn't.

At this point we'll just agree to disagree. I don't agree with you so that means I never saw them play.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

My point is every highlight clip does that.

_

3. JStokes

Preposterous on both accounts, you are seeing what you hope to see and not being objective.

Fanboi.

Fanboi.

I don't believe you've seen either of them except on youtube clips and you've only read CBS Sportsline blogs about him.

Literally, your criticisms of both seem like they are verbatim from those blogs.

_

4. JStokes

Yup.

_

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I know what you meant. What I meant was if he can string together consistent mechanics and decision making, the Jets have something. Maybe thats a pointless observation, but I understand why the Jets didnt pull the trigger on a high QB pick because the other QB's have flaws and question marks as well.

6. The 1985er

You're seeing what you hope to see and not being objective. I think Bridgewater is a better prospect than Geno and Carr and Geno can go either way. That's just my opinion. I don't see what you see in Manziel and Bortles they're both going to be busts.

7. JStokes

Having never seen them play I think that's a stretch for you to say that. They may, in fact become busts, but nothing about their college play remotely suggests that. Not if you actually saw them play full games.

I see everything objectively. I doubt you ever saw Geno play at WVU. I don't think you saw anything about him till maybe draft time. I saw him play at least a dozen times at WVU, 3 times live.

_

8. JStokes

If every QB ever drafted can string together consistent mechanics and decision making, every QB would be something.

_

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I say Geno would have been picked by the vikes with that 32nd pick instead of Bridgewater making him to the 3rd to go. But thats just my opinion

10. murksauce

murksauce Member

Ok we get it... you dont like Geno. Why would a Syracuse fan like Geno anyway after that wvu vs Syracuse bowl game with nassib the bum (who happened to drop mightily in that draft). Geno is already established as an NFL ready quarterback which the guys you keep mentioning from this years drafts are not known to be yet. When people bring stats on Geno's college career that blow away your hopeful prospects from this draft, you still have excuses. Just admit you don't like the guy, its not like your the only one who doesn't around here. Jeez....

The 1985er likes this.
  11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Did you even see the stats I posted? You are unfairly comparing Manziel's college years to Geno's 1st year in the NFL. In college, Geno was more accurate and that's a fact based on the 71.2% completion, better than any other of the QBs coming out. Bridgewater's the only one that comes close. Saying that Geno is more accurate is a fact, not hopeful thinking. College is not the same level as NFL. The thread is about where Geno would have been drafted, so bringing up his rookie NFL year is pointless. But yeah I suppose once again that Manziel is the best and anyone who disagrees is a moron that knows nothing about football, and any other position is indefensible.

And seriously, fuck the SEC. Let Manziel and the others play a season in the NFL first and then we'll see.

#71 Barcs, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    The 1985er likes this.
  12. The 1985er

How do you know I never seen them play? Because I don't see what you see them in them?

13. JStokes

This is funny, that means every NfL QB, regardless of whether they were the worst QB in the NFL is better than any QB yet to be drafted. Colt McCoy was better than Andrew Luck because McCoy was established as NFL ready and Luck was not known to be yet. Sounds silly when you say that now, yes?

Btw, I've always admitted Nassib was not an NFL QB but he never "dropped" just like Geno never "dropped". Hey were drafted where they should have been drafted. In an awful QB draft class.

But yes, Geno's stats in the Big East and Big 12 are so much more impressive then Manziels in the SEC. As a freshman and sophomore.

_

14. JStokes

Oh, a stat guy. Got it. Completion percentage is the final word. Please. Just stop.

But yeah, fuck the SEC, because we're talking about college.

_

15. PulseJet

At the end of the day, the coaching staff and GM of the Jets thinks they can train Geno up enough to be an effective QB. If they are wrong, they will likely all be let go. Having Vick wont matter since they passed up several top prospects in this draft. They made their bet, we'll have to wait to see the results. But I dont think they would have hesitated to draft a QB if they doubted Geno's skillset, and I think MM is better positions and more incentivized to make the right call on this than a bunch of forum posters.

16. JStokes

Exactly. My point exactly. Thanks.

_

17. JStokes

Another great call. No one should have opinions. Close up TGG until September.

_

18. PulseJet

No one should have opinions.

Never said that. Just that the Jets management placed their bets and I'm hoping they know something JStokes doesnt know. Crazier things could happen. And if you value opinions so much, stop ragging on people who contribute theirs.

19. The 1985er

You're the be all that ends all in football opinions. Interesting.

20. JStokes

There are a LOT of opinions I value. Some others, not so much.

That's MY opinion. When I hear some of the made up BS spawned by fanbois or the verbiage ripped straight from a draft blog, I know what opinions not to value.

_